Summer vacation offers a great opportunity to go on a holiday and enjoy bonding time with family and friends. A vacation rental is the preferred choice for many families nowadays because it offers all the amenities and recreational tools under one roof. You can cook, wash, eat without any hassles and enjoy your summer vacation to the fullest.
When looking for a summer vacation rental home, you need to consider the following features:
- Air-Conditioning: One of the most important features that should be an unmistakable part of a vacation rental is a well-functioning air-conditioning unit. Summers can see high temperatures throughout the day and therefore it is essential that a vacation rental is fully air-conditioned for the comfort of its guests.
- Beach View: A rental home located by the beach side will give you the ultimate holiday experience. You can watch the coastline right across the home and enjoy the beach view. Watch the beautiful sunrise, go fishing or simply sit by the beach to enjoy some quiet family time.
- Spacious Rooms: The rooms should be spacious and airy and not get stuffy. There should be ample windows with clean draperies and curtains. The summer vacation rental should also be built such that it remains cool from inside during the day. The exterior should not be painted in dark colors and the interiors can have walls in light shades.
- Indoor & Outdoor Pool: An outdoor pool is a must-have in a summer vacation rental home. Summers are the time to enjoy water and what better way than spending some time in the pool! Apart from private and outdoor pools, certain vacation rental homes also offer the facility of hot tub, poolside gazebo.
- Viewing Decks, Balconies Or Patio: When you rent a vacation rental, it should feature various outdoor viewing decks or patio space. Additional facilities can include an outdoor shower arrangement to make the stay even more comfortable.
- Open Lawns Or Gardens: A summer vacation rental with open lawns and plenty of outdoor seating options is a good choice. You can sit outside after sunset and enjoy barbecue sessions while watching the beach and waves.
- Other Amenities: Some other important amenities in a vacation rental meant for summers include a refrigerator, laundry room, mini bar etc.
We, at The Rental Management Company provide vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi, TX. Our extensive online listing will help you to choose from a wide range of homes. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
A vacation home must exude an inviting vibe for your guests so that they come back again the next time. You should be able to offer a comfortable and relaxing space to your guests where they can enjoy their vacation. You can follow the below mentioned tips to make your vacation home more welcoming:
- Cleanliness: It is important to offer a clean environment to your guests. Pay special attention towards the hard-to-reach corners and make additional efforts to clean the kitchen and bathrooms. If you are providing a refrigerator to your guests, make sure it is clean as well. Organize everything properly in your fridge and kitchen cabinets for a neat look.
- Have comfortable furniture: The furniture in your vacation home must be comfortable and your guests should be able to use them indoors as well as outdoors. Opt for dining chairs or stacking chairs as they work well around a dining table and on the deck too. The material of your chairs should be damp-proof so that it does not get spoiled.
- Make space for guests’ things: The vacation home must look clean and tidy, free from any kind of clutter. Apart from cleaning your space meticulously, you also need to make sure there are not too many items on display. Offer some space for your guests where they can easily keep their small personal items. You can have a small shelf, cabinet or even a sofa wall bed that can be folded during the day.
- Pay attention to minute details: Checking small details can go a long way in making your guests feel at ease in the vacation home. For instance, you can clean all the major and minor appliances along with light fixtures. Clean dust from all the doors and windows and do not forget to wipe off dust from the shelves. Also, vacuum the couch and clean the debris that has settled under the appliances and furniture items.
- Have beautiful bedding: A bedroom is one of the first things that your guests will notice because they want to relax after a long day of traveling. You can buy hi-end designer bed sheets, pillow covers and comforters at discounted rates. Spending a little bit extra money on the bedroom can go a long way in impressing your guests.
- Keep kitchen furniture comfy: It is best to have comfortable bar stools and high seating options in and around the kitchen. If you have a small kitchen, unstack and spread out the chairs around the kitchen so that your guests can sit together and chat before dinner. Once dinner is ready, they can stack the bar stools back again and place them in a corner.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help you rent out your vacation home in Corpus Christi. We have extensive experience in advertizing rental properties across the city. For more information, feel free to call us at (361) 949 – 9050.
If you want your vacations to be stress free and fun filled, you must consider several factors that may influence the stay. You may start by booking an accommodation that fulfills your needs and meets your budget. In order to do so, you’ll require some prior planning and a thorough research.
Mentioned below are some tips that will help you in booking a right vacation rental home –
- Know your needs – Before finalizing a vacation rental home, it is important to figure out your budget, number of people who will be traveling, preferred location or the type of home that you want to rent. For instance, you may decide to live by a beach side or few blocks away, you may want a large house or a condo etc.
- Verify the vacation rental services – In order to ensure that your vacation is perfect and there are no unpleasant surprises, you must ensure that the rental service chosen by you is authentic and reliable. For this, you must visit their website or social media sites to read the customer reviews and experience.
- Check the rental agreement thoroughly – Though for a smaller time period, you’ll still be renting a property and signing a lease agreement. Before the final booking, carefully read the contract and understand all the responsibilities and liabilities handed over to you. In case you feel doubtful, make sure to do a prior inquiry about it.
- Pay securely – To make a payment for your reservations you may use an online gateway or a phone system. In both the cases ensure that medium is trustworthy and secured. In addition to this you must also see that all types of debit and credit card are also accepted by them.
- Check if an emergency contact number is provided – Be sure that your vacation rental home provides you with an emergency contact number that can be called at any time. For instance, during a medical urgency or to handle maintenance issues.
Choose a home maintained by a professional management firm – You must book the homes that are maintained by the professionals. They offer a myriad of services and ensure your safety.
If you are looking for a vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, get in touch with The Rental Management Company. You can choose from our wide range of vacation condos, townhomes and apartments that offer high quality and outstanding services. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Finding the perfect vacation rental home with all the desired facilities can be a bit challenging task. A thorough research about the rental homes available in your preferred location and advanced planning can help you have a vacation that you always wanted.
The factors that you can keep in mind while comparing vacation rental homes are –
- Easy on the pocket – This is one of the most significant factors to be considered before renting a vacation home. You must be assured that the rental home is within your budget and there are no additional charges. Also inquire if there are any refunds on cancellation of booking.
- Rooms available – Depending upon the number of members that will be going on a vacation, shortlist homes that provide ample number of rooms to accommodate each of them. Make sure that there are different rooms available for the kids and an attic or a place to keep your luggage. You may also look for homes that offer a hall, deck or extra space to conduct parties and gatherings.
- Facilities offered – The rental home must offer basic amenities like furniture, washers, dryers etc. You may also look for additional facilities such as DVD player, internet connection, boat lift, swimming pool etc. The kitchen should be equipped with basic appliances and equipment like kettle, blender, knives, can opener and microwave. It would be an added benefit if housekeeping services are offered.
- Proximity to places of attraction – When choosing a rental home, note that it is situated close to local attractions, transport services, market, beaches, restaurants, health centers etc. This will ensure that you have a comfortable experience staying at the house. For this, you may take help of Google earth to search for the whereabouts of a particular property.
- View from the property –Look for a home that offers a beautiful view outside its window, like a beautiful sunrise, sunset or a beach. This will help you feel calm and close to nature. A home located on a busy street may spoil your plan of relaxing and a quiet getaway.
- Condition of the property – Be sure that the property is well maintained and the pictures provided on online listing websites are of high quality. The advertizement must contain images of all rooms including the bathrooms as well as patio, if any. The rooms must look clean, well-lit and spacious. This will allow you to have an idea about the available space.
- Pet Friendly – If you plan to take your pet on the trip, make sure that the vacation home is pet friendly. You may look up for the features such as dog doors, ceramic tiles or laminated flooring, slip proof area rugs etc. that will make the home comfortable for your pet too.
- Safety – Be assured that the home you choose to rent is well secured. If possible, you must gather information about the security features installed such as smoke detectors, fire extinguishers etc. If you are accompanied by your kids, make sure that the locality is safe and the house is properly fenced.
- Mode of rent payment – You may opt for the rental homes that allow you to pay the rent online or through credit or debit cards, since carrying large amount of cash while traveling is not a good idea.
- Additional facilities – Having some additional benefits along with the basic facilities is always appreciated. Try to book a vacation rental home that offers local travel guides, booklets, maps and information about places to visit in the city and vicinity.
A good vacation rental home will not only enhance your travel experience but will also help you to make remarkable memories.
If you are planning a trip to Corpus Christi, get in touch with The Rental Management Company. We have an extensive listing of vacation condos, townhomes and apartments that offer magnificent facilities. You can select from an array of vacation rental homes and have a perfect vacation. For more information call our real estate agents at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
A beach vacation to Corpus Christi, TX can be the perfect idea for a family getaway. In order to make the most out of your trip, consider staying in a sea-facing vacation rental home. These homes provide all the basic amenities that are required to make your stay comfortable and memorable. However, before you decide to go for a beach vacation, it is important to keep a note of the things that you will require. Given below is a complete list of all the items that you must carry to enjoy your vacation.
It would be wise to keep all your documents arranged in a file. This would ensure that you have all of them organized together. To be on the safer side, you can keep their copies in your email. The following documents should be included –
- Travel tickets
- Passport/ Visa
- Identity proof
- Health insurance papers
- Itinerary and reservation information
- Accommodation contact details
- Emergency contact numbers
A small carry-on bag
Prepare a small bag and keep in it all the stuff that you would need repeatedly. Remember, that since you will be carrying it all the time, it would be good if you keep it light in weight. Things to be put inside the bag include –
- Mobile charger
- Travel guide or maps
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes and paper soaps
- Magazine or novel that you read
- Lip balm and sunscreen lotion
First aid kit
It is necessary that you stay prepared for any kind of major or minor discomfort that may arise during your stay at the beach house. Here are the things to take along:
- A waterproof box – If your kit somehow ends up in or near the water, your supplies do not get damaged.
- Keep all the basic things – Anti-histamines, painkillers, bandages, cotton swabs, antiseptic, thermometer, insect repellents, ointments and any specific medication that you take.
- Instant ice packs – These provide instant relief for sunburns and bruises.
The main bag
Find a luggage that is spacious, sturdy and light enough to be carried. For organizing your stuff, you can use compression sacs that can reduce the volume of your clothes by 80% or you can just keep army fold tops and t-shirts to save some space. Try to put all the things compactly in one bag to avoid carrying multiple luggage. The things that you should put inside your travel bag are –
- Clothing (tops, shirts, t-shirts etc.)
- Night clothes
- Pairs of pajamas and socks
- Shoes and slippers
- Two or more swimsuits or swim trunks
Make up or shaving kit
Transportation security rules allow a person to carry creams or pastes up to 100 milliliters only. Therefore, make sure that you do not have anything that exceeds this limit. The toiletries that you should carry include toothbrush, toothpaste, combs, moisturizer, creams, shaving gel and shampoo.
Apart from the above mentioned things, there are some more items that you can carry depending upon your need and choice.
- In case you are going to the beach side with a toddler, do not forget to pack extra pair of clothes and amenities like milk bottles, baby soap, cereals, sippy cups, toys etc.
- Electronic gadgets like laptops, iPad, kindles etc.
- Brimmed hat
- Reusable water bottles
- Sewing kit
- Laundry bag
Amenities offered at vacation rental homes
The vacation rental homes are well equipped with basic amenities to make your stay comfortable. Most of them include DVD player, TV, fenced yard, barbecue, boat slip etc. These homes are affordable, have beautiful locations and can accommodate an entire family or a group at one place. With the facilities offered by vacation rental homes, you can enjoy your trip and spend some quality time with the ones you love.
Pack your bags according to this checklist and get ready for an enjoyable vacation.
If you are looking for a vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX, contact The Rental Management Company. For more details about bookings, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.