As a vacation rental owner, it is important to follow cleaning protocols and develop new practices to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitization. The importance of ensuring cleanliness has grown during the COVID-19 pandemic as guest expectations towards cleanliness and sanitation have changed significantly. While choosing a vacation rental, guests will consider the hygiene practices as an utmost priority.
Here are some cleaning guidelines to be followed by vacation rental owners during COVID-19:
- Cleaning, Disinfection & Sanitization: A standard protocol to be followed by vacation rental owners should include the process of cleaning, disinfection, and sanitization. Cleaning removes dirt, germs, and impurities from surfaces but may not kill the germs 100 percent. So after cleaning, the surfaces should be disinfected using chemicals to reduce the risk of infection. Sanitization further reduces the number of germs to a safe level. The guests should be appropriately informed that the property has gone through the disinfection process.
- State Requirements For Cleaning: Professional standards of cleaning have been advised to the vacation rental owners which each of them must abide by. They are required to take a note of which items need to be cleaned and disinfected and how to communicate clearly with the guests. States have provided instructions on the protective gear to be used by housekeeping staff, how to disinfect high-touch surfaces, how much time is needed between bookings to avoid back-to-back stays. The rules also outline what antibacterial hand washes, cleaners, and hand sanitizers should be kept for guests. It is recommended for vacation rental owners to have a look at these guidelines and follow the steps necessary to keep the vacation rentals clean and safe.
- Communicating Standard Procedures With The Guests: For the vacation rentals to stand out, owners should show off their efforts in cleaning and disinfecting to the potential guests. They can use terms such as ‘Disinfected’ and ‘Deep Cleaned’ in the property name. Highlight the efforts that have been taken to clean and disinfect the properties in the descriptions. It is great to mention the cleaning guidelines or policies followed to reassure the guests. Show the photos of the cleaning staff and the cleaning process to earn trust. Include things provided such as masks, gloves, cleaning detergent, etc. in the amenities list.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure that the vacation rentals are sanitized and disinfected as per the cleaning protocols. For more details on cleaning protocols for vacation rentals during COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949-9050.
Millions of travelers and potential guests excessively use social media every day. Social media is extremely important for the vacation rental industry. Marketing your vacation rental over social media can greatly impact the bookings.
For this reason, it is important to tailor the use of each social media platform according to its specific function for advertizing your vacation rental. Understanding the most appropriate way to use each platform will allow for the maximum return on your investment (time, money, and energy).
A clear and effective social media strategy will help to grow your vacation rental business by promoting your rental property in the right way. It will result into more visibility and attract more guests.
Define The Social Media Strategy
To develop a comprehensive social media strategy, consider the following things:
- Your Goals: Before working on social media plans, clearly define your goals and objectives. Vacation rental owners may want to develop brand awareness, boost traffic on the website, or increase the number of bookings, etc. Setting up goals will help you to analyze results at the end of each month and allow you to know if your strategy is working or it needs to change.
- Social Media Platforms: Select social media channels based on the time you can spend on them, your knowledge and skills, and the preferences of your guests.
- Professional Account: Create a professional account on the social media you are using. This account is required to be all about your vacation rental business and not your personal life.
Promote The Vacation Rental
Social media is a great tool to advertize your vacation rental so you need to focus on the content you want to post.
- Visual Identity: Establish a visual identity for your vacation rental by using a logo and specific colors. This will help people identify you when they see your posts among many others on their Facebook or LinkedIn walls.
- Location & Hashtags: Frequently use location and hashtags to help potential guests find you on social media.
- Promote The Experience: Show how great it is to stay at your vacation rental, mention the activities and the extras you are offering to your guests. These are your unique selling points.
Stay Informed About Vacation Rental Industry
Social media channels are also an excellent way to keep up to date with the latest news about the industry and the new regulations. Follow niche magazines or websites about vacation rental business on your social media platforms for the latest information.
The Rental Management Company provides a variety of services to the vacation rental owners. The company promotes all the vacation rentals through its online listings. For more details on the use of social media for promoting your vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
COVID-19 has brought about significant changes in the way we live our lives and handle day-to-day duties. As the restrictions ease down, everyone should incorporate the required measures to ensure personal safety while resuming normal operations. The same applies to vacation rental owners who are gearing to step back into the game. A few precautions such as strict disinfecting and cleaning measures can significantly help in ensuring the well-being of guests.
Some important points to consider when hosting guests in a vacation rental post COVID-19 are:
- Prepare For An Upsurge: There are expectations on the influx of guests post COVID-19 as those who love travelling will be in search of clean vacation rentals. The most important preparation for this period is sanitization and cleanliness. Apart from this, owners should utilize this time to upgrade the vacation rentals; they can repaint, take professional quality photos, upgrade bathrooms and kitchens, and think of interesting offers for the guests.
- Cleaning: The first thing guests are likely to judge is the level of cleanliness in a vacation rental. So, it is important to ensure the finest standards of cleaning. Clean areas that are prone to contamination such as doorknobs, handles, railings, light switches, etc.
- Precautions: While preparing the vacation rental for guests, owners should exercise precautions to protect themselves and those cleaning the property. Protective gear should be used while cleaning (facial coverings, gloves, aprons, etc.), wash hands after taking off gloves, ventilate the rental before cleaning, wash hands thoroughly after each cleaning session, change cleaning cloths, do not touch the face/nose/eyes while cleaning, etc.
- Disinfect: Some items should be disinfected regularly for complete protection from the virus. For instance, vacuum cleaners, laundry baskets, hampers, trashcans, linens, etc. should be disinfected after use. Use disinfectants registered under the environmental protection agency and cleaning solutions with up to 70 percent alcohol.
- Protect The Guests: Offer self check-in and checkout facilities with instructions on using them, minimize routine maintenance during their stay, and offer amenities like hand soap, tissues, toilet paper, extra towels, clean sheets, disinfectants, and cleaning supplies. Also, make it to a point to place sanitizers at the entrance, in the kitchen and bathroom.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure to manage vacation rentals following the safety guidelines for COVID-19. For more details on things to consider when hosting guests in vacation rental post COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are a practical and economical option for large groups and families going on vacations. The process of looking for a vacation rental that meets the budget and personal requirements can be simplified by determining individual requirements before renting. Before signing a vacation rental lease, go through every term and condition thoroughly, clear any doubts, inspect the property, and assess other details that are required. Some advanced planning and research can help in ensuring that the stay is enjoyable and fulfilling.
Some important tips to keep in mind before signing a vacation rental lease are:
- Read The Terms: It helps to know what to expect from the rental and what are the responsibilities of a guest before signing a contract. Read each term and condition stated in the lease agreement carefully while noting the liability towards expenses like internet, housekeeping, cable, phone service, and other facilities.
- Consider Additional Costs: There may be a requirement to pay additional costs for water and some utilities, if mentioned in the lease term. Before signing an agreement, ask the property owner if there is any liability to pay the additional costs. Thereafter, analyze the actual amount to be paid and potential costs before finalizing the booking.
- Read Reviews: Reviews can provide an in-depth analysis of what it is like to stay in the vacation rental. Do not just skim through them but also read them thoroughly because there may be some of the most relevant points between the lines.
- Ask Questions: Asking questions can provide potentially crucial information so ask as many as possible before signing the contract. Examples of things to ask about are the mode of payments (check or cash), stay rules, maximum occupancy, emergency contact numbers, housekeeping/cleaning services, conditions for getting the security deposit back, check in/check out timings, late check out fees, safety measures, etc.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals to its clients. The agents assist the clients in understanding the vacation rental lease. To know more about quick tips about vacation rental leases, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Pre-booking a vacation rental is necessary for anyone looking for specific services and amenities. It ensures that one gets what is desired in terms of duration of stay, facilities, and pricing. Pre-booking can also help in availing great deals and protect you from last minute hassle.
Listed below are some reasons for which one should consider pre-booking a vacation rental:
- Scope For Planning: Pre-booking lets a guest know exactly where he is going to stay, the amenities that will be provided, the weather, facilities available, and other details. This makes it easier to plan for a trip accordingly in terms of clothes and essentials like medicines, cooking ingredients, etc. Such information helps guests to be more organized and prepared for a trip as compared to the situation when a last-minute booking is made.
- The Rate Advantage: Digitalization has made it easier to book vacation rentals via rental agency’s online listings. One can research a variety of factors before booking such as the peak season, rates of different vacation rentals, overall service rating, etc. Access to such information helps travelers stick to their budget for the trip without compromising on facilities they want. Most vacation rental owners offer special discounts to early bookings.
- More Options: Pre-booking provides more vacation rental options to choose from such as destinations, available dates, special features, amenities, etc. Potential guests get to choose from a large selection of vacation rentals from online listings, shortlist the ones they like and eventually book one that suits their financial and personal requirements.
- Know What To Expect: When a guest pre-books a vacation rental there is a sense of peace and predictability in knowing what to expect at the place he will be staying in. Guests are aware of the number of rooms in the rental, entertainment mediums, internet connectivity, appliances provided, etc.
- Book in Bulk: Pre-booking is a great option for anyone interested in bulk bookings. Booking in bulk is best done in advance due to the availability of more vacation rentals and there is also the advantage of discounted booking rates for a large number of rentals.
Pre-booking a vacation rental is a convenient and time-saving strategy for reducing costs, comparing options, choosing specific features, and ensuring a relaxing and memorable stay.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents assist the customers in pre-booking the vacation rental. For more details on the reasons to pre-book a vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Attracting guests to your vacation rental is the core of a vacation rental investment. Making a few efforts can help a vacation rental owner in increasing the number of guests that book the rental. It is advisable to direct these efforts at making your vacation rental property stand out from the rest of the properties in the market.
Important things that can make your vacation rental stand out and generate more profits are:
- Improve The Listing: Optimize the rental listing by describing the vacation rental in a straightforward and accurate manner. Update it regularly to reflect seasonal changes, new improvements, new amenities, etc. Pay special attention to photos of the rental property attached with the listing. Make sure that the lighting and angles of photos accentuate the best features of the property.
- Enhance Guest Experience: Do what it takes to make the vacation rental experience memorable for the guests. A good experience increases the chances of repeated bookings, positive guest reviews, and predictable income. Vacation rental owners can consider gestures such as offering a welcome gift, providing local suggestions, printing instructions, offering comfortable furnishings, and upgrading outdoor spaces.
- Setting The Right Price: An increase in the price of vacation rental should be directly proportionate to the value added to it in the form of upgrades and updates. The right price is never static but varies depending on factors such as seasonal demand, length of stay, demand trends, specific events, etc. It is advisable to compare weekly and monthly data to gauge the performance of your rental and determine the prevailing price trends for maximum profits.
- Reinvest Profits: Once the vacation rental gains a steady momentum and attains the desired profit mark, it is advisable to reinvest the profits into the rental or on marketing in order to increase rental rates and stay competitive. Reinvestment can be in the form of upgrades such as outdoor furniture, a fire table, bathroom, and kitchen upgrades, etc.
- Online Presence: Create a strong online presence for the convenience of vacation rental guests and for reaching out to a bigger number of potential guests. Vacation rental owners should increase the digital footprint by accepting online bookings, generating and responding to reviews, building a website that will effectively convert traffic into inquiries/booking and by being active on social media.
- Hire A Professional: Hire a property manager to handle jobs like upgrading the vacation rental, improving guest experience, managing advertizement, confirming reservations, researching and implementing new strategies to manage the business, etc. Delegating the above-mentioned jobs to professionals will help save time and increase revenue in the long run.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for vacation rental owners. The property managers offer services such as property marketing, maintenance, and repairs, etc. To know more about ways to increase profits on your vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
The COVID-19 pandemic that has engulfed the world, requires everyone to stay at home for the safety of one and all. This change in routine and the requirement to stay indoors albeit challenging may be necessary for a couple of months. To stay safe during this period, there are some precautions that people of every age group should adhere to.
If you are staying in a condo in North Padre Island, following are some tips to stay safe and prevent a coronavirus infection:
- Things To Do: Start with educating yourself on things you need to do in order to prevent an infection. The basics are wearing a mask before stepping out of your home, keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from those around you when outside or if within the vicinity of a COVID-19 patient, washing your hands thoroughly, disinfecting your phone, avoiding unnecessary travel and following healthcare guidelines.
- Work From Home: For your safety, consider working from your condo and make the necessary arrangements to do so seamlessly. Increase your productivity by using noise cancellation headphones, blue light filter glasses, an adjustable laptop stand, avoid working in bed and take breaks every 75 – 90 minutes. You can also set up a small office corner in your condo.
- Cook At Home: If you have to order food from outside, be very selective about food delivery services and emphasize on contactless drop-offs. However, the safest option is to make your own meals, freeze meals for later, learn new recipes online, etc.
- Keep Kids Busy: If you have kids, look for innovative and interesting ways to keep them busy indoors. Explore websites offering free online classes, indulge in interesting art and craft activities with them, read online books, watch movies, etc.
- Mental Health: Staying indoors and constantly listening to and reading about the pandemic can cause mental fatigue and anxiety in many. To avoid this, take breaks from news on social media, focus on activities you like, socialize with friends and family over the phone, take care of your indoor plants, read a book you love, sleep on time and exercise.
- Workout At Home: You need not go outside or to the gym for exercise as there are many alternatives that can give you equally good results. Working out at your condo is a safe and effective fitness option during the pandemic as it avoids contact with potential suspects of the virus in gyms, yoga studios, parks, etc. Explore online workout videos, take online yoga classes, and download workout apps to formulate a workout regimen that is suitable for you.
Contact the agents at The Rental Management Company for various safety tips to consider while staying in a rental condo in North Padre Island amid COVID-19 pandemic. The agents help the renters by providing latest updates about the situation in their area. To know more about tips on staying safe in your North Padre Island condo amid COVID-19 pandemic, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.