Vacation rentals are gaining popularity among travelers and the only way you can make your rental can stand out from another is by furnishing it tastefully. A variety of things are involved in furnishing a vacation rental such as furniture, storage options, lighting, choice of paint, etc.
Following are some tips for beginners looking for smart ideas for furnishing their vacation rentals and attracting quality guests:
- Determine Your Budget: The first thing to do before embarking on the project of furnishing a vacation rental is to set a budget. It is a good idea to be generous with the budget so that there is a buffer for unexpected expenses along the way. Always budget as per the current retail price and then try to bargain.
- Know Your Target Guests: Knowing your target guests makes it easier to choose items for furnishing. Decide whether you would like to cater to families with children, couples, students, businessmen, etc. Research the prevailing trends among your target guests for furnishing your property accordingly.
- Look For Ideas: Now that you have budgeted and identified your target guests, get some decor ideas to keep up with the latest trends. You can research online on platforms like Pinterest and Instagram, visit your local home stores, read interior magazines and so on.
- Invest In Window Treatments: Choosing the right window treatments can instantly uplift the entire look of your vacation rental. As per your budget, you can invest in curtains, blinds, panels, valances, etc.
- Opt For Good Lighting: Choose energy efficient lighting fixtures as they are eco-friendly and last longer. Keep in mind that the choice of lighting for your vacation rental will make a huge difference in the way your guests perceive it and enjoy their stay. Lighting not only creates an illusion of space but it can also help in illuminating the best parts of your rental with fixtures such as lamps, hanging bulbs and spotlights.
- Provide Comfort: Make sure that the vacation rental is furnished to ensure the comfort of your guests during their stay. Strike the right chord with your guests by furnishing the rental in a way that promotes a feeling of calmness.
- Choose Durable Furniture: The furniture you buy for your vacation rental should be strong, practical and durable. It is advisable to invest in furniture which is difficult to stain, easy to clean, immune to scratches & breakage and more. Also provide ample storage space such as a closet, drawers, clothes rails and more.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental owners in maintaining their property in Corpus Christi, TX. To know more about furnishing your vacation rental, call at (361) 949 – 9050. You can also visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX – 78418.