A vacation rental offers a home away from home experience, comfortable living, independence and affordable rates. Thus, many vacationers prefer staying in a vacation rental home than a hotel. However, if you own a rental property and would like full occupancy, it is important that you furnish the vacation home, offer essential amenities and provide professional management.
Here are some tips to help you make your property more rentable:
- Have a well-stocked kitchen: The biggest asset of staying in a vacation rental is that it offers a fully equipped kitchen. This eliminates the need to visit a restaurant or hotel everyday and, thus, helps save money. The kitchen should also offer sufficient cookware, serving utensils and other necessary items. You can offer a better experience to the guests by offering extra amenities such as seasonings, spices and sauces.
- Games for kids: The rental home should cater to children and younger guests by providing games, activities or a play area. This will ensure that families also feel welcome and comfortable in your vacation rental.
- Extra bedding: By offering extra bedding, blankets, pillows and duvets the vacation rentals can add to the comfort of the users. If the property is near the beach area you can provide extra towels, towel racks, beach slippers etc.
- More Entertainment: To make the stay entertaining for the residents, you can provide some interesting DVDs. You can also keep some music CDs, magazines and books in the rental that may interest the tourists. You can organize certain board games or sport equipment for the tenants so they feel taken care off.
- Serve something to eat: Although the vacationers can cook on their own you can provide them with inexpensive snacks such as ready to eat food that can be heated in the microwave. By offering bottled water, instant oatmeal packets, granola bar or hot cocoa, you can surely have an edge over other vacation rentals.
- Be approachable: Leave your contact number at the property so that you are contactable if the tenants need some assistance. You can also offer them local information, which will assist in their holiday.
You should make sure that you highlight the extra amenities and facilities that you offer in your brochures or Internet advertizement that you post. You can also consider hiring a professional rental management company to manage the rental property for you.