The vacation rental trend is catching up with the younger generation due to the flexibility and affordability they have to offer. If you are one among those who have jumped on the vacation rental bandwagon due to their economical viability, convenience and myriad choices; there are some tactics you should know to make your experience even better.
Let us take a look at some of the best hacks for making the most out of your stay at a vacation rental
- Study The Listing Carefully: Before finalizing a vacation rental, go through the listing carefully to know about the facilities offered by the property owner. Try to look for information provided by previous guests in the form of reviews and testimonials.
- Reach Out To The Host: Try to reach out to the host or property manager before booking a vacation rental. This will offer a number of benefits i.e. you can build a personal connection, ask questions and also get his number for future communication/emergencies.
- Know What Is Provided: Before moving into the rental, ask about things that will be provided to you and those that you should bring along. Usually, items such as bath towels, sheets, beach towels, small kitchen appliances, utensils, etc. are provided. Irrespective of the things provided in the rental, there are some items that you should consider taking along with you such as knives, pillows, tongs, pans, spice kits, temporary hooks and more.
- Confirm Availability: With vacation rentals, it is difficult to assume their availability at the time of booking. In most cases, a rental may be available at the time of searching online, but stated as unavailable by the time you make your decision. So, make it a point to recheck the availability before confirming the booking.
- Explore Fun Stuff: In most cases, rentals offer a number of fun benefits at no extra cost so make it a point to ask about the same at the time of moving in. Examples of such benefits are a private pool, a trampoline, strollers, play sets, cycles and dock access.
- Pack Smart And Early: Start packing a few weeks before your trip in order to avoid last minute anxiety and forgetfulness. A good tip is to make a packing list before-hand and jot down things to pack.
- Choose A Grocery Service: As far as basic and grocery supplies are concerned, it is a good idea to arrange for them prior to moving into the rental. This works for items such as toilet paper packs, detergents, cleaning products, formula/baby food, eatables, etc.
Contact The Rental Management Company to book quality vacation rentals in Corpus Christi. The vacation rentals offered by the company offer an array of necessary and luxury facilities. For more details on vacation rental hacks, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are meant to feel like a home away from home; so, most of them are equipped with essentials and a few extras to enhance a guest’s stay. Nevertheless, it is advisable to pack strategically for a comfortable and memorable stay. When packing for a vacation rental, you should consider factors such as the demographics of your family/group, length of stay, weather conditions of the place, medical conditions and personal preferences.
Following are some things you must remember to pack when planning for a vacation rental stay:
- Essential Clothing: Pack weather appropriate clothing, bathing suits, comfortable night wear, socks, handkerchiefs, face masks, a robe, a sun hat and comfortable shoes/footwear.
- Kitchen Essentials: You can expect basic kitchen supplies in your vacation rental but it would be good to carry along items that you use frequently in your own kitchen. These include condiments, paper towels, coffee filters, coffee, sugar, favorite snacks, a corkscrew, cereal, aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, paper plates, disposable glasses, crock-pot, salt and pepper, spices, bin bags, dishwashing soap, etc.
- Bathroom Essentials: For the bathroom, pack your favorite soap for a home-like feel or if allergic to common brands, safety pins, shampoo, conditioner, hair color, toothpaste, a body wash, shower cap, your toothbrush, floss and grooming supplies (razor, deodorant, hairdryer, nail cutter, perfume, hair brush, etc.)
- Pet Supplies: If you have a pet and there are no restrictions at the vacation rental for bringing it along, there are a couple of things that you should pack for your furry friend. These include a pet first-aid kit, a fetch toy, pick-up bags, life jacket, leash/harness and a pet water bottle.
- Entertainment And Electronics: Assign a separate bag for electronics such as tablets, streaming devices, a portable mini speaker, charging cables, a selfie stick, water proof pouch, power bank, batteries, DVDs, your gaming system, cameras, etc. Also, be prepared for unpredictable situations like poor weather that may warrant you to stay indoors and entertain yourself. For such situations, pack some books, magazines, board games, card games, and any other form of entertainment supplies to keep you occupied and engaged.
- General Stuff: Some general stuff to pack includes medication, your eye glasses, umbrellas, writing material (note pads and colored pencils/pens), a night light, bed rail (for a baby), cloth hangers, stroller, beach/pool toys, sunscreen, bikes, a huge tote/ beach bag, a headlamp/flashlight, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, disposable plastic gloves, etc.
- Important Documents: Make it a point to carry a separate pouch and pack your driver’s license, health insurance cards, auto insurance cards, rental confirmation information and credit/debit cards.
The Rental Management Company offers well-furnished vacation rentals in Corpus Christi. The vacation rentals are equipped with amenities that are necessary to ensure a comfortable stay for the guests. For more details on things to pack for your stay, call at (361) 949 – 9050.