Preparing a vacation rental for your guests goes a long way in ensuring that the condition of your rental is immune to accidental damages. However, a few things can be done to ensure your property is better prepared for guests and reduce the chances of things getting misplaced, broken or spilled.
Following is a list of things that can be done to guest-proof a vacation rental:
- A Welcome Book: Offer your guests a hardcopy or a digital pamphlet containing information like Wi-Fi password, house rules, emergency exits and numbers, instructions for equipment offered such as bicycles, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Protect The Floors: Increase life of the floors of your vacation rental by spreading rugs and floor mats. Floors made out of carpet, hardwood and tile benefit the most from this. It’s easier to clean a floor mat or rug on which something has been spilled upon than to rectify the damage caused to expensive flooring. You can also ask your guests to take-off their shoes while they are inside the rental. Place a shoe rack or basket at the entry to encourage this habit.
- Emergency Lighting And Night Lights: You can avoid accidents and mishaps by providing your guests with emergency lighting options such as torches, battery powered candles and touch lights for moving through hallways, or going to the washroom at night.
- Label Kitchen Cabinets: Labelling kitchen cabinets makes it convenient for guests to find things easily.
Curtains: Use curtains instead of expensive blinds and other window treatments for vacation rentals targeting families with small children and pets. Even if damaged in any way, it does not cost much to get them replaced.
- Decorations: Keep your vacation rental minimalistic and avoid expensive items of décor. Avoid glass objects and other breakable items when decorating.
- Keep Cleaning Products And Cables Away: Electronic cables on low lying cabinets should be neatly tucked away to avoid accidental entanglement and consequent falls & injuries. The same goes for cleaning products. Keeping them away in closed cabinets prevents accidental spillage or consumption by small children and pets.
- Use Minimal Wood: There is no doubt that wood looks classy and beautiful in homes but using them in vacation rentals on chairs, bedposts and other pieces of furniture makes it vulnerable to damage. Wood requires a lot of care and maintenance which your guests are not bound to do.
The Rental Management Company offers a number of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Take your vacation rental to the next level and set it apart from the rest by adding a few luxurious elements to it. Give your clients a taste of luxury with the following tips:
- Bedroom: Revamp your bedroom to start with. Invest in a good quality mattress, a down comforter, plump down pillows and cotton sheets with the highest thread count for maximum comfort. The bed should be a queen or king size bed with a beautiful headboard. Place side tables on each side of the bed and decorate them with decent looking bed-side lamps. A little desk, comfy chairs, a TV cabinet and a nice dresser can make a huge difference in the appeal and aesthetics of a bedroom.
- Bathroom: A clutter-free, clean and serene-looking bathroom is what you should strive to create in your vacation rental. Add some tasteful minimalistic decor items and amenities such as glass-enclosed walk-in-showers, a Jacuzzi tub, deep sinks, unique soaps and scents, plush towels, good-quality bathrobes, and more.
- Entry Way: Make your vacation rental’s entry-way warm and welcoming for a luxurious feel. For this, you may have to invest in some dim lights, an entryway table, a centerpiece, books, flower arrangements, statement mirrors, artwork, etc.
- Window Treatments: These make a world of a difference in the overall get-up of a space. For a luxurious look and feel, you should invest in custom draperies made from fabrics that blend with your space and match your personal tastes. Silks, linen and damasks are ideal fabric choices for a rich look. If your budget allows, use black-out curtains in the bedrooms for the ultimate hotel-like experience.
- Climate Control: To achieve the perfect indoor temperature, install a programmable thermostat in your home. They assess your temperature habits over a period of time and automatically customize the temperature for you.
- Lighting: Your vacation rental should be bright and well-lit to look luxurious. For this you can use chandeliers, art lights, wall sconces, sculptural light fixtures, lamps, mood lighting or simply floor to ceiling windows.
- Flowers And Greenery: Adding flowers and greenery instantly adds life and elegance to any space. Place aromatic flowers in your entry-way. Add some house plants to luxe-up every room.
- Layer The Look: Choose hard and resilient flooring like travertine, hardwood or marble. Layer them with plush area rugs in the entryway or seating areas. Use decorative pillows and trims to accent your sofas and chairs.
We offer luxurious vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.