COVID-19 has brought about significant changes in the way we live our lives and handle day-to-day duties. As the restrictions ease down, everyone should incorporate the required measures to ensure personal safety while resuming normal operations. The same applies to vacation rental owners who are gearing to step back into the game. A few precautions such as strict disinfecting and cleaning measures can significantly help in ensuring the well-being of guests.
Some important points to consider when hosting guests in a vacation rental post COVID-19 are:
- Prepare For An Upsurge: There are expectations on the influx of guests post COVID-19 as those who love travelling will be in search of clean vacation rentals. The most important preparation for this period is sanitization and cleanliness. Apart from this, owners should utilize this time to upgrade the vacation rentals; they can repaint, take professional quality photos, upgrade bathrooms and kitchens, and think of interesting offers for the guests.
- Cleaning: The first thing guests are likely to judge is the level of cleanliness in a vacation rental. So, it is important to ensure the finest standards of cleaning. Clean areas that are prone to contamination such as doorknobs, handles, railings, light switches, etc.
- Precautions: While preparing the vacation rental for guests, owners should exercise precautions to protect themselves and those cleaning the property. Protective gear should be used while cleaning (facial coverings, gloves, aprons, etc.), wash hands after taking off gloves, ventilate the rental before cleaning, wash hands thoroughly after each cleaning session, change cleaning cloths, do not touch the face/nose/eyes while cleaning, etc.
- Disinfect: Some items should be disinfected regularly for complete protection from the virus. For instance, vacuum cleaners, laundry baskets, hampers, trashcans, linens, etc. should be disinfected after use. Use disinfectants registered under the environmental protection agency and cleaning solutions with up to 70 percent alcohol.
- Protect The Guests: Offer self check-in and checkout facilities with instructions on using them, minimize routine maintenance during their stay, and offer amenities like hand soap, tissues, toilet paper, extra towels, clean sheets, disinfectants, and cleaning supplies. Also, make it to a point to place sanitizers at the entrance, in the kitchen and bathroom.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure to manage vacation rentals following the safety guidelines for COVID-19. For more details on things to consider when hosting guests in vacation rental post COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are a practical and economical option for large groups and families going on vacations. The process of looking for a vacation rental that meets the budget and personal requirements can be simplified by determining individual requirements before renting. Before signing a vacation rental lease, go through every term and condition thoroughly, clear any doubts, inspect the property, and assess other details that are required. Some advanced planning and research can help in ensuring that the stay is enjoyable and fulfilling.
Some important tips to keep in mind before signing a vacation rental lease are:
- Read The Terms: It helps to know what to expect from the rental and what are the responsibilities of a guest before signing a contract. Read each term and condition stated in the lease agreement carefully while noting the liability towards expenses like internet, housekeeping, cable, phone service, and other facilities.
- Consider Additional Costs: There may be a requirement to pay additional costs for water and some utilities, if mentioned in the lease term. Before signing an agreement, ask the property owner if there is any liability to pay the additional costs. Thereafter, analyze the actual amount to be paid and potential costs before finalizing the booking.
- Read Reviews: Reviews can provide an in-depth analysis of what it is like to stay in the vacation rental. Do not just skim through them but also read them thoroughly because there may be some of the most relevant points between the lines.
- Ask Questions: Asking questions can provide potentially crucial information so ask as many as possible before signing the contract. Examples of things to ask about are the mode of payments (check or cash), stay rules, maximum occupancy, emergency contact numbers, housekeeping/cleaning services, conditions for getting the security deposit back, check in/check out timings, late check out fees, safety measures, etc.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals to its clients. The agents assist the clients in understanding the vacation rental lease. To know more about quick tips about vacation rental leases, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Pre-booking a vacation rental is necessary for anyone looking for specific services and amenities. It ensures that one gets what is desired in terms of duration of stay, facilities, and pricing. Pre-booking can also help in availing great deals and protect you from last minute hassle.
Listed below are some reasons for which one should consider pre-booking a vacation rental:
- Scope For Planning: Pre-booking lets a guest know exactly where he is going to stay, the amenities that will be provided, the weather, facilities available, and other details. This makes it easier to plan for a trip accordingly in terms of clothes and essentials like medicines, cooking ingredients, etc. Such information helps guests to be more organized and prepared for a trip as compared to the situation when a last-minute booking is made.
- The Rate Advantage: Digitalization has made it easier to book vacation rentals via rental agency’s online listings. One can research a variety of factors before booking such as the peak season, rates of different vacation rentals, overall service rating, etc. Access to such information helps travelers stick to their budget for the trip without compromising on facilities they want. Most vacation rental owners offer special discounts to early bookings.
- More Options: Pre-booking provides more vacation rental options to choose from such as destinations, available dates, special features, amenities, etc. Potential guests get to choose from a large selection of vacation rentals from online listings, shortlist the ones they like and eventually book one that suits their financial and personal requirements.
- Know What To Expect: When a guest pre-books a vacation rental there is a sense of peace and predictability in knowing what to expect at the place he will be staying in. Guests are aware of the number of rooms in the rental, entertainment mediums, internet connectivity, appliances provided, etc.
- Book in Bulk: Pre-booking is a great option for anyone interested in bulk bookings. Booking in bulk is best done in advance due to the availability of more vacation rentals and there is also the advantage of discounted booking rates for a large number of rentals.
Pre-booking a vacation rental is a convenient and time-saving strategy for reducing costs, comparing options, choosing specific features, and ensuring a relaxing and memorable stay.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents assist the customers in pre-booking the vacation rental. For more details on the reasons to pre-book a vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Attracting guests to your vacation rental is the core of a vacation rental investment. Making a few efforts can help a vacation rental owner in increasing the number of guests that book the rental. It is advisable to direct these efforts at making your vacation rental property stand out from the rest of the properties in the market.
Important things that can make your vacation rental stand out and generate more profits are:
- Improve The Listing: Optimize the rental listing by describing the vacation rental in a straightforward and accurate manner. Update it regularly to reflect seasonal changes, new improvements, new amenities, etc. Pay special attention to photos of the rental property attached with the listing. Make sure that the lighting and angles of photos accentuate the best features of the property.
- Enhance Guest Experience: Do what it takes to make the vacation rental experience memorable for the guests. A good experience increases the chances of repeated bookings, positive guest reviews, and predictable income. Vacation rental owners can consider gestures such as offering a welcome gift, providing local suggestions, printing instructions, offering comfortable furnishings, and upgrading outdoor spaces.
- Setting The Right Price: An increase in the price of vacation rental should be directly proportionate to the value added to it in the form of upgrades and updates. The right price is never static but varies depending on factors such as seasonal demand, length of stay, demand trends, specific events, etc. It is advisable to compare weekly and monthly data to gauge the performance of your rental and determine the prevailing price trends for maximum profits.
- Reinvest Profits: Once the vacation rental gains a steady momentum and attains the desired profit mark, it is advisable to reinvest the profits into the rental or on marketing in order to increase rental rates and stay competitive. Reinvestment can be in the form of upgrades such as outdoor furniture, a fire table, bathroom, and kitchen upgrades, etc.
- Online Presence: Create a strong online presence for the convenience of vacation rental guests and for reaching out to a bigger number of potential guests. Vacation rental owners should increase the digital footprint by accepting online bookings, generating and responding to reviews, building a website that will effectively convert traffic into inquiries/booking and by being active on social media.
- Hire A Professional: Hire a property manager to handle jobs like upgrading the vacation rental, improving guest experience, managing advertizement, confirming reservations, researching and implementing new strategies to manage the business, etc. Delegating the above-mentioned jobs to professionals will help save time and increase revenue in the long run.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for vacation rental owners. The property managers offer services such as property marketing, maintenance, and repairs, etc. To know more about ways to increase profits on your vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
The COVID-19 pandemic that has engulfed the world, requires everyone to stay at home for the safety of one and all. This change in routine and the requirement to stay indoors albeit challenging may be necessary for a couple of months. To stay safe during this period, there are some precautions that people of every age group should adhere to.
If you are staying in a condo in North Padre Island, following are some tips to stay safe and prevent a coronavirus infection:
- Things To Do: Start with educating yourself on things you need to do in order to prevent an infection. The basics are wearing a mask before stepping out of your home, keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from those around you when outside or if within the vicinity of a COVID-19 patient, washing your hands thoroughly, disinfecting your phone, avoiding unnecessary travel and following healthcare guidelines.
- Work From Home: For your safety, consider working from your condo and make the necessary arrangements to do so seamlessly. Increase your productivity by using noise cancellation headphones, blue light filter glasses, an adjustable laptop stand, avoid working in bed and take breaks every 75 – 90 minutes. You can also set up a small office corner in your condo.
- Cook At Home: If you have to order food from outside, be very selective about food delivery services and emphasize on contactless drop-offs. However, the safest option is to make your own meals, freeze meals for later, learn new recipes online, etc.
- Keep Kids Busy: If you have kids, look for innovative and interesting ways to keep them busy indoors. Explore websites offering free online classes, indulge in interesting art and craft activities with them, read online books, watch movies, etc.
- Mental Health: Staying indoors and constantly listening to and reading about the pandemic can cause mental fatigue and anxiety in many. To avoid this, take breaks from news on social media, focus on activities you like, socialize with friends and family over the phone, take care of your indoor plants, read a book you love, sleep on time and exercise.
- Workout At Home: You need not go outside or to the gym for exercise as there are many alternatives that can give you equally good results. Working out at your condo is a safe and effective fitness option during the pandemic as it avoids contact with potential suspects of the virus in gyms, yoga studios, parks, etc. Explore online workout videos, take online yoga classes, and download workout apps to formulate a workout regimen that is suitable for you.
Contact the agents at The Rental Management Company for various safety tips to consider while staying in a rental condo in North Padre Island amid COVID-19 pandemic. The agents help the renters by providing latest updates about the situation in their area. To know more about tips on staying safe in your North Padre Island condo amid COVID-19 pandemic, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Documenting the condition of a rental property at the time of a tenant moving in or vacating the property is essential to maintain a healthy relationship between property owners and tenants. A rental unit’s condition can be documented via a rental checklist comparing the condition of each room at the time of a tenant moving in and moving out along with pictures in support of the factors. Such documentation provides standards on the basis of which a property owner can compare and assess the condition of a rental and determine whether any damage has been caused.
List of reasons for which it is important for a rental condo owner to document its condition has been mentioned below:
- Monitor Damage: Documenting the condition of a rental unit before a tenant moves in helps in identifying existing damage if any and pointing out damage caused by the tenant at the time of moving out. Damage in this context refers to the deterioration of property other than that caused by normal wear and tear. While documenting the interiors and exteriors of the property, the condition of each room and items like appliances, vanity, fixtures, etc., points of egress (front door, interior doors, back doors) and the structure (floors, walls and ceilings) should be taken into account.
- Determine The Presence Of Alterations: It is easier to identify unauthorized alterations to the property if its condition was documented before a tenant moves in. Examples of such alterations are a change in the color of paint, change of flooring, room divisions, etc.
- Proof Against Complaints: Documentation is also helpful if a tenant complains of health and safety issues. For instance, if a tenant complains of issues like mold in the rental and a property owner has pictures of the rental at the time of commencement of the lease agreement that prove the property was in immaculate condition, it will help in absolving the owner.
- Proof Of Agreement: Inspecting rental property prior to a tenant moving in and getting the checklist signed by the tenant acts as evidence in case of security deposit issues at the time of moving out. If the condition of your rental condo has been altered, you can deduct a reasonable amount from the security deposit on the basis of the proof you have documented.
Rental property inspection should be conducted and documented either by the property owner or a trusted person (property manager). The checklist should be signed and dated by the tenant as consenting to the property’s condition at the time of moving in and should also state disagreements, if any.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for rental condos. The property managers ensure that the condition of the rental condo is correctly documented before the tenant moves in and after he vacates the property. To know more about the benefits of documenting conditions of your rental condo, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rental houses are a great option for families and groups of friends looking for a place that feels just like home. To get the most out of a vacation home, there are certain things to keep in mind before renting it such as costs, payment methods, terms and conditions in the rental agreement, etc.
If you are renting a vacation rental home for the first time, following are some tips to help you make the right decision:
- Research: The first step is to conduct thorough research for finding a vacation rental that suits your liking in terms of features, amenities, budget, etc. It is recommended to do so around six months before you plan to travel as vacation rentals book up fast. You can avail the assistance of a rental agent for recommendations based on your destination and trip timing.
- Read The Contract Thoroughly: Go through the contract thoroughly before signing it so that you are clear about what to expect on moving in. Check policies regarding refunds in case of poor services, extra fees, cancellation, insurance, reservation, utility bills, phone service, pets, sub-leasing, and other features.
- Check Amenities: Usually, those looking for a vacation rental do so only for a few days due to which it is good to have amenities such as a washer, dryer, dishwasher, bedding, towels, free Wi-Fi, outdoor spaces, parking, etc. When researching vacation rentals, make it a point to ask whether the amenities you would like to have will be provided.
- Secure Payment: If you are to make payments online, ensure that the website has secure payment options that protect information about your credit card and bank details. It is advisable to read online reviews to know about the experiences of previous renters as far as modes of payment are concerned.
- Documentation: In case you spot existing damage on day one, be sure to document it in the form of a photograph and bring it to the property owner’s notice. Do the same on the last day as proof in case a misunderstanding comes up.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation houses on rent. Customers can consult the agents to find an ideal vacation rental based on the amenities offered and budget. For more details on tips for renting a vacation house, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.