Summer season is the time when most people plan family vacations and fun outdoor activities. Vacation rental offers a home away from home holiday experience and is sought by many people. However as the owner of a vacation rental it is essential that you provide all amenities to the tenants along with facilities to deal with the summer heat.
In order to maintain a cost effective cool environment in the vacation rental you as the landlord can consider these tips:
- Unplug Electronics: There are a number of electronic items in a household that consume electricity and produce heat when plugged in. If you are renting a furnished apartment, make sure you unplug them, when not in use. This can help you cool down your vacation rental and make it cooler for the tenants to live in.
- Look For Gaps: In order to prevent the cool air from escaping the property, make sure you do not have any open spaces between the doors and windows. Closing these gaps using a draft stopper can be an effective way to keep your rental home cool. It will also reduce the burden on your air conditioner, thus, lowering the utility bills.
- Install Fluorescent Lighting: Traditional incandescent light bulbs produce a lot of heat. To prevent your home from getting excessively heated in summers, try switching the lighting to compact fluorescent. Besides keeping your vacation rental home cool, it will also consume less energy and lower your electricity costs.
- Decorate With Plants: This is the most natural and cost-effective way to keep your rental home cool. Installing air conditioners in the shade of plants makes it function more efficiently and consume less energy.
- Fans And Dehumidifiers: Installing a dehumidifier in your vacation rental can help to remove the excess moisture from a room. You can also install fans and air conditioners to aid in dealing with summer heat.
- Insulated Curtains: These can help to maintain a constant temperature by preventing hot rays from entering your home. If you have installed window blinds, make sure you keep them closed when you are not at home. Direct sunrays entering a room increases the temperature and cause the property to warm up.
To book a vacation rental home this summer, contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.
Everyone loves a good relaxing holiday, but finding a perfect place to stay is a tedious job. A vacation rental is a better alternative to a hotel room as it adds a homely touch to the entire experience. However, timely efforts should be put in to find a perfect rental home for one’s vacation.
Things to keep in mind when looking for a rental home:
- Booking in advance: First and foremost, it is important to start the search for a rental home early. During a busy season, it can become difficult to book an ideal home because of its soaring demand. So the home should be booked well before vacation time to grab a good deal.
- Exploring best deals: A thorough search should be done to find the cheapest deal available in the market. You can contact landlords to discuss details about the price and amenities offered at the vacation rental.
- Location of the rental home: One should be clear about what he wants before booking a rental home. The location of the vacation rental should be finalized after considering its proximity to tourist spots or a secluded area, depending on your preference.
- Finding out all about the place and its owner: It is advisable to know everything about the rental home and its surroundings. You should try and be fully informed about the owner of the premises, like his previous dealings and reputation in the market. You can consider contacting the owner and inquiring about the place before signing the deal.
- Check for the amenities provided: The vacation rental home should be able to fulfill the specific needs of the tenant. It may be the provision of a kitchen, a swimming pool or a terrace with outdoor sitting. These things should be kept in mind while looking for a rental home.
- Policies of the vacation home: You should diligently read all the terms of the contract including pet policy, duration of the stay, property maintenance, any additional prices for some services provided etc. You must communicate and discuss all queries with the landlord prior to signing the contract to avoid hassles during the stay.
Keeping these things in mind you can enjoy a stress free vacation while having comfort and security similar to your own home.
We, at The Rental Management Company provide a wide range of vacation rental properties in Corpus Christi, TX. For more details, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050.