Vacation rentals are one of the preferred choices for adventure lovers, families, baby boomers, honeymooners, weekend travelers and others as they provide more space for less cost. Also, they let you feel at home by providing convenience and privacy comparable to your own home but at your travel destination.
If you are planning a trip but cannot make up your mind as to whether a vacation rental is the right choice for you, following are some vacation rental points to consider:
- Flexibility: Most travelers prefer staying in vacation rentals because of the flexibility they offer in terms of duration. Their availability for a smaller duration like one or two nights, make them a great option for clients seeking short city breaks or weekend getaways. Additionally, they can also be rented for longer duration for temporary move to a destination.
- Practical For Large Groups: They are a practical & economic option for those travelling in large groups. Moreover, they offer a perfect blend of experiencing togetherness and privacy.
- New Experience: Staying at a vacation rental lets you enjoy the local culture of the place. You can experience what it really feels like to live at your travel destination by living among local people, eating local food, etc.
- Affordability: Guests who book vacation rentals enjoy better value in terms of facilities and space. Most rentals consist of well-equipped kitchens for guests to cook their own food. Also, they offer additional facilities such as washers, dryers, etc.
- Kid-friendly: Vacation rentals are a practical option for travelers with kids as they are spacious enough for kids to move around and play. They consist of ample living room space, extra bedrooms, back yards, etc.
- Pet-friendly: Some vacation rentals allow renters to bring their pets along in exchange for extra fee or security deposit.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals to its clients. The agents ensure that the vacation rentals are well-maintained for a comfortable stay. For more details on reasons to choose vacation rentals, visit The Rental Management Company 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at: (361) 949 – 9050.
Safety is a prime consideration for most guests; thus, a vacation rental should be carefully prepared in advance in order to be fit for visitors.
Mentioned below are some cost-efficient measures that a vacation rental owner can take to make his rental safe:
- Establish Ground Rules: Start with listing down some rules pertaining to safety in and around the vacation rental. These rules will help establish safety limits where required to prevent unwanted happenings. Examples of such rules are restrictions regarding smoking, maximum occupancy limits, air conditioner or heat temperature limits and more.
- Invest In Sturdy Furniture: Guests of all age groups will be staying at your vacation rental so opt for sturdy furniture pieces that are safe. Good quality furniture is capable of withstanding all kinds of treatments without the fear of breaking down and injuring your guests.
- Make It Child And Pet-friendly: If you are renting your vacation rental to families with kids and pets, safety becomes a prime issue. To ensure their safety within the rental premises, adopt measures such as setting limits on the number and size of pets, install railings on stairs, safeguard swimming pools if any, purchase gates for installing at the top and bottom of stairs and so on.
- Invest In Good Locks: Use smart locks or automated check-in systems to ensure that your guests get access to the vacation rental conveniently and safely. Before renting, check the locking systems of all the doors and windows to make sure they work well.
- Install An Alarm System: Investing in a reliable alarm system is required for notification of any untoward incidents.
- Provide Contact Information: Ensure each of your guests is aware of contact information in case of an emergency. A good way to do this is to paste important numbers on the fridge with a magnet.
- Provide Fire Safety: Install smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in your vacation rental. Also, make sure to have fire-extinguishers at convenient locations within the property.
- Install Security Cameras: Outdoor security cameras are a great tool for keeping an eye on the surroundings of the rental. The cameras have a deterrent effect on trespassers and also helps you to keep a tab on the well-being of your guests.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services to vacation rental owners. For more details on tips to make vacation rentals safe for guests, visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
The defining characteristic of a great host is the ability to provide memorable experience to their guests. Being a great host has a significant effect on how your guests feel and also impacts the reviews they provide on various online platforms.
Listed below are some factors that contribute towards making a great host:
- An Impressive Listing: The first step towards being a great host is to prepare a listing that stands out from the rest. It should be honest, comprise of beautiful pictures and detailed descriptions of the vacation rental to help your clients have required information about the property.
- Active Hosting: Active hosting refers to being available at all times for the needs and queries of your guests. A good host is responsive to the needs of his guests and ensures they are comfortable & feel at home.
- Welcoming Information: On your guests’ arrival; provide essential information about the vacation rental e.g. housekeeping services, check-in and check-out timings, availability of Wi-Fi and more. You can also provide some personalized recommendations on the basis of things they would like to do while on vacation.
- Impressive First Impression: Strengthen your first impression by providing food and a welcome drink to your guests on their arrival. Offer your guests useful information about local delicacies, attractions, shopping, bars & nightlife, tours, etc.
- Reviews And Referrals: A great host does not shy away from asking for reviews and referrals based on the services & experience provided. This is important because clients tend to trust reviews of close friends and family members.
- Cleanliness: It is important to know the value of conducting a thorough cleaning session prior to the arrival of guests. Do ensure that the vacation rental is gleaming and smells fresh.
- Emergency Handling: Create an emergency plan for your guests; just in case one arises. The plan should consist of steps to be followed in case of an emergency. Provide your guest with a list of important phone numbers for handling unforeseen events.
- Stock-Up: Stock the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms with quality essentials. Offer good quality mattresses and sheets in the bedroom. Stock the bathroom with clean towels, toothpaste, soap, provide warm water and more. The kitchen should be provided with appliances like a stove & microwave, dinnerware, glasses and a few grocery items like milk & eggs in the refrigerator.
- Online And Offline Connections: Good hosts know the value of establishing connections with other local hosts. Such interactions expose vacation rental hosts to new opportunities and also help them in learning new things for improving their services.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental property owners in managing their properties and ensuring quality services to guests for higher ROI. To know more about being a great vacation rental host in North Padre Island, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418.
Furnishing your vacation rental tastefully will make it stand out from its competitors and ensure a memorable experience for your guests. A well-furnished vacation rental attracts new guests as well as earn the loyalty of regular guests to reap good reviews.
Following are some tips for furnishing your vacation rental to elevate its appeal:
- Define Your Target Audience: It is easier to furnish a vacation rental when you know the audience you are targeting. The furnishing requirements vary for elderly, students, families, businessmen, etc. Once you have shortlisted your target audience, you can focus on furnishing it as per the requirements of your guests.
- Set A Budget: Before embarking on the process of furnishing your vacation rental, it is important to estimate the cost that will be spent. You should make a list of the things that are necessary to buy as this will prevent purchasing items you already have such as towels, cutlery, bedsheets, etc. Always plan your budget as per retail prices of the furniture and then look for better deals with discounted prices.
- Research On Ideas: Research interior decoration magazines and online resources for decor ideas. This may help in providing an idea of prevailing styles and further be helpful in purchasing furniture items accordingly. You can also check the furnishings of other rentals in the market before choosing a style that may set you apart.
- Invest In Quality Furniture: When furnishing a vacation rental, it is important to buy high quality furniture as there will be a constant influx of visitors. It is advisable to buy durable furniture that is preferably stain resistant and scratch proof. This will eliminate the need to buy new furniture in near future.
- Provide Ample Storage: Storage is an important consideration while furnishing a vacation rental. Guests are likely to stay for a week or more in a vacation rental; thus they will require ample storage space such as closets, drawers, garment rails and so on.
- Play With Lighting: Lighting plays a huge role in building the aura of a space. Perk up the lighting of your vacation rental, with different choices for rooms such as the kitchen, living room, stairway and bathrooms. Use energy efficient lighting options as they are eco-friendly and last longer.
- Keep It Clean, Utilitarian And Simple: Choose a neutral palette for large pieces of furniture. You can also opt for multi-utility furniture that takes less space e.g. sofa beds with storage compartments, bunk beds in kids’ rooms etc. It is advisable to invest in a kitchen island with storage that will double up as a dining table and stock the kitchen with necessary appliances and tableware instead of crowding the space.
For more information on vacation rentals, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
November is the perfect time to gear up and prepare your vacation rental for the impending winters. Preparing for the winters early ensures your property is well-protected from icy-conditions or heavy snow and your guests feel comfortable and at home during their holiday.
The following are some tips on how to effectively prepare a vacation rental for winters:
- Deep clean: This is a good time to thoroughly clean your vacation rental and get rid of dirt and grime that has accumulated during summer. Wash the blankets and comforters, clean all the nooks and corners, replace the batteries in remotes, clean up the fireplace, carpet, curtains, flip mattresses and so on. If you find this overwhelming or simply don’t have enough time at your disposal, consider hiring a professional cleaning service.
- Stock up on winter supplies: Stock up on winter essentials like blankets, common medications, shampoo and conditioner, heavy duty brooms, light bulbs, wood, batteries, duvet covers, slippers, robes, hand warmers, eatables like chocolates and so on. This will be immensely helpful for your maintenance team and save a lot of time. Choose gender neutral colors and items when buying the supplies.
- Verify important systems: Schedule a property check-up with your maintenance team and check if all the vital systems of the vacation rental are in order. These include HVAC systems, fireplaces, hot tubs, snow-melt systems, furnace filters and more.
- Invest in weather necessities: If your vacation rental is situated in an area that snows a lot, invest in equipment like a snow shovel or blower. Also buy winter necessities like extra gloves, hand warmers and hats.
- Check the heating needs: It is important for your vacation rental to be heated at an appropriate level throughout winter. For this get a thorough understanding of how your heater works and the temperature it warms up to at specific settings. This will prevent unnecessary freezing and exorbitant heating bills. Keep the number of an on-call emergency contractor if you are not sure about your heating system.
- A few upgrades: Investing in smart technology can prove to be a boon during winter months. Smart technology can help you save money and easily maintain your vacation rental throughout winter. Examples of such upgrades are smart thermostats, smart water sensors, smart locks and more. Even when you are not on your property, you can still remotely monitor it with smart devices.
- Work on the exteriors: In addition to the internal work, there are somethings to be taken care of outdoors. For example, re-caulk window sills and door frames, turn off exterior faucets, disconnect garden hoses, drain sprinkler systems, clean chimney vents, etc. Your vacation rental will instantly look fresh and new with this effort.
For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
More and more families are nowadays opting for vacation rentals to stay in while on a holiday in Corpus Christi, TX. These properties are perfect for those looking to spend time with their family and friends away from home. The best part is that you do not have to go over budget in order to book a vacation rental home. You can book it at an affordable rate and enjoy all the facilities that come with it.
Below is a list of benefits offered by vacation rentals that make them a preferred option over a hotel room:
- Get ample space: A vacation rental is a complete home away from home. You get a lot of space to relax and unwind without any constraints. If you have your kids along, they can have a separate room to enjoy their vacation. Not only this, most of the vacation rentals have separate rooms for recreation, dining and kitchen, and dressing as well. So, you have plenty of rooms where everyone can get their own privacy.
- Save money: Renting a vacation home is affordable and can easily fit into your budget. It is even better if you are going with large groups of family and friends. Having a vacation rental will be cheaper as you get a fully-equipped kitchen so you don’t have to spend much on dining out. Apart from this, is also offers washers and dryers. Thus, you save a lot of money during your holiday trip.
- Take your pet along: During the recent years, there has been an increase in the number of pet-friendly vacation rentals. You can easily find a vacation rental that can accommodate your pet and let you enjoy your holiday along with him. Your pet will get a relaxed environment inside the vacation rental home and sufficient space to move around.
- Easily available: It is very easy to find vacation rentals in Corpus Christi as they are available at most of the tourist attractions and holiday destinations. You can even locate them in remote areas where there are not many tourists. Not only this, you can book a rental home closer to the main market or beach, in consonance with your holiday plans.
- Live like locals: Since most of the vacation rentals are in the residential areas of towns, you get the opportunity to live like a local instead of a tourist. Also, you do not have to conform to a fixed schedule for meals, housekeeping or fitness facilities. You can do everything at your leisurely pace.
The Rental Management Company provides a wide range of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Finding the perfect vacation rental home with all the desired facilities can be a bit challenging task. A thorough research about the rental homes available in your preferred location and advanced planning can help you have a vacation that you always wanted.
The factors that you can keep in mind while comparing vacation rental homes are –
- Easy on the pocket – This is one of the most significant factors to be considered before renting a vacation home. You must be assured that the rental home is within your budget and there are no additional charges. Also inquire if there are any refunds on cancellation of booking.
- Rooms available – Depending upon the number of members that will be going on a vacation, shortlist homes that provide ample number of rooms to accommodate each of them. Make sure that there are different rooms available for the kids and an attic or a place to keep your luggage. You may also look for homes that offer a hall, deck or extra space to conduct parties and gatherings.
- Facilities offered – The rental home must offer basic amenities like furniture, washers, dryers etc. You may also look for additional facilities such as DVD player, internet connection, boat lift, swimming pool etc. The kitchen should be equipped with basic appliances and equipment like kettle, blender, knives, can opener and microwave. It would be an added benefit if housekeeping services are offered.
- Proximity to places of attraction – When choosing a rental home, note that it is situated close to local attractions, transport services, market, beaches, restaurants, health centers etc. This will ensure that you have a comfortable experience staying at the house. For this, you may take help of Google earth to search for the whereabouts of a particular property.
- View from the property –Look for a home that offers a beautiful view outside its window, like a beautiful sunrise, sunset or a beach. This will help you feel calm and close to nature. A home located on a busy street may spoil your plan of relaxing and a quiet getaway.
- Condition of the property – Be sure that the property is well maintained and the pictures provided on online listing websites are of high quality. The advertizement must contain images of all rooms including the bathrooms as well as patio, if any. The rooms must look clean, well-lit and spacious. This will allow you to have an idea about the available space.
- Pet Friendly – If you plan to take your pet on the trip, make sure that the vacation home is pet friendly. You may look up for the features such as dog doors, ceramic tiles or laminated flooring, slip proof area rugs etc. that will make the home comfortable for your pet too.
- Safety – Be assured that the home you choose to rent is well secured. If possible, you must gather information about the security features installed such as smoke detectors, fire extinguishers etc. If you are accompanied by your kids, make sure that the locality is safe and the house is properly fenced.
- Mode of rent payment – You may opt for the rental homes that allow you to pay the rent online or through credit or debit cards, since carrying large amount of cash while traveling is not a good idea.
- Additional facilities – Having some additional benefits along with the basic facilities is always appreciated. Try to book a vacation rental home that offers local travel guides, booklets, maps and information about places to visit in the city and vicinity.
A good vacation rental home will not only enhance your travel experience but will also help you to make remarkable memories.
If you are planning a trip to Corpus Christi, get in touch with The Rental Management Company. We have an extensive listing of vacation condos, townhomes and apartments that offer magnificent facilities. You can select from an array of vacation rental homes and have a perfect vacation. For more information call our real estate agents at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.