Vacation rentals are a profitable investment for landlords to generate an extra income. However there are a number of common mistakes that the new rental owners often commit. Whether it is about listing the property with the real estate professionals or determining the rental prices, there are many factors that go into a profitable vacation rental business. Adopting a professional approach to operate the business can lead to more returns and tenancy than any random strategy.
Given here are some of the most common mistakes that must be avoided while renting your vacation home in Corpus Christi:
- Pricing Too High Or Too Low: A high number of available vacation rentals in your area makes it tougher to rent your property. In order to stand out from your competitors, it is important that you are aware of certain aspects of the current real estate trends. You should research about the rent quoted for other vacation rentals, their average occupancy rates, what amenities they are providing etc. to know about the competition that you are facing. Setting impractical rental rates can easily get your property unheeded by the potential guests.
- Not Screening The Tenants: Renting your vacation home without properly screening the tenants can be a very big mistake. You must evaluate and analyze if the applicants will be suitable for the property. You should talk to them and try to find out their expectations from the vacation rental. If you have certain restrictions regarding pets and the number of residents you should make sure that you clarify it in the first place.
- Booking Without Proper Rental Agreement: A well-formulated rental agreement is essential for you as well as your tenants. It must clearly state the duration of the stay, pet policy, occupancy limit, amenities provided and, check-in and checkout time. You must make your potential guest sign the agreement before finalizing any booking.
- Not Taking Advance Payment: If you simply ask your potential guests to make the payment when they arrive, there are higher chances that might not turn up or cancel the booking. They may also pay you through a check that needs additional time to be cleared. Thus, you must make it a point to ask for at least 25% of rent as a deposit at the time of booking. The rest of it can be paid when they arrive.
For more tips on how to successfully rent your vacation home in Corpus Christi, contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 -9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.
One of the most cost effective accommodation options available during a long vacation is a vacation rental home. Vacation rental homes are easily available in most areas and it only takes a little effort and research to get yourself the one that is perfect for your needs. However, if you have a pet that you want to bring along there might be some difficulties as a large number of vacation rental homes do not allow renters to bring their pets. Even among those that do allow pets, there are usually a long set of rules and regulations that renters need to follow. To ensure that moving with a pet into your vacation rental home remains a smooth and easy process, the following tips can come in handy.
Finding the Right Place
You need to start off by giving yourself the time needed to find the right vacation rental home where you can move in with your pet. You should use all the resources you have at your disposal, including advertisements in local newspaper and internet resources. It is important to give the search some time and not give up before you find a place that suits all your needs.
Understanding the Situation
Understand that for landlords who do not allow pets there is sufficient reason for doing so, which might range from previous bad experiences to insurance requirements. For those who do allow pets, you should understand the rules involved and make sure that you can remain committed to them during the entire course of the rental period.
Show Off your Pet
First impressions matter, therefore you can consider taking your pet with you while you are going to view your vacation rental home for the first time. Visually assessing a friendly and well-behaved pet might go a long way to convince landlords that there would be no issues.
If you have lived with your pet in a vacation rental home before, you can obtain a letter of recommendation from your previous landlord describing the demeanor of the pet and the pleasant experience they have had renting their vacation home to you. Such references can have a big part to play when it comes to finalizing a deal.
While moving into a vacation rental home with your pet it is advisable to get renters’ insurance. Getting a renter’s policy which provides sufficient coverage for your pet will be useful. You should inform your landlord about the renter’s policy as this move appeases both sides.
Vacation rentals have gone on to become a highly popular choice among travelers and holiday goers when it comes to a place to stay in during vacations. The major benefit that vacation rentals offer is privacy and the economical rates that one has to pay for them. Here are few tips that will help you to make your North Padre Island condo stand out when it comes to vacation rentals. Read on to know more.
- One of the unique ways of enhancing a vacation rental is by being a host to the guests that would be coming over to your place rather than acting as a landlord. A few personal touches here and there like fresh flowers placed in the living area, a warm welcome smile will make the visitors love the entire experience. This way, you also ensure that your visitors come again to your rental and provide good marketing by word of mouth.
- A well-maintained and effective security system works really well for a vacation rental property. Many travelers come in with some cash on hand and travel documents and giving them a sound security system at the vacation rental will provide that much needed peace of mind. Your guests can go out easily without worrying about their stuff that is lying back at the rental home.
- Many of the holiday lovers would also like to bring their pets along but are confronted with the problem of finding adequate kennels at the rentals. If you make the provision for allowing small pets at your vacation rental, the number of guests you have is going to increase by leaps and bounds. You can clear the terms and conditions of the kind of pets you allow, charges and cleaning terms by handing out a pet policy to your prospective guests beforehand.
- Apart from this, you can work upon the online presence for your vacation rental. Try and incorporate as many testimonials, videos and pictures as possible. That will be a good way for new guests to gauge the credibility of your vacation rental before they actually come in and stay during the holiday.
At The Rental Management Company, we understand the importance of planning a perfect vacation for you. For this, we provide great vacation rentals to our clients. Get in touch with us now and we will let you know the ideal vacation rental for your holiday!
When you start thinking about renting a home in Corpus Christi, you are a few steps away from actually doing it. We, at The Rental Management Company, are here to guide you and provide you with some information that might help you go through those steps smoothly and efficiently. Read on to know the tips for renting a Corpus Christi rental home:
- Put pen to paper: You must know that you do not need to spend a fortune to find the perfect rental home in Corpus Christi. All you need is a carefully planned budget and a professional property manager with a well honed set of skills. Be sure to consider your monthly wage and monthly expenses while planning your budget. It is also important that you follow the rule of one third i.e. do not spend more than one third of your monthly income on rentals. Once you are done, our property managers can help you find the rental home that perfectly suits your budget, needs and lifestyle.
- Type of rental: Of course there’s no dearth of rental homes in Corpus Christi, but the problem may arise while choosing the appropriate type of rental. Some of the options that might interest you include condo, single family, town home and apartment. The town home and condo can be a good rental option for those with certain needs based on the size of the family; whereas for small families, apartment and single family house can be an ideal option.
- Browse your options: Next and probably one of the most daunting steps involved in renting a home is the house hunting. To make the search easier for you, we showcase the list of available house for short term as well as long term rental in Corpus Christi. We also provide you with pictures of the rentals along with the list of amenities, monthly rent detail, date of availability, area etc. to help you get the precise idea of the property.
With years of experience, the professionals at our property management company are dedicated to helping you find the suitable rental accommodation. They also provide you with other property management services including online marketing, accounting, administration, capital planning, supervisory etc. For more information, kindly visit us at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418 or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
The Rental Management Company, located on South Padre Island Drive provides comprehensive real estate services to customers in North Padre Island and the surrounding areas. Having extensive experience in the real estate market in this region, we can help you make a well-informed decision if you are looking for vacation rentals in North Padre Island. Taking professional assistance in making this critical choice can help ensure that you have a great vacation, without having to deal with the hassles of a less-than-perfect rented accommodation during your stay.
The houses for rent on offer by The Rental Management Company are among the best in North Padre Island. Each of these high-quality properties is strategically located and built with an aim of providing an ideal ambience for vacationers in the area, and is sure to make your stay a memorable one. Put this together with the superior service offered by the company, you have just what you need for the perfect vacation to North Padre Island. Once you sign up for our services, you can just sit back and relax, knowing that everything about your accommodation, down to the smallest detail, is taken care of.
Our primary focus remains to make the experience of visiting this popular vacation spot a memorable one for you and your family. This is what makes us stand out from other rental services in the area. We go that extra mile to provide personalized attention to every customer before and during their stay. By opting for our services, you spare yourself the hassle of having to spend hours online trying to book an accommodation for your vacation. Most importantly, we grant you the peace of mind of knowing that every aspect of your vacation rental has been catered to.
Whatever be the reason for your visit to North Padre Island, you can be sure that with our company at your service, your accommodation is one thing that you can safely cross off your checklist. Whether you are planning a family reunion, or are simply planning a getaway for your family, contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050 to ensure a smooth and comfortable stay during your visit. No matter what your budget and requirements, we are sure to help you find the perfect vacation rental for you.