When it comes to vacation properties, first impressions make a big difference and could be a major determining factor in how often your property gets booked. Putting a small effort in the appearance of your vacation rental can go a long way in adding value to the property and generating the kind of revenue you are looking for. This is important due to the fact that most people looking for vacation rentals make their choice online. So the pictures of your property are all that the customers get to see while making this choice. Working on the interiors and exteriors of the vacation rental can ensure these pictures strike an excellent impression.
Here are some tips on simple ways to add value to your vacation rental property without breaking the bank:
- Regular Painting: When you own a vacation rental, it is important to ensure that there is a fresh coat of paint on all the walls. This is usually the first thing that gets noticed when potential tenants view a property. You could play around with colors to give the property a vibrant and luxurious look. It also shows that the property is well-maintained and taken care of, which sends out the right message to anyone looking to rent the property.
- Getting Rid Of Dated Items: It is a good idea to get rid of anything that makes your property look old-fashioned and outdated. Right from popcorn ceilings to old cabinets, replacing such features can instantly modernize your property and make it more appealing to prospective customers.
- Lighting: Even though lighting might be underrated, it is among the top factors that make or mar the ambience of a room. Take some time to analyze the light fixtures in your property, and ensure that the space is well-lit. This goes a long way in influencing the mood of anyone. Also make sure that you are utilizing natural light to the maximum, with the help of large windows and right kind of window treatments.
- Kitchen And Bathrooms: If there is one thing you must pay attention to in a vacation rental property, is it’s kitchen and bathrooms. These two areas are usually the first ones to get noticed and the ones that play the greatest role in the overall appearance of a vacation rental home. Start by performing a basic remodel to get rid of anything that is faulty or outdated. Investing in high-quality kitchen appliances is sure to pay off, as it could be what sets you apart from your competition.
- Exteriors: Once you have worked on the interiors of your rental property, also make sure that the exteriors are inviting. Hiring a professional landscaping service is a great way to score a perfect ten for your outdoor space.
The Rental Management Company offers a number of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.