Many people who own pets consider them as a part of their family and indulge in most activities with their pets, especially when taking a vacation. Leaving their pet at a pet care facility is not opted by many and they are willing to pay the extra amount to get their pet along. The trend of vacationing with pets is fast gaining popularity and poses a big business opportunity which should not be missed.
People are traveling with their pets more often than they ever did which has surged the need to make the vacation rentals pet friendly. Hotel owners and luxury vacation rentals are fast realizing this trend and are striving to deliver pet friend solutions to their patrons. If you are a vacation rental owner you should consider making your rental home pet friendly in order to increase your customer base. In an effort to keep up with the demands of the changing times and remain in business some changes in policies are required.
Pets, particularly dogs, establish a very tight and close bond with their owners. Leaving a pet alone for a long time can have adverse affect on their health as they keep anticipating their master’s return. Given that 62 % of American households have at least one pet setting up a vacation rental that allows pets may see a lot more business. Some vacation rentals also offer a place where animals have a proper place to stay without disrupting the owners sleep. In some resorts they also supply extra comforts for the pets which can include beds, bowls, toys, treats and leash. They may also provide a set of pet supplies on rent if the pet owner doesn’t want to use their own pet set. If a vacation rental is pet friendly they also offer help and care for the pet in case the owner wants to leave the pet behind when sightseeing.
With the growing trend of owning pets and vacationing with them, it is a highly lucrative business opportunity to make your vacation rental pet friendly. You will have more customers who are most likely to be more responsible. However it is advisable to have certain rules and regulations regarding the pet along with ‘payment of damages caused by pet’ clause in the agreement.
Corpus Christi is one of the most striking and popular holiday destinations in the city of Texas. Also known as ‘The Sparkling City by the Sea’, the city is perfectly situated on the ‘Gulf of Mexico’ in South Texas. Corpus Christi features an assortment of spell binding sights of gorgeous oceans and beaches which offer activities and water sports like windsurfing, sailing and many other adventure sports. Sitting on the deck with a cup of coffee, watching the sunset and sun bathing can all be enjoyed at a vacation rental in Corpus Christi, TX.
However, the question is to find the perfect place to stay during your vacation so that you are able to explore the best of the city. Vacation rental properties prove to be much more convenient and cheaper over hotels when going for a vacation. One of the biggest advantages of these rental homes is that they offer a comfortable and home-like feel while providing privacy. Most of the vacation rental properties in the city are fully furnished with hot tubs, DVD library, and fireplace and kitchen equipment. You can cook whenever you want to, without worrying about the closing time of kitchen. Moreover at a vacation rental you can stay just like local residents which will help you to know and explore more about the place. Many of the rentals are even located nearby major tourist attractions of the city which helps you save tie commuting.
Tips for Choosing Vacation Rentals in Corpus Christi, TX
To make sure that you make the most out of your vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, here are some important tips that you must keep in mind.
- The first and foremost consideration should be the location of the rental home. You should choose a place that has an easy access to town so that you can go there if needed.
- Find a property that is easy on the pocket and suits your vacation budget. While deciding, you must keep aside some amount of money for food, water as well as other essential items that you might need during the trip.
- Decide on what type of rental home do you want, whether it should be near the beach, in suburbs or in the middle of the city. Also, the size of the rental must be able to accommodate all the people going with you.
- Check with an efficient vacation rental home provider for an available property at your preferred place. You can even browse through the properties and make online bookings prior to landing on the vacation spot.
We, at The Rental Management Company, provide affordable and spacious vacation rental properties in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information about bookings, you can contact us at (361) 949-9050.
Vacation rentals are one of the most popular and hottest properties on the real estate market at present. As a property owner it is a tough decision to either rent out your property as a vacation rental or as a long term rental. A vacation rental has many rich prospects, however the choice needs to be informed and insightful. There are certain pros and cons which come with both vacation rentals and long term rentals and you need to be particularly aware about the implications of both before making a decision as to how you rent out your property. Being smart while making the choice will help you make the most of your property.
Why Choose Vacation Rentals?
- Income – Typically, vacation rentals are priced higher and work with nightly or weekly rates. This enables you to earn significantly more while renting out your property. The increase in revenue can even make up for those times of the year when rentals are slow. Alternatively, you can also use the corporate market to your advantage. Corporations are frequently on the lookout for short term rentals and your property might be an attractive option for them, bringing in more profit for you.
- Tax – Making your property available for vacation rentals also entitles you to a number of attractive tax benefits. There are a number of incurred costs that you can deduct from your taxable income. You can also make tax deductible purchases at year-end to save on taxes.
- Community –Vacation rentals are focused on the community around them and its characteristics, and attractions. This leads to community rewards and the overall enhancement of the value of local property in that community.
Why Choose Long-term Rentals?
- Costs – Long-term rentals have far less hidden costs than vacation rentals. With a long term rental you will be spending far less in terms of maintenance, upkeep of property, utilities and payment of annual fees. There will also be significant savings in terms of promotional and advertisement costs.
- Competition – The vacation rental market is hugely competitive with potential clients having a lot of options to choose from. Making an impression is, therefore, much easier in the long-term rental market.
- Restrictions – In many areas, people who let out their property for vacation rentals face certain special restrictions. There are stringent laws which are being formed about their activities and you can avoid these with long-term rentals.
If you are planning a vacation and want to experience the travel destination from a local’s point of view, then you can consider staying at a vacation rental home, which is an experience of home away from home. Many tourists prefer to book a vacation rental home rather than staying at a hotel, as vacation rentals are not only cheaper than hotel rooms, but also offer more privacy and fun. You can relax, cook your own meals and stay with your entire family or a group of friends.
Here are some tips that will help you find a vacation rental home.
- Access your requirements: Before you start looking for a vacation rental home, it is crucial that you understand your needs. Be specific, whether you want to stay near the beach or away from the waters. You must decide a budget so that you know how much you can spend on the rental. By staying at a distance from the beach, you can save some money, which you can use for buying groceries and other required items.
- Time of booking: If you are in the city for some special event, a tournament, a festival or any conference, you should book a vacation rental home in advance; as it helps you get an affordable deal as well as offers convenience.
- Check out the facilities in the vacation rental home: To make sure that your stay is comfortable, check that all the facilities that you require are available in the vacation rental home. It should have a well-equipped kitchen and bathrooms. There should be sufficient rooms and other facilities that you seek. Some vacation rental homes offer all the luxuries such as pool, patios, luxurious baths, etc. Your purpose of the visit may help you decide what you seek. If your kids are accompanying you, then the vacation rental home should offer them enough space.
- Safety: Safety of the vacation rental home is paramount. When you rent out a vacation rental, ensure that you know who owns the rental and collect all the necessary information. If required, authenticate the property by visiting the owner’s website and go through the online reviews and the social networking sites. Also, make sure that the property is in good condition and is not in foreclosure.
You should also make sure you review the contract carefully and be aware of the terms and conditions of the vacation rental company.