The defining characteristic of a great host is the ability to provide memorable experience to their guests. Being a great host has a significant effect on how your guests feel and also impacts the reviews they provide on various online platforms.
Listed below are some factors that contribute towards making a great host:
- An Impressive Listing: The first step towards being a great host is to prepare a listing that stands out from the rest. It should be honest, comprise of beautiful pictures and detailed descriptions of the vacation rental to help your clients have required information about the property.
- Active Hosting: Active hosting refers to being available at all times for the needs and queries of your guests. A good host is responsive to the needs of his guests and ensures they are comfortable & feel at home.
- Welcoming Information: On your guests’ arrival; provide essential information about the vacation rental e.g. housekeeping services, check-in and check-out timings, availability of Wi-Fi and more. You can also provide some personalized recommendations on the basis of things they would like to do while on vacation.
- Impressive First Impression: Strengthen your first impression by providing food and a welcome drink to your guests on their arrival. Offer your guests useful information about local delicacies, attractions, shopping, bars & nightlife, tours, etc.
- Reviews And Referrals: A great host does not shy away from asking for reviews and referrals based on the services & experience provided. This is important because clients tend to trust reviews of close friends and family members.
- Cleanliness: It is important to know the value of conducting a thorough cleaning session prior to the arrival of guests. Do ensure that the vacation rental is gleaming and smells fresh.
- Emergency Handling: Create an emergency plan for your guests; just in case one arises. The plan should consist of steps to be followed in case of an emergency. Provide your guest with a list of important phone numbers for handling unforeseen events.
- Stock-Up: Stock the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms with quality essentials. Offer good quality mattresses and sheets in the bedroom. Stock the bathroom with clean towels, toothpaste, soap, provide warm water and more. The kitchen should be provided with appliances like a stove & microwave, dinnerware, glasses and a few grocery items like milk & eggs in the refrigerator.
- Online And Offline Connections: Good hosts know the value of establishing connections with other local hosts. Such interactions expose vacation rental hosts to new opportunities and also help them in learning new things for improving their services.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental property owners in managing their properties and ensuring quality services to guests for higher ROI. To know more about being a great vacation rental host in North Padre Island, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418.
Vacation rentals are gaining popularity among travelers and the only way you can make your rental can stand out from another is by furnishing it tastefully. A variety of things are involved in furnishing a vacation rental such as furniture, storage options, lighting, choice of paint, etc.
Following are some tips for beginners looking for smart ideas for furnishing their vacation rentals and attracting quality guests:
- Determine Your Budget: The first thing to do before embarking on the project of furnishing a vacation rental is to set a budget. It is a good idea to be generous with the budget so that there is a buffer for unexpected expenses along the way. Always budget as per the current retail price and then try to bargain.
- Know Your Target Guests: Knowing your target guests makes it easier to choose items for furnishing. Decide whether you would like to cater to families with children, couples, students, businessmen, etc. Research the prevailing trends among your target guests for furnishing your property accordingly.
- Look For Ideas: Now that you have budgeted and identified your target guests, get some decor ideas to keep up with the latest trends. You can research online on platforms like Pinterest and Instagram, visit your local home stores, read interior magazines and so on.
- Invest In Window Treatments: Choosing the right window treatments can instantly uplift the entire look of your vacation rental. As per your budget, you can invest in curtains, blinds, panels, valances, etc.
- Opt For Good Lighting: Choose energy efficient lighting fixtures as they are eco-friendly and last longer. Keep in mind that the choice of lighting for your vacation rental will make a huge difference in the way your guests perceive it and enjoy their stay. Lighting not only creates an illusion of space but it can also help in illuminating the best parts of your rental with fixtures such as lamps, hanging bulbs and spotlights.
- Provide Comfort: Make sure that the vacation rental is furnished to ensure the comfort of your guests during their stay. Strike the right chord with your guests by furnishing the rental in a way that promotes a feeling of calmness.
- Choose Durable Furniture: The furniture you buy for your vacation rental should be strong, practical and durable. It is advisable to invest in furniture which is difficult to stain, easy to clean, immune to scratches & breakage and more. Also provide ample storage space such as a closet, drawers, clothes rails and more.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental owners in maintaining their property in Corpus Christi, TX. To know more about furnishing your vacation rental, call at (361) 949 – 9050. You can also visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX – 78418.