Renting your vacation home during the winter months can be a difficult task. However, with prior preparation you can attract potential tenants to your home. There are a number of families who love to travel even during the winter season in order to take a short break from the routine life. So, you need to make your vacation home exemplary for them.
Here are some tips that can make your vacation rental appealing to the tenants.
- Effective marketing is a must: When advertizing your rental home, make sure you include high quality pictures and catchy descriptions in order to attract the attention of people. Apart from this, add some photos of your property clicked during the summer and winter season.
- Give off-season discounts: People expect attractive discounts on rental home stays during the winter season. You can present special packages for large traveler groups or long-term tenants. For instance you can offer a ‘Get one night free on three nights’ deal. Also, you have the option to cut down on the rent significantly to make you home appealing to the potential tenants.
- Reduce the minimum stay time: You must not limit your minimum stay to one week. This will keep the potential renters away from your home. Let them decide the amount of time they want to stay.
- Add winter features to your home: You need to spend some amount of money to upgrade your vacation rental for the winter season. You can add features such as a hot tub, sauna or a fireplace. Adding these facilities will significantly increase your bookings in the winter months. Add elements to your rental home that complement the winter season. For instance, you can put up a Christmas tree and lay out a selection of seasonal DVDs.
- Make arrangement in case of snow: Your vacation property should be equipped with a snow shovel, ice melt and a windshield ice scraper. Your tenants should have a pleasant stay in case it snows in your area. Also, you should stack up food items in your home because bad weather can compel renters to stay inside. Have an extra set of movie DVDs and books to keep the tenants engaged.
For more tips on renting your vacation rental home for winters, contact The Rental Management Company. For details, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.
Lack of space is one of the major concerns faced by most vacation rental owners. Travelers often look for spacious homes where they can stay comfortably during their vacation. However, you need not invest in costly and time consuming renovations to create space in your vacation home. Following some ingenious tricks to furnish the space can also help to catch the attention of potential tenants.
Here are some tips that can help to make your vacation home look bigger:
- Get Rid Of Clutter: You can efficiently give an airy feel to your home by opting for minimalist décor. Remove bulky furniture items or those that you use barely. Large decorative items can also render a cramped look to a room. Therefore, you should include only those items that are absolutely necessary to decorate your vacation home.
- Paint With Light Colors: While painting your vacation home, you should go for lighter and neutral shades, such as white, beige, cream etc. These colors reflect light and create an illusion of more space. Bright colored walls will not only make the room look smaller, but may also drive off many potential tenants.
- Utilize Vertical Space: Floor to ceiling shelves allow you to clear floor clutter and make the most out of the unused vertical space in your vacation home. Wall mounted shelves can work best in kitchens, living rooms as well as bedrooms and make the ceilings appear higher.
- Use Mirrors: As mirrors reflect light, they can surely make a small room look larger. Placing a large sized vertical mirror opposite a window or against the wall can make the room look to be doubled in size. Make sure you choose full length mirror with thin or no frame at all.
- Choose Furniture Wisely: While choosing furniture for your vacation rental home, you should go for the ones that maximize space while providing sufficient seating area. You can also buy multi-functional furniture that serves more than one purpose, such as a sofa bed. Furniture with minimal detailing and light colored finish are a good option for a small home.
- Allow Sufficient Lighting: Make sure your vacation rental home is adequately lit. Having a large window or bay area will brighten the room and draw the eye out to the landscape. Dim lighting will give a dull look and make your home appear even smaller.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help to stage your vacation home in order to increase bookings. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.