Marketing your vacation rental is a crucial step to get it noticed by the potential renters. You need to provide an online listing equipped with relevant information regarding your property along with eye-catching pictures. However, apart from effectively marketing and maintaining your property, you need to stage it efficiently for the potential renters.
In order to leave a fantastic impression, follow the below given checklist to ensure your vacation rental is staged perfectly:
- Invest wisely: Set the right theme while putting the photographs of your property in online listings. You need to invest in quality materials and use them in your vacation rental. For instance, buy high quality fabrics, furniture and other supplies before clicking the pictures. You can keep certain artifacts and other accessories to make the rental home look even more attractive.
- Meet expectations shown online: Your vacation rental home must look exactly the same as it looks online. It is important to meet the expectations of your potential renters in terms of the complete look of the home, cleanliness levels, services as well as other accessories. Everything must be in place before your guests arrive.
- Take care of small details: Minute but important items such as liquid soaps, shampoos, soaps or dish detergents must be bought in bulk beforehand. Refill all the half-used bottles before your guests arrive. Any perishable food items must be discarded and everything should seem to be absolutely new.
- Make the home clutter-free: It is better to regularly clean and maintain your vacation rental so that any sort of clutter does not pile up during vacancies. Also, stack the books as well as DVDs in an organized manner and throw away items that are useless or have been left back by the previous guests.
- Opt for neutral colors: Always opt for neutral shades when deciding to paint the walls or add accessories such as carpets, cushions or drapes. A neutral palette works best instead of choosing bright colors that may not be pleasing to everyone’s eyes.
- Group the furniture effectively: Instead of just pushing all the furniture items against the walls, you can get creative while arranging it in your vacation rental home. Group the furniture effectively making sure it does not get in the way of walking.
- Add-ons: You should make an extra effort for the day your guests are going to arrive. The add-ons can really make the guests feel at home instantly. For example, you can set fresh flowers or place a welcome letter for the guests to make them feel special.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help you stage your vacation rental home effectively. For more information, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050.
A lot of vacationers are looking for homes to rent out when they are on a holiday. Hence, many homeowners in Corpus Christi, Texas have started to turn their properties into vacation homes where tourists can stay comfortably, experience the local culture and get at-home feel. If you have decided to rent your home to the vacationers, it is necessary that you be prepared well before you start inviting guests.
Following are some tips to bear in mind:
- Click good pictures: Get professional pictures clicked before you start marketing your vacation rental property. This helps in attracting good renters and increasing the demand of your property in the rental market.
- Invest in marketing: Advertize your property well. There are many online and offline options to do so and one must explore all possibilities. Provide a detailed description about the type, size and location of your property. Also mention any specific terms and conditions that you may have.
- List down the amenities you will provide: Be upfront on all the amenities that you will provide in your home. These may include number of bedrooms, bathrooms, seating options, laundry etc.
- Highlight local attractions: Mention the major tourist spots in the city and their approximate distance as well as travel time from your home. Also, provide a fair idea about the location of the house and the basic amenities nearby, such as a shopping mall, park, grocery store, pharmacy etc.
- Ask for special needs: At the time of completing their bookings, ask your guests if they have any special needs. You should know if they are traveling with old people, children or pets so that you can make the required arrangements. If there is some requests that you cannot fulfill, mention them beforehand.
- Keep valuables away: It is advised that you stow away all valuables or breakable items. This is important if you have rented the property to tenants with kids. You may also make note of any such items so your guests take care during their stay.
- Check all appliances: When the guests are due to arrive, check the condition of all electronic appliances that you have provided in the house. Get all the necessary repairs and upkeep done so that the tenants do not face any trouble.
- Insist on cleanliness: Hire professionals to periodically keep the home clean. The toilets, garden, porch area, kitchen should all be clean so your guests can have a good time.
People who will be staying in your property will be in a holiday mood and thus it is the homeowners’ responsibility to make their experiences worthwhile. You can consult a real estate agent in the Corpus Christi region who can help you prepare your home and also list it for marketing on your behalf.
For more information, contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.