The COVID-19 pandemic that has engulfed the world, requires everyone to stay at home for the safety of one and all. This change in routine and the requirement to stay indoors albeit challenging may be necessary for a couple of months. To stay safe during this period, there are some precautions that people of every age group should adhere to.
If you are staying in a condo in North Padre Island, following are some tips to stay safe and prevent a coronavirus infection:
- Things To Do: Start with educating yourself on things you need to do in order to prevent an infection. The basics are wearing a mask before stepping out of your home, keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from those around you when outside or if within the vicinity of a COVID-19 patient, washing your hands thoroughly, disinfecting your phone, avoiding unnecessary travel and following healthcare guidelines.
- Work From Home: For your safety, consider working from your condo and make the necessary arrangements to do so seamlessly. Increase your productivity by using noise cancellation headphones, blue light filter glasses, an adjustable laptop stand, avoid working in bed and take breaks every 75 – 90 minutes. You can also set up a small office corner in your condo.
- Cook At Home: If you have to order food from outside, be very selective about food delivery services and emphasize on contactless drop-offs. However, the safest option is to make your own meals, freeze meals for later, learn new recipes online, etc.
- Keep Kids Busy: If you have kids, look for innovative and interesting ways to keep them busy indoors. Explore websites offering free online classes, indulge in interesting art and craft activities with them, read online books, watch movies, etc.
- Mental Health: Staying indoors and constantly listening to and reading about the pandemic can cause mental fatigue and anxiety in many. To avoid this, take breaks from news on social media, focus on activities you like, socialize with friends and family over the phone, take care of your indoor plants, read a book you love, sleep on time and exercise.
- Workout At Home: You need not go outside or to the gym for exercise as there are many alternatives that can give you equally good results. Working out at your condo is a safe and effective fitness option during the pandemic as it avoids contact with potential suspects of the virus in gyms, yoga studios, parks, etc. Explore online workout videos, take online yoga classes, and download workout apps to formulate a workout regimen that is suitable for you.
Contact the agents at The Rental Management Company for various safety tips to consider while staying in a rental condo in North Padre Island amid COVID-19 pandemic. The agents help the renters by providing latest updates about the situation in their area. To know more about tips on staying safe in your North Padre Island condo amid COVID-19 pandemic, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Documenting the condition of a rental property at the time of a tenant moving in or vacating the property is essential to maintain a healthy relationship between property owners and tenants. A rental unit’s condition can be documented via a rental checklist comparing the condition of each room at the time of a tenant moving in and moving out along with pictures in support of the factors. Such documentation provides standards on the basis of which a property owner can compare and assess the condition of a rental and determine whether any damage has been caused.
List of reasons for which it is important for a rental condo owner to document its condition has been mentioned below:
- Monitor Damage: Documenting the condition of a rental unit before a tenant moves in helps in identifying existing damage if any and pointing out damage caused by the tenant at the time of moving out. Damage in this context refers to the deterioration of property other than that caused by normal wear and tear. While documenting the interiors and exteriors of the property, the condition of each room and items like appliances, vanity, fixtures, etc., points of egress (front door, interior doors, back doors) and the structure (floors, walls and ceilings) should be taken into account.
- Determine The Presence Of Alterations: It is easier to identify unauthorized alterations to the property if its condition was documented before a tenant moves in. Examples of such alterations are a change in the color of paint, change of flooring, room divisions, etc.
- Proof Against Complaints: Documentation is also helpful if a tenant complains of health and safety issues. For instance, if a tenant complains of issues like mold in the rental and a property owner has pictures of the rental at the time of commencement of the lease agreement that prove the property was in immaculate condition, it will help in absolving the owner.
- Proof Of Agreement: Inspecting rental property prior to a tenant moving in and getting the checklist signed by the tenant acts as evidence in case of security deposit issues at the time of moving out. If the condition of your rental condo has been altered, you can deduct a reasonable amount from the security deposit on the basis of the proof you have documented.
Rental property inspection should be conducted and documented either by the property owner or a trusted person (property manager). The checklist should be signed and dated by the tenant as consenting to the property’s condition at the time of moving in and should also state disagreements, if any.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for rental condos. The property managers ensure that the condition of the rental condo is correctly documented before the tenant moves in and after he vacates the property. To know more about the benefits of documenting conditions of your rental condo, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rental houses are a great option for families and groups of friends looking for a place that feels just like home. To get the most out of a vacation home, there are certain things to keep in mind before renting it such as costs, payment methods, terms and conditions in the rental agreement, etc.
If you are renting a vacation rental home for the first time, following are some tips to help you make the right decision:
- Research: The first step is to conduct thorough research for finding a vacation rental that suits your liking in terms of features, amenities, budget, etc. It is recommended to do so around six months before you plan to travel as vacation rentals book up fast. You can avail the assistance of a rental agent for recommendations based on your destination and trip timing.
- Read The Contract Thoroughly: Go through the contract thoroughly before signing it so that you are clear about what to expect on moving in. Check policies regarding refunds in case of poor services, extra fees, cancellation, insurance, reservation, utility bills, phone service, pets, sub-leasing, and other features.
- Check Amenities: Usually, those looking for a vacation rental do so only for a few days due to which it is good to have amenities such as a washer, dryer, dishwasher, bedding, towels, free Wi-Fi, outdoor spaces, parking, etc. When researching vacation rentals, make it a point to ask whether the amenities you would like to have will be provided.
- Secure Payment: If you are to make payments online, ensure that the website has secure payment options that protect information about your credit card and bank details. It is advisable to read online reviews to know about the experiences of previous renters as far as modes of payment are concerned.
- Documentation: In case you spot existing damage on day one, be sure to document it in the form of a photograph and bring it to the property owner’s notice. Do the same on the last day as proof in case a misunderstanding comes up.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation houses on rent. Customers can consult the agents to find an ideal vacation rental based on the amenities offered and budget. For more details on tips for renting a vacation house, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation home management plays a significant role in keeping it commercially relevant as it helps in maintaining the quality and desirability of the property. Potential guests have higher chances of booking a well-maintained vacation rental. It is ideal to contact a reputed property management company with experienced and knowledgeable property managers for maintaining your vacation home.
Some important principles of vacation home management are:
- Get Organized: The first step of vacation rental management is to get organized in terms of maintenance pricing/costs (pool servicing, house cleaning, lawn care, etc.), utility overhead costs (electric, gas, water, etc.), installation costs, continuous service charges (internet, television), property payments, taxes, etc. Property managers have rental property management software to help with managing bills and keeping a tab on income and expenses.
- Offer Superior Services: Constantly work towards making your property better and more attractive by offering high-quality amenities and services, a variety of facilities (gyms, parks, wheelchair access, private parking, swimming pools, etc.), informing guests of conveniences and tourist attractions nearby, improve the decor, taking professional photographs for online listings, updating your listings regularly, etc.
- Be Upfront: Be clear about what you have to offer as this will build the level of trust that your guests have in you. Be upfront about every aspect of your vacation rental so as not to set unrealistic expectations in the minds of potential guests.
- Social Influence: It is important to be active on various social platforms to be visible to potential clients. It also creates a platform on which previous guests can share their experience at your vacation rental for potential guests to consider. Most people research vacation rentals based on the recommendations of previous guests.
- Preparation: Always be prepared for unforeseen circumstances to reduce its impact. A good way of doing so is to take out time and assess the situations that can arise during the stay of your guests and preparing in advance for such situations. This will make you look confident in the face of a problem and improve your image and credibility.
- Show You Care: During your guest’s stay, do something in the form of an act or gesture that will make him feel extraordinary and taken care of. This will go a long way in developing your guest’s trust in your management skills; thus increasing the chances of a good review.
The Rental Management Company assists vacation home owners to manage their properties efficiently. Our property managers take care of various aspects of vacation home management. For more details on principles of vacation home management, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
The right price for a vacation rental is one that attracts quality tenants and offers good returns to the property owner. When setting the price, the trick is to target guests who will be responsible enough to take care of the property while inhabiting it. Also, you should focus on minimizing the vacancy rate. To determine the ideal price for your rental, you will have to estimate the expenses of managing it and optimize your costs accordingly.
Tips that will help you in determining what the right price for a vacation rental are:
- Cost Of Running The Rental: Start with calculating the costs incurred on running your rental. Segregate the expenses into fixed and variable costs. The fixed costs are taxes, mortgage payments, homeowners insurance, TV, internet, etc. whereas, variable costs include utility costs like electricity, AC and heat, property repairs, etc. Knowledge about expenses is necessary for determining what the minimal rental rate should be.
- Research: Study establishments similar to your rental property to get an idea of what your price should be as per the amenities you are offering. Explore vacation rental listings on the internet, check out local newspapers, compare features, etc. to get a picture of what your neighborhood’s rental market looks like and make the necessary adjustments in your pricing.
- Work On Your Selling Point: Once you have done your research and explored what others have to offer, the next step is to determine factors that make your property stand out from the rest. Highlight these factors to fetch more rent. Examples of unique features in a vacation rental are a bigger bedroom, high-quality furniture, modern appliances, excellent Wi-Fi connectivity, etc.
- Use Dynamic Pricing Tools: Dynamic pricing is a great way to set the right price and adjust the same intelligently. These tools may help in determining the right price as per the number of guests, length of stay, day of the week, etc.
- Deals And Perks: Guests will be willing to pay more in exchange for interesting perks. Include attractive deals and promotions in your packages to attract more bookings and raise the price a bit.
- Reward Repeat Guests: To enjoy a good rental price without the need to reduce it for returning guests, offer special incentives to repeat guests. This can be in the form of exclusive discounts or rewards.
The Rental Management Company offers management services for vacation rentals. The property managers ensure that the vacation rental properties are marketed well to minimize the vacancy period. For further details on ways to set the right vacation rental price, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
The key to attracting quality tenants to your vacation rental lies in the ability to make it stand out from other vacation rentals in the market. This can be done by decorating, renovating, or making exceptional offers.
Some affordable and unique tips for making a vacation rental more appealing to prospective renters in the market are:
- Know Your Market: The first step is to define your market and know what potential renters are looking for in a vacation rental. This will help you concentrate your efforts in the right direction and spend on the right things. Capitalize on what your potential renter wants by offering him the appropriate facilities.
- Choice of Materials: When choosing materials for furniture items and other parts of the rental, take into consideration factors such as maintenance, durability, and style. Use materials that do not need frequent replacements and age well e.g. antique pine floors, stone counters, plaster walls, etc.
- Keep It Simple: Keep a limit on how much you accessorize and furnish the rental. A low-key appearance is preferred by tenants as compared to rentals that are over-accessorized and highly edited. Keep the foundation of your rental neutral and use accent colors to add layers and textures to the look.
- Smart Mixing: Mix up materials and items of decor to minimize expenses yet create a difference. For instance, you can invest in a high-quality dining table but cut down on the cost of dining chairs. But make it a point to be considerate of the quality of furniture and décor items.
- Decorate: Decorate your vacation rental smartly by incorporating functionality in each item of decor. Use pieces of furniture like ottomans, storage benches, storage baskets, open shelves, etc. These not only look attractive but serve a number of other purposes as well thus, minimizing the need for more things and cutting down expenses.
- Pay Attention To Privacy: Create a cozy nook for your guest to sit privately with friends and family. This can be in the form of a side porch with a daybed, a fire-place, seating adjacent to a large window, etc.
- Extra Amenities: Offer uninterrupted, fast and free Wi-Fi, access to premium TV, smart TV’s, etc. Also provide ample parking space, or access to a garage, towels, nice beddings, robes, soaps, burlap placemats, high-end bedding, etc.
- Lighting: Invest in exterior and interior lighting fixtures to light up dark spots, create a relaxing mood and provide extra light for reading.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rental services. The agents ensure that vacation rentals are maintained with basic amenities to provide a comfortable stay for the guests. To know about how to create a standout vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also contact (361) 949 – 9050.