Vacation rentals refer to accommodations such as guest houses, cottages, apartments, condos etc., which are meant for temporary occupancy. They are great for people travelling in large groups and families who need extra space. To understand how they work, let’s take a look at some frequently asked questions about vacation rentals:
- What’s The Point Of A Vacation Rental? A vacation rental is the best option for travelers who want to get a feeling of a home away from home. In vacation rentals, there’s minimal botheration by housekeepers, room service and other guests. It has all the amenities and privacy that one would have at his/her own house.
Can I Inspect The Rental? Yes. You can always do so by contacting the owner of the rental or the management company in charge. An inspection before committing is a smart step so that you can assess whether it will be apt in terms of size and facilities for you and people along you.
- What Is The Difference Between Professionally Managed And Owner Managed Vacation Rentals? In professionally managed rentals, a management company offers its clients a variety of payment options, a 24-hour customer care service, concierge service, restaurant reservations, event reservations and more depending on the contract. There is a standard level of services that customers are provided within professionally managed rentals. Owner managed rentals on the other hand follow a more casual and flexible approach. The owner is responsible for the upkeep of the rental, customer service, provision of amenities etc.
- Should I Take Anything Along To The Vacation Rental? When planning a stay at a vacation rental it is advisable to take some items along. You can ask the property management owner about the amenities available at the vacation rental home. Ask them about all the items that are included in the package.
- What Should I Ask Before Signing A Contract? You should ask questions regarding a deposit for the rental, damage waivers, cleaning fee, transportation options, nearby shopping areas, lodging taxes, pool heating, whether the property is a non-smoking one, air conditioning, heating, availability of TV, internet connections, queries about pets, kitchen equipment and appliances, laundry facility, minimum length of stay etc.
- Which Other Services Are Offered Apart From Lodging? Some people prefer vacation rentals with extra services in addition to lodging so it makes sense to ask whether such services are provided in the package. Examples of such services are rental cars, welcome baskets. Special surprises for birthdays and anniversaries, holiday decorations etc.
The Rental Management Company provides a wide range of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.