A vacation home must exude an inviting vibe for your guests so that they come back again the next time. You should be able to offer a comfortable and relaxing space to your guests where they can enjoy their vacation. You can follow the below mentioned tips to make your vacation home more welcoming:
- Cleanliness: It is important to offer a clean environment to your guests. Pay special attention towards the hard-to-reach corners and make additional efforts to clean the kitchen and bathrooms. If you are providing a refrigerator to your guests, make sure it is clean as well. Organize everything properly in your fridge and kitchen cabinets for a neat look.
- Have comfortable furniture: The furniture in your vacation home must be comfortable and your guests should be able to use them indoors as well as outdoors. Opt for dining chairs or stacking chairs as they work well around a dining table and on the deck too. The material of your chairs should be damp-proof so that it does not get spoiled.
- Make space for guests’ things: The vacation home must look clean and tidy, free from any kind of clutter. Apart from cleaning your space meticulously, you also need to make sure there are not too many items on display. Offer some space for your guests where they can easily keep their small personal items. You can have a small shelf, cabinet or even a sofa wall bed that can be folded during the day.
- Pay attention to minute details: Checking small details can go a long way in making your guests feel at ease in the vacation home. For instance, you can clean all the major and minor appliances along with light fixtures. Clean dust from all the doors and windows and do not forget to wipe off dust from the shelves. Also, vacuum the couch and clean the debris that has settled under the appliances and furniture items.
- Have beautiful bedding: A bedroom is one of the first things that your guests will notice because they want to relax after a long day of traveling. You can buy hi-end designer bed sheets, pillow covers and comforters at discounted rates. Spending a little bit extra money on the bedroom can go a long way in impressing your guests.
- Keep kitchen furniture comfy: It is best to have comfortable bar stools and high seating options in and around the kitchen. If you have a small kitchen, unstack and spread out the chairs around the kitchen so that your guests can sit together and chat before dinner. Once dinner is ready, they can stack the bar stools back again and place them in a corner.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help you rent out your vacation home in Corpus Christi. We have extensive experience in advertizing rental properties across the city. For more information, feel free to call us at (361) 949 – 9050.
If you want your vacations to be stress free and fun filled, you must consider several factors that may influence the stay. You may start by booking an accommodation that fulfills your needs and meets your budget. In order to do so, you’ll require some prior planning and a thorough research.
Mentioned below are some tips that will help you in booking a right vacation rental home –
- Know your needs – Before finalizing a vacation rental home, it is important to figure out your budget, number of people who will be traveling, preferred location or the type of home that you want to rent. For instance, you may decide to live by a beach side or few blocks away, you may want a large house or a condo etc.
- Verify the vacation rental services – In order to ensure that your vacation is perfect and there are no unpleasant surprises, you must ensure that the rental service chosen by you is authentic and reliable. For this, you must visit their website or social media sites to read the customer reviews and experience.
- Check the rental agreement thoroughly – Though for a smaller time period, you’ll still be renting a property and signing a lease agreement. Before the final booking, carefully read the contract and understand all the responsibilities and liabilities handed over to you. In case you feel doubtful, make sure to do a prior inquiry about it.
- Pay securely – To make a payment for your reservations you may use an online gateway or a phone system. In both the cases ensure that medium is trustworthy and secured. In addition to this you must also see that all types of debit and credit card are also accepted by them.
- Check if an emergency contact number is provided – Be sure that your vacation rental home provides you with an emergency contact number that can be called at any time. For instance, during a medical urgency or to handle maintenance issues.
Choose a home maintained by a professional management firm – You must book the homes that are maintained by the professionals. They offer a myriad of services and ensure your safety.
If you are looking for a vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, get in touch with The Rental Management Company. You can choose from our wide range of vacation condos, townhomes and apartments that offer high quality and outstanding services. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Finding the perfect vacation rental home with all the desired facilities can be a bit challenging task. A thorough research about the rental homes available in your preferred location and advanced planning can help you have a vacation that you always wanted.
The factors that you can keep in mind while comparing vacation rental homes are –
- Easy on the pocket – This is one of the most significant factors to be considered before renting a vacation home. You must be assured that the rental home is within your budget and there are no additional charges. Also inquire if there are any refunds on cancellation of booking.
- Rooms available – Depending upon the number of members that will be going on a vacation, shortlist homes that provide ample number of rooms to accommodate each of them. Make sure that there are different rooms available for the kids and an attic or a place to keep your luggage. You may also look for homes that offer a hall, deck or extra space to conduct parties and gatherings.
- Facilities offered – The rental home must offer basic amenities like furniture, washers, dryers etc. You may also look for additional facilities such as DVD player, internet connection, boat lift, swimming pool etc. The kitchen should be equipped with basic appliances and equipment like kettle, blender, knives, can opener and microwave. It would be an added benefit if housekeeping services are offered.
- Proximity to places of attraction – When choosing a rental home, note that it is situated close to local attractions, transport services, market, beaches, restaurants, health centers etc. This will ensure that you have a comfortable experience staying at the house. For this, you may take help of Google earth to search for the whereabouts of a particular property.
- View from the property –Look for a home that offers a beautiful view outside its window, like a beautiful sunrise, sunset or a beach. This will help you feel calm and close to nature. A home located on a busy street may spoil your plan of relaxing and a quiet getaway.
- Condition of the property – Be sure that the property is well maintained and the pictures provided on online listing websites are of high quality. The advertizement must contain images of all rooms including the bathrooms as well as patio, if any. The rooms must look clean, well-lit and spacious. This will allow you to have an idea about the available space.
- Pet Friendly – If you plan to take your pet on the trip, make sure that the vacation home is pet friendly. You may look up for the features such as dog doors, ceramic tiles or laminated flooring, slip proof area rugs etc. that will make the home comfortable for your pet too.
- Safety – Be assured that the home you choose to rent is well secured. If possible, you must gather information about the security features installed such as smoke detectors, fire extinguishers etc. If you are accompanied by your kids, make sure that the locality is safe and the house is properly fenced.
- Mode of rent payment – You may opt for the rental homes that allow you to pay the rent online or through credit or debit cards, since carrying large amount of cash while traveling is not a good idea.
- Additional facilities – Having some additional benefits along with the basic facilities is always appreciated. Try to book a vacation rental home that offers local travel guides, booklets, maps and information about places to visit in the city and vicinity.
A good vacation rental home will not only enhance your travel experience but will also help you to make remarkable memories.
If you are planning a trip to Corpus Christi, get in touch with The Rental Management Company. We have an extensive listing of vacation condos, townhomes and apartments that offer magnificent facilities. You can select from an array of vacation rental homes and have a perfect vacation. For more information call our real estate agents at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
A beach vacation to Corpus Christi, TX can be the perfect idea for a family getaway. In order to make the most out of your trip, consider staying in a sea-facing vacation rental home. These homes provide all the basic amenities that are required to make your stay comfortable and memorable. However, before you decide to go for a beach vacation, it is important to keep a note of the things that you will require. Given below is a complete list of all the items that you must carry to enjoy your vacation.
It would be wise to keep all your documents arranged in a file. This would ensure that you have all of them organized together. To be on the safer side, you can keep their copies in your email. The following documents should be included –
- Travel tickets
- Passport/ Visa
- Identity proof
- Health insurance papers
- Itinerary and reservation information
- Accommodation contact details
- Emergency contact numbers
A small carry-on bag
Prepare a small bag and keep in it all the stuff that you would need repeatedly. Remember, that since you will be carrying it all the time, it would be good if you keep it light in weight. Things to be put inside the bag include –
- Mobile charger
- Travel guide or maps
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes and paper soaps
- Magazine or novel that you read
- Lip balm and sunscreen lotion
First aid kit
It is necessary that you stay prepared for any kind of major or minor discomfort that may arise during your stay at the beach house. Here are the things to take along:
- A waterproof box – If your kit somehow ends up in or near the water, your supplies do not get damaged.
- Keep all the basic things – Anti-histamines, painkillers, bandages, cotton swabs, antiseptic, thermometer, insect repellents, ointments and any specific medication that you take.
- Instant ice packs – These provide instant relief for sunburns and bruises.
The main bag
Find a luggage that is spacious, sturdy and light enough to be carried. For organizing your stuff, you can use compression sacs that can reduce the volume of your clothes by 80% or you can just keep army fold tops and t-shirts to save some space. Try to put all the things compactly in one bag to avoid carrying multiple luggage. The things that you should put inside your travel bag are –
- Clothing (tops, shirts, t-shirts etc.)
- Night clothes
- Pairs of pajamas and socks
- Shoes and slippers
- Two or more swimsuits or swim trunks
Make up or shaving kit
Transportation security rules allow a person to carry creams or pastes up to 100 milliliters only. Therefore, make sure that you do not have anything that exceeds this limit. The toiletries that you should carry include toothbrush, toothpaste, combs, moisturizer, creams, shaving gel and shampoo.
Apart from the above mentioned things, there are some more items that you can carry depending upon your need and choice.
- In case you are going to the beach side with a toddler, do not forget to pack extra pair of clothes and amenities like milk bottles, baby soap, cereals, sippy cups, toys etc.
- Electronic gadgets like laptops, iPad, kindles etc.
- Brimmed hat
- Reusable water bottles
- Sewing kit
- Laundry bag
Amenities offered at vacation rental homes
The vacation rental homes are well equipped with basic amenities to make your stay comfortable. Most of them include DVD player, TV, fenced yard, barbecue, boat slip etc. These homes are affordable, have beautiful locations and can accommodate an entire family or a group at one place. With the facilities offered by vacation rental homes, you can enjoy your trip and spend some quality time with the ones you love.
Pack your bags according to this checklist and get ready for an enjoyable vacation.
If you are looking for a vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX, contact The Rental Management Company. For more details about bookings, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
If you are looking for a lodging option in Corpus Christi, TX you may not find anything better than a beach vacation house. The city is home to some of the most serene beaches where you can sunbathe and revel in the picturesque scenery. Staying in a place that offers constant spectacular view of the sunset and refreshing sound of waves will make your holiday even more exciting. You can walk through the dock or sit in the patio and adore the lovely nature. It will provide relaxation and relieve all your worries.
Let’s take a look at some reasons why you should rent a beach vacation house in Corpus Christi:
Beach House Offers Extra Space
Renting a beach vacation home can be a good option if you have a large family. It offers more space as compared to hotels. Families with kids can benefit a lot as they have sufficient room to play or unwind after a long stroll at the beach. They can even enjoy a mini picnic near the beach where the kids can enjoy while making sand castles. Depending upon the number of vacationers, you can rent a townhome, condo, apartment or duplex near the beach.
Provides Comforts Of A Home
You can find all the luxuries of a home when staying in a beach vacation home. The rooms are spacious and beds are comfortable. Beach homes are also equipped with closets, cabinets and other storage furniture so that you can easily store your belongings as well as surfing gear.
Saves Your Money
As compared to a hotel room, beach houses prove to be a much cost-effective accommodation option. For students or bachelors who have a limited budget, there can be nothing better than a vacation rental home. They can even share the room and hence distribute the expenses. Moreover, it also helps you to save on commuting from the hotel to the beach and vice versa.
Offers Complete Privacy
Beach rental homes offer separate rooms for each family member. You can enjoy your personal space while enjoying a group holiday experience at the same time. Beach houses have a patio, lawn, balcony or any other outdoor seating area where you can sit back and relax. You can enjoy some stress-free cooking or host a barbecue afternoon for your family. You can even go for fishing and cook fresh fish every day.
Bring Your Pets Along
Most beach vacation houses in Corpus Christi are pet friendly. This means, you do not have to leave your pet back home to enjoy a holiday. Since these homes have fences, your pet can easily move around within the boundary. You can even take your pet to the beach and let him enjoy the beautiful nature.
A beach vacation house offers various amenities for the guests. It is usually equipped with all the essential appliances such as dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, washer, dryer etc. Most of the beach homes even have a private swimming pool to make the experience memorable for the guests.
If you are renting a beach vacation home, you have an added advantage to choose the amenities according to your requirements and budget. Whether you want to stay right at the beach or slightly away, you can select the location accordingly. Even the occupancy of the rental home can be chosen based on your preferences.
Provides Necessary Equipment For Surfing
Certain vacation rental owners also provide surfboard, shovel, frisbee, umbrella, snorkel etc. for the convenience of the guests. Thus, you do not have to pack them and increase your burden while traveling.
Book your beach vacation home in Corpus Christi, spend your day near the beautiful waves and have an amazing holiday experience.
We, at The Rental Management Company, offer a wide range of beach vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi, TX. You can browse through the MLS listings and choose the most suitable vacation home.
For more information, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
If you are planning a holiday to Corpus Christi, TX, renting a vacation home instead of a hotel room can help you save a lot of money. Not only you will experience a ‘home away from home’ feeling, but also get the privacy and comfort that you desire. However, with so many options available out there, choosing the right property may seem to be difficult.
Here are some tips that can help you find the perfect vacation rental home:
Read online reviews
It is essential to research about the vacation rental homes available in your preferred location. You can read online reviews posted by previous tenants to get a better idea. In this way, you will be able to rent a quality vacation home within a short span of time.
Evaluate your needs
Make sure you scrutinize your requirements before beginning with the search. You can choose a luxury vacation home with more number of rooms in case you have a large family. If you have pets, opt for a pet-friendly home.
Browse online listings
Going through the online listings can help you compare various properties and choose the most suitable one. These listings provide high quality images and descriptions to highlight the important details of the vacation rental homes. You can also view HD quality virtual tour of the property so that you can be aware about its ins and outs. This can help you to envision yourself in the home and take the final decision quickly.
Check the exact location
It is important to check the exact location before you rent the vacation rental home. Whether you are planning to spend your vacation near a beach or some other exotic location, choose a home that best fits your needs. Check the weather conditions in the area before moving in. Make sure the vacation home has easy accessibility to all basic needs such as public transportation, shops etc. Being prepared beforehand can make your search easy!
Know the amenities included
Most of the vacation rental homes are loaded with amenities such as swimming pools, patio balcony, elevator, deck etc. They can be well equipped with washers, dryers, TV etc. You should make a list of amenities you require and choose a vacation rental home accordingly.
You should talk to the real estate agents regarding the availability of vacation rental homes. Make sure they are vacant when you need them. For this, you can book the desired vacation rental home ahead of time to avoid any inconvenience.
Check out for special deals and offers
Do not forget to check out special deals and offers provided by various real estate companies. This can help you to get additional perks within your budget. You can check particularly in the off-season for various discounts and offers.
Ask about maintenance and housekeeping services
Before moving in, ask about the services provided by the company. This may include maintenance, housekeeping etc. Make sure all the rooms, windows, doors etc. are clean to provide a hygienic environment. Daily used items such as paper towels, soaps etc. should be provided in the vacation rental home.
The Rental Management Company provides a wide range of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi, TX. The agents can help you choose a suitable home based on your requirements and budget. For more information, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Vacation homes have become highly popular in the recent years. The idea of a relaxing vacation has grown from booking hotels to finding the perfect vacation home in the preferred location. These homes provide the guests with an exotic and intimate experience of the local life. As a vacation rental owner, you can follow a number of tactics to make your property more inviting to the travelers:
List Your Property On A Number Of Sites
- Upload Good Quality Photos: You may hire a professional real estate photographer to click photos of your property. The photos should highlight the features of the house. Good quality pictures will help to attract maximum prospective tenants.
- Create A Detailed And Engaging Description: Make sure you add a detailed description of your property in the online listings. It should highlight all the important aspects of your property such as the price, location, number of rooms in the house, occupancy and local attractions in the neighborhood.
- Create Social Media Accounts: This is the modern way of reaching out to prospective renters. Create accounts on websites like Facebook and Instagram to widen your reach. The profile page should contain all necessary details about your vacation home such as the address, photos of your property, contact number and email. Post daily updates regarding seasonal offers, availability and discounts. Make it a point to reply all messages and comments. If your guests permit, you can upload their photos on your social media accounts and share their experience of staying at your vacation home. Make sure you answer every email and attend all calls from interested renters.
Focus On Landscaping
A well maintained home is easier to rent and is more likely to catch the attention of the potential tenants. Thus, investing in the landscaping can help to make your property more inviting and beautiful. A professional landscaping service may be hired.
- Mow the lawn and trim the trees regularly.
- Repaint the fence and front door.
- Level the driveway and walkway.
- Replace mail box and add new lawn furniture to enhance the curb appeal
Choose The Right Furniture
To make your vacation home more inviting and comfortable, choose bold but useful furniture.
- Place big sofas and use throw blankets as well as pillows to add a cozy touch.
- Provide extra chairs in the dining as well as living room to provide sufficient seating options for the guests.
- Hang artwork on the walls, place elegant vases and plants in the living room.
- Place good quality rugs and carpets
- To keep the house organized, provide servers and cabinets.
- Place an antique coat hanger, shoe rack and a key bowl in the hallway.
Prepare The House Well
There are a number of things that need to be checked before putting your vacation home up for rent:
- Keep the house neat and tidy
- Check the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Schedule seasonal tune-ups for the fireplace, HVAC system and the kitchen hood
- Vacuum the carpets, rugs and blinds, replace if worn out or old
- Clean the fridge and get rid of leftover food as well as cans
- Leave some board games and playing cards in the living room
Stock The House With Basic Supplies
- Kitchen: Most guests renting a vacation home prefer to cook their own food. You can consider including the kitchen essentials like pans, coffee mugs, pots, spoons, dishes, knives etc. Additional utilities like bottle openers, oven and dishwasher may also be provided.
- Bathroom And Toilet: Keep a fresh Stock of toilet rolls, soaps, shampoos and clean towels. Make sure the taps and shower work properly.
- Closet: You can store extra linens and sheets, first-aid kit, torch, extra batteries as well as other useful items.
Implementing the above mentioned tips can help your guests feel at home, enjoy better privacy, more space and a memorable vacation.
If you want to rent out your vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX, contact The Rental Management Company. We can help you to find quality tenants for your property. For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050.
The city of Corpus Christi draws many tourists throughout the year. No matter if the weather is cold or hot, people always find a reason to enjoy a getaway at this place. However, as a vacation home owner, you need to prepare your property well for the potential tenants. You can install heaters, insulate the home and add some essential amenities to keep the house warm and cozy.
While marketing your rental home during winters, these add-on features can be highlighted in order to attract potential tenants.
Listed below are a few tips which can help to keep your rental home warm this winter:
Install Baseboard Heaters:
Installing baseboard heaters in your vacation rental will help to maintain its temperature. To save on electricity bills, you can use energy-efficient models. Plug-in heaters are a better option as they can be easily carried from one room to another.
Insulate The Attic:
It is important to insulate the attic in winters. For this, you can use non-fiberglass insulation batts. It is the most cost-effective method to keep your attic warm during this season. It can also help to enhance the curb appeal of the property.
Change Your Bedding:
To increase the comfort level in winters, you should replace the regular airy linens with wool mattress. It will provide insulation and increase the warmth in the rooms. You can even purchase microfiber sheets or comforters for your rooms. Don’t forget to provide extra blankets to your guests.
Swap Some Summer Shades:
You can add a cozy touch to your home by replacing the summer shades with Bamboo shades. You can also use honey comb or cellular shades. If you use curtains, make sure they are thick enough to provide insulation to the room.
Get Your Fireplace Going:
A fireplace is definitely an icing on the cake. Almost every tenant would expect to have it during their stay at the vacation home. If you don’t have a built-in fireplace, you can install a gas or electric fireplace to increase the warmth. Electric fireplace requires less maintenance and is a cost effective option.
Accessorize Your Home
To accentuate the look of your vacation rental home you can add accessories such as pressed foliage and pinecones. You can even replace the lighting in your home. You can add a radiant light bulb in the exterior of your home. Candle light can also help to provide relaxation to mind and enhance the visual appearance of the house.
Hot Tub Prep
Having a hot tub facility in your vacation rental home can definitely increase the chances of renting it out faster. Make sure you set the right temperature of the water. This can be a great source of relaxation for the guests.
Install Storm Windows:
You can install storm windows to protect your guests from harsh weather conditions. These windows help in reducing air gap, thus increasing insulation. They also lower energy bills and provide a comfortable stay to the guests.
Open Your Faucets And Drain All Water Lines:
Make sure you drain all the water from faucets or pipes. This can help can help to prevent the water pipes from freezing. The outer faucets should also be cleared to ensure efficient water supply even in winters.
Make The Experience Pleasant:
You can make the renting experience of your guests pleasant by providing snow shovel or ice scraper. This can help to make their stay comfortable even in snow. You can even install a gas line for the convenience of the guests. It can also help to save your energy bills.
These tips can surely help to prepare your vacation rental home for winters and reduce the number of vacancy cycles. You can even hire a property management company to help you winterize your home in a better way.
We, at The Rental Management Company, provide quality vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.