When a guest arrives at your vacation rental home, his first impression truly sets the tone of his entire holiday. As a host, it is important that you make his arrival a pleasant experience. You should take care of all the minute details to ensure your guest’s safety and a hassle free renting experience.
Following are the tips to make the check-in process seamless for the tenants:
- Communicate the check-in timings: Always let your guests know the expected check-in timings. This will help your cleaning staff keep the place ready before their arrival. You can also request the tenants to stick to the said timings to ensure that they can check-in without any delay.
- Keep all details ready: Check with your guests about when they are arriving and make sure that you or your representative is ready with all the required documents. Searching around in drawers or looking hassled when they are standing at the door, may not leave a good impression on the tenants.
- Take care of the keys: Be it physical or electronic keys, ensure that the tenants are aware of the entire process of gaining entry into the home. If the home has a keyless entry system, email or text the code to the tenants well ahead of their arrival. Try to set the code that they can remember easily, such as the last four digits of their phone number.
- Meet in person: Being personally available to meet the tenants may make them feel comfortable and confident that they have made a wise decision. Explain them all the unique features of your home and if there is any specific way to access them. You can also guide them on local sightseeing and traveling tips at the onset so they feel at home from the very start.
- Assign a person to look after: If you do not stay in the same city as your rental home, do leave a property manager’s number with the guests so they can contact someone in case of emergency. They should not feel hassled or unaided if any repair or maintenance issue comes up.
- Dos and Don’ts: If the guests have requested for some special amenities, make sure you inform them about the situation. You could also recommend alternatives in case you could not arrange what they had asked for. This will help them prepare in advance and pack things accordingly
- Provide check-out details: It is best to inform the guests about the departure formalities just as they arrive. Check out timings, property inspections as well as other formalities should be communicated to them so that they can be mentally prepared and plan their departure time accordingly.
A smooth and relaxed stay will make your guests recommend your vacation home to others and will also increase the likelihood of repeat bookings.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help to rent your vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050.