A beach vacation to Corpus Christi, TX can be the perfect idea for a family getaway. In order to make the most out of your trip, consider staying in a sea-facing vacation rental home. These homes provide all the basic amenities that are required to make your stay comfortable and memorable. However, before you decide to go for a beach vacation, it is important to keep a note of the things that you will require. Given below is a complete list of all the items that you must carry to enjoy your vacation.
It would be wise to keep all your documents arranged in a file. This would ensure that you have all of them organized together. To be on the safer side, you can keep their copies in your email. The following documents should be included –
- Travel tickets
- Passport/ Visa
- Identity proof
- Health insurance papers
- Itinerary and reservation information
- Accommodation contact details
- Emergency contact numbers
A small carry-on bag
Prepare a small bag and keep in it all the stuff that you would need repeatedly. Remember, that since you will be carrying it all the time, it would be good if you keep it light in weight. Things to be put inside the bag include –
- Mobile charger
- Travel guide or maps
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes and paper soaps
- Magazine or novel that you read
- Lip balm and sunscreen lotion
First aid kit
It is necessary that you stay prepared for any kind of major or minor discomfort that may arise during your stay at the beach house. Here are the things to take along:
- A waterproof box – If your kit somehow ends up in or near the water, your supplies do not get damaged.
- Keep all the basic things – Anti-histamines, painkillers, bandages, cotton swabs, antiseptic, thermometer, insect repellents, ointments and any specific medication that you take.
- Instant ice packs – These provide instant relief for sunburns and bruises.
The main bag
Find a luggage that is spacious, sturdy and light enough to be carried. For organizing your stuff, you can use compression sacs that can reduce the volume of your clothes by 80% or you can just keep army fold tops and t-shirts to save some space. Try to put all the things compactly in one bag to avoid carrying multiple luggage. The things that you should put inside your travel bag are –
- Clothing (tops, shirts, t-shirts etc.)
- Night clothes
- Pairs of pajamas and socks
- Shoes and slippers
- Two or more swimsuits or swim trunks
Make up or shaving kit
Transportation security rules allow a person to carry creams or pastes up to 100 milliliters only. Therefore, make sure that you do not have anything that exceeds this limit. The toiletries that you should carry include toothbrush, toothpaste, combs, moisturizer, creams, shaving gel and shampoo.
Apart from the above mentioned things, there are some more items that you can carry depending upon your need and choice.
- In case you are going to the beach side with a toddler, do not forget to pack extra pair of clothes and amenities like milk bottles, baby soap, cereals, sippy cups, toys etc.
- Electronic gadgets like laptops, iPad, kindles etc.
- Brimmed hat
- Reusable water bottles
- Sewing kit
- Laundry bag
Amenities offered at vacation rental homes
The vacation rental homes are well equipped with basic amenities to make your stay comfortable. Most of them include DVD player, TV, fenced yard, barbecue, boat slip etc. These homes are affordable, have beautiful locations and can accommodate an entire family or a group at one place. With the facilities offered by vacation rental homes, you can enjoy your trip and spend some quality time with the ones you love.
Pack your bags according to this checklist and get ready for an enjoyable vacation.
If you are looking for a vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX, contact The Rental Management Company. For more details about bookings, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.