Vacation rentals are meant to feel like a home away from home; so, most of them are equipped with essentials and a few extras to enhance a guest’s stay. Nevertheless, it is advisable to pack strategically for a comfortable and memorable stay. When packing for a vacation rental, you should consider factors such as the demographics of your family/group, length of stay, weather conditions of the place, medical conditions and personal preferences.
Following are some things you must remember to pack when planning for a vacation rental stay:
- Essential Clothing: Pack weather appropriate clothing, bathing suits, comfortable night wear, socks, handkerchiefs, face masks, a robe, a sun hat and comfortable shoes/footwear.
- Kitchen Essentials: You can expect basic kitchen supplies in your vacation rental but it would be good to carry along items that you use frequently in your own kitchen. These include condiments, paper towels, coffee filters, coffee, sugar, favorite snacks, a corkscrew, cereal, aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, paper plates, disposable glasses, crock-pot, salt and pepper, spices, bin bags, dishwashing soap, etc.
- Bathroom Essentials: For the bathroom, pack your favorite soap for a home-like feel or if allergic to common brands, safety pins, shampoo, conditioner, hair color, toothpaste, a body wash, shower cap, your toothbrush, floss and grooming supplies (razor, deodorant, hairdryer, nail cutter, perfume, hair brush, etc.)
- Pet Supplies: If you have a pet and there are no restrictions at the vacation rental for bringing it along, there are a couple of things that you should pack for your furry friend. These include a pet first-aid kit, a fetch toy, pick-up bags, life jacket, leash/harness and a pet water bottle.
- Entertainment And Electronics: Assign a separate bag for electronics such as tablets, streaming devices, a portable mini speaker, charging cables, a selfie stick, water proof pouch, power bank, batteries, DVDs, your gaming system, cameras, etc. Also, be prepared for unpredictable situations like poor weather that may warrant you to stay indoors and entertain yourself. For such situations, pack some books, magazines, board games, card games, and any other form of entertainment supplies to keep you occupied and engaged.
- General Stuff: Some general stuff to pack includes medication, your eye glasses, umbrellas, writing material (note pads and colored pencils/pens), a night light, bed rail (for a baby), cloth hangers, stroller, beach/pool toys, sunscreen, bikes, a huge tote/ beach bag, a headlamp/flashlight, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, disposable plastic gloves, etc.
- Important Documents: Make it a point to carry a separate pouch and pack your driver’s license, health insurance cards, auto insurance cards, rental confirmation information and credit/debit cards.
The Rental Management Company offers well-furnished vacation rentals in Corpus Christi. The vacation rentals are equipped with amenities that are necessary to ensure a comfortable stay for the guests. For more details on things to pack for your stay, call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Apart from ensuring that the vacation rental has high occupancy rate, maintenance is also essential to ensure high ROI. Also in order to uphold the value of a vacation rental, it is important to prioritize the maintenance and repair tasks. Regular maintenance keeps the property protected from routine damage and keeps the rental guests happy.
While every maintenance request should be responded to in an organized and timely manner, some tasks truly require immediate attention. Thus, there are various things that should be considered when assessing maintenance tasks.
All maintenance requests can be prioritized based on following criteria:
- Identify The Priority Of Maintenance Tasks: Emergency maintenance tasks are the ones that require immediate and effective attention to avoid compromising the safety, general habitability, and long-term investment of the property. Problems such as power loss, a burst pipe, fire, or HVAC failure are examples of emergency situations. They may cost a lot if not immediately rectified. A quick response here is the key to ensure the guests’ safety and the integrity of the property. Keep the concerned vendors’ list on-hand for the management team to promptly contact the right vendor.
Medium-priority maintenance tasks primarily consist of preventative maintenance such as debris and bush removal for fire prevention, slip prevention in the fall and winter, etc. These tasks are crucial to ensure that the property stays in good shape, and play a key role in long-term operations. All these are time-sensitive tasks but not urgent. Such tasks will affect operations eventually and need to be performed to maintain optimum property value.
- Navigate High To Medium Priority Maintenance Requests: Once the maintenance requests have been categorized as per their priority levels, start resolving them starting with the highest priority task.
- Assessing Low Priority Tasks: These tasks neither pose a safety risk nor do they prevent guests from utilizing the vacation rental as needed. These include tasks like replacing the oven’s light bulb, cosmetic wall repairs, etc. Just ensure that these are eventually done to avoid complaints from the guests.
The Rental Management Company assists property owners in managing maintenance requests for their rental investment property. The property managers provide services such as performing property maintenance tasks and repairs on time. To know more about ways to prioritize maintenance requests, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
View Full Image
Vacation rental amenities provided by the owners directly impact the experience of guests and help in converting a one-time guest into a returning guest. When travelers browse through vacation rental properties, amenities can really set the rental apart and make it stand out by indicating that the property will make the guests feel like home.
Things that can make vacation rental feel like home are:
Various vacation rental features can be provided to offer comfort, convenience, and homely environment to the guests. Travelers tend to filter their search for a vacation rental according to the features and amenities offered.
- 24-Hour Check-In: An automated check-in system will ensure that the guests can check-in whenever they please. It will free the owner from the responsibility of being present at the time of check-in. When the guests get access to the property through such services, they feel welcomed.
- Wi-Fi Services: One basic necessity that any vacation rental should be equipped with is the Wi-Fi connection. The guests will accept a fast and convenient Wi-Fi connection, as a part of their rental package. A Wi-Fi network helps the guests in enjoying uninterrupted entertainment, complete any urgent work, check their emails, etc. Providing the Wi-Fi password at the time of check-in will allow the guests feel at home as they do not need to contact the owner whenever they need internet access.
- Availability Of Cable Or Streaming Services: Even if they do not use the television, most guests will look for TV access as a must-have amenity in their vacation rental. The ideal combination would be to offer cable television, allowing access to various web portals, as well as live television for local news and weather reports.
- Family-Friendly Games: Families with kids will be excited about being able to play at their holiday home. Also, provide a selection of games for the whole family to make the vacation rental stand out to travelers. Provide free kids’ amenities such as crayons, books, bathtub toys, etc. Some board games and cards for family fun can also be provided.
- Local Maps & Recommendations: Make sure to provide local information for the guests to peruse. Provide information about the most recommended neighborhood restaurants and cafes. Include pamphlets on prominent local features like theaters, national parks or historical sights. This information will help the travelers feel as if they know the place as well as their hometown.
- Electrical Appliances: Having electric cookware (such as a kettle, coffee maker, rice cooker, etc.), refrigerator, oven, etc. will help the guests enjoy by allowing them enjoy home cooked meals.
The Rental Management Company provides vacation rental equipped with various amenities. This is to ensure a comfortable stay for the guests. For more details on things that can make vacation rentals feel like home, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
As a vacation rental owner, it is important to follow cleaning protocols and develop new practices to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitization. The importance of ensuring cleanliness has grown during the COVID-19 pandemic as guest expectations towards cleanliness and sanitation have changed significantly. While choosing a vacation rental, guests will consider the hygiene practices as an utmost priority.
Here are some cleaning guidelines to be followed by vacation rental owners during COVID-19:
- Cleaning, Disinfection & Sanitization: A standard protocol to be followed by vacation rental owners should include the process of cleaning, disinfection, and sanitization. Cleaning removes dirt, germs, and impurities from surfaces but may not kill the germs 100 percent. So after cleaning, the surfaces should be disinfected using chemicals to reduce the risk of infection. Sanitization further reduces the number of germs to a safe level. The guests should be appropriately informed that the property has gone through the disinfection process.
- State Requirements For Cleaning: Professional standards of cleaning have been advised to the vacation rental owners which each of them must abide by. They are required to take a note of which items need to be cleaned and disinfected and how to communicate clearly with the guests. States have provided instructions on the protective gear to be used by housekeeping staff, how to disinfect high-touch surfaces, how much time is needed between bookings to avoid back-to-back stays. The rules also outline what antibacterial hand washes, cleaners, and hand sanitizers should be kept for guests. It is recommended for vacation rental owners to have a look at these guidelines and follow the steps necessary to keep the vacation rentals clean and safe.
- Communicating Standard Procedures With The Guests: For the vacation rentals to stand out, owners should show off their efforts in cleaning and disinfecting to the potential guests. They can use terms such as ‘Disinfected’ and ‘Deep Cleaned’ in the property name. Highlight the efforts that have been taken to clean and disinfect the properties in the descriptions. It is great to mention the cleaning guidelines or policies followed to reassure the guests. Show the photos of the cleaning staff and the cleaning process to earn trust. Include things provided such as masks, gloves, cleaning detergent, etc. in the amenities list.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure that the vacation rentals are sanitized and disinfected as per the cleaning protocols. For more details on cleaning protocols for vacation rentals during COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949-9050.
Millions of travelers and potential guests excessively use social media every day. Social media is extremely important for the vacation rental industry. Marketing your vacation rental over social media can greatly impact the bookings.
For this reason, it is important to tailor the use of each social media platform according to its specific function for advertizing your vacation rental. Understanding the most appropriate way to use each platform will allow for the maximum return on your investment (time, money, and energy).
A clear and effective social media strategy will help to grow your vacation rental business by promoting your rental property in the right way. It will result into more visibility and attract more guests.
Define The Social Media Strategy
To develop a comprehensive social media strategy, consider the following things:
- Your Goals: Before working on social media plans, clearly define your goals and objectives. Vacation rental owners may want to develop brand awareness, boost traffic on the website, or increase the number of bookings, etc. Setting up goals will help you to analyze results at the end of each month and allow you to know if your strategy is working or it needs to change.
- Social Media Platforms: Select social media channels based on the time you can spend on them, your knowledge and skills, and the preferences of your guests.
- Professional Account: Create a professional account on the social media you are using. This account is required to be all about your vacation rental business and not your personal life.
Promote The Vacation Rental
Social media is a great tool to advertize your vacation rental so you need to focus on the content you want to post.
- Visual Identity: Establish a visual identity for your vacation rental by using a logo and specific colors. This will help people identify you when they see your posts among many others on their Facebook or LinkedIn walls.
- Location & Hashtags: Frequently use location and hashtags to help potential guests find you on social media.
- Promote The Experience: Show how great it is to stay at your vacation rental, mention the activities and the extras you are offering to your guests. These are your unique selling points.
Stay Informed About Vacation Rental Industry
Social media channels are also an excellent way to keep up to date with the latest news about the industry and the new regulations. Follow niche magazines or websites about vacation rental business on your social media platforms for the latest information.
The Rental Management Company provides a variety of services to the vacation rental owners. The company promotes all the vacation rentals through its online listings. For more details on the use of social media for promoting your vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
COVID-19 has brought about significant changes in the way we live our lives and handle day-to-day duties. As the restrictions ease down, everyone should incorporate the required measures to ensure personal safety while resuming normal operations. The same applies to vacation rental owners who are gearing to step back into the game. A few precautions such as strict disinfecting and cleaning measures can significantly help in ensuring the well-being of guests.
Some important points to consider when hosting guests in a vacation rental post COVID-19 are:
- Prepare For An Upsurge: There are expectations on the influx of guests post COVID-19 as those who love travelling will be in search of clean vacation rentals. The most important preparation for this period is sanitization and cleanliness. Apart from this, owners should utilize this time to upgrade the vacation rentals; they can repaint, take professional quality photos, upgrade bathrooms and kitchens, and think of interesting offers for the guests.
- Cleaning: The first thing guests are likely to judge is the level of cleanliness in a vacation rental. So, it is important to ensure the finest standards of cleaning. Clean areas that are prone to contamination such as doorknobs, handles, railings, light switches, etc.
- Precautions: While preparing the vacation rental for guests, owners should exercise precautions to protect themselves and those cleaning the property. Protective gear should be used while cleaning (facial coverings, gloves, aprons, etc.), wash hands after taking off gloves, ventilate the rental before cleaning, wash hands thoroughly after each cleaning session, change cleaning cloths, do not touch the face/nose/eyes while cleaning, etc.
- Disinfect: Some items should be disinfected regularly for complete protection from the virus. For instance, vacuum cleaners, laundry baskets, hampers, trashcans, linens, etc. should be disinfected after use. Use disinfectants registered under the environmental protection agency and cleaning solutions with up to 70 percent alcohol.
- Protect The Guests: Offer self check-in and checkout facilities with instructions on using them, minimize routine maintenance during their stay, and offer amenities like hand soap, tissues, toilet paper, extra towels, clean sheets, disinfectants, and cleaning supplies. Also, make it to a point to place sanitizers at the entrance, in the kitchen and bathroom.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure to manage vacation rentals following the safety guidelines for COVID-19. For more details on things to consider when hosting guests in vacation rental post COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are a practical and economical option for large groups and families going on vacations. The process of looking for a vacation rental that meets the budget and personal requirements can be simplified by determining individual requirements before renting. Before signing a vacation rental lease, go through every term and condition thoroughly, clear any doubts, inspect the property, and assess other details that are required. Some advanced planning and research can help in ensuring that the stay is enjoyable and fulfilling.
Some important tips to keep in mind before signing a vacation rental lease are:
- Read The Terms: It helps to know what to expect from the rental and what are the responsibilities of a guest before signing a contract. Read each term and condition stated in the lease agreement carefully while noting the liability towards expenses like internet, housekeeping, cable, phone service, and other facilities.
- Consider Additional Costs: There may be a requirement to pay additional costs for water and some utilities, if mentioned in the lease term. Before signing an agreement, ask the property owner if there is any liability to pay the additional costs. Thereafter, analyze the actual amount to be paid and potential costs before finalizing the booking.
- Read Reviews: Reviews can provide an in-depth analysis of what it is like to stay in the vacation rental. Do not just skim through them but also read them thoroughly because there may be some of the most relevant points between the lines.
- Ask Questions: Asking questions can provide potentially crucial information so ask as many as possible before signing the contract. Examples of things to ask about are the mode of payments (check or cash), stay rules, maximum occupancy, emergency contact numbers, housekeeping/cleaning services, conditions for getting the security deposit back, check in/check out timings, late check out fees, safety measures, etc.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals to its clients. The agents assist the clients in understanding the vacation rental lease. To know more about quick tips about vacation rental leases, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.