Apart from ensuring that the vacation rental has high occupancy rate, maintenance is also essential to ensure high ROI. Also in order to uphold the value of a vacation rental, it is important to prioritize the maintenance and repair tasks. Regular maintenance keeps the property protected from routine damage and keeps the rental guests happy.
While every maintenance request should be responded to in an organized and timely manner, some tasks truly require immediate attention. Thus, there are various things that should be considered when assessing maintenance tasks.
All maintenance requests can be prioritized based on following criteria:
- Identify The Priority Of Maintenance Tasks: Emergency maintenance tasks are the ones that require immediate and effective attention to avoid compromising the safety, general habitability, and long-term investment of the property. Problems such as power loss, a burst pipe, fire, or HVAC failure are examples of emergency situations. They may cost a lot if not immediately rectified. A quick response here is the key to ensure the guests’ safety and the integrity of the property. Keep the concerned vendors’ list on-hand for the management team to promptly contact the right vendor.
Medium-priority maintenance tasks primarily consist of preventative maintenance such as debris and bush removal for fire prevention, slip prevention in the fall and winter, etc. These tasks are crucial to ensure that the property stays in good shape, and play a key role in long-term operations. All these are time-sensitive tasks but not urgent. Such tasks will affect operations eventually and need to be performed to maintain optimum property value.
- Navigate High To Medium Priority Maintenance Requests: Once the maintenance requests have been categorized as per their priority levels, start resolving them starting with the highest priority task.
- Assessing Low Priority Tasks: These tasks neither pose a safety risk nor do they prevent guests from utilizing the vacation rental as needed. These include tasks like replacing the oven’s light bulb, cosmetic wall repairs, etc. Just ensure that these are eventually done to avoid complaints from the guests.
The Rental Management Company assists property owners in managing maintenance requests for their rental investment property. The property managers provide services such as performing property maintenance tasks and repairs on time. To know more about ways to prioritize maintenance requests, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Off-season may result in fewer guests but vacation rental bookings during low season can be boosted by planning and formulating creative marketing strategies. In fact, the off-season can be a great time to experiment, grow and thrive.
Following are some ways in which off-season bookings can be boosted for vacation rentals:
- Determine Your Low Season: The first step is to determine the low season for your vacation rental. The low season may vary from one place to other depending on the local attractions and weather conditions. For example in areas where people visit to ski, summers may be considered an off season whereas for beach vacation rentals winter months may be a low season. Defining your vacation rental’s low season is critical for formulating the right marketing strategy.
- Make Adjustments: In order to boost bookings, make some adjustments in pricing, rooms available, minimum duration of stay and more. You can even add some features like a hot tub/Jacuzzi to the vacation rental in order to attract more tenants.
- Contact Local Event Organizers: Contact organizers of local events, propose special offers for their attendees and request them to list your rental in their leaflets. This is a good way of spreading your name and fetching clientele during low season.
- Determine Your Target Guests: Identify the guests that are more likely to rent your vacation rental during low season. The easiest way of identifying your target audience is to take a look at past bookings. Once you determine the guests who frequent your vacation rental the most during off season, you can then proceed & design strategies accordingly to make your property appealing to them.
- Update Your Website: Your website is the first face of your vacation rental for potential online clients. Considering that potential guests usually search for vacation rentals online, make it a point to update your website with new offers every season. You may promote features that will appeal to off season guests with the help of beautiful outdoor images or cozy interior pictures, etc.
- Create More Packages: A simple strategy to attract more guests during off-season is to offer special packages. For example, your target audience shall definitely appreciate lucrative packages such as free meals or special packages for weekdays e.g. a stay of 3 nights for the price of 2 nights and so on.
- Use Social Media And Email Newsletters: It is important to keep previous guests in the loop with the help of social media. You may use social media and e-newsletters to let your audience know of special discounted rates, packages, amenities, events, festival specials and more.
The Rental Management Company offers well-managed vacation rentals equipped with the facilities required for a comfortable stay. To know more about vacation rentals in North Padre Island, call at (361) 949-9050 or visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX-78418.
Vacationers nowadays look at amenities being offered to them before they choose their vacation rental. They want the comforts of their home when on vacation and desire to make their vacation as relaxing and refreshing as possible. As a vacation rental owner you can make for a comfortable and relaxed experience for your guests by providing certain amenities to your guests. Some of these may include:
- Wi-Fi: Even on vacation people want to stay connected to their family members and friends, and carry their smart phones and laptops along. Providing Wi-Fi by bundling it with the cost of phone and cable TV can be inexpensive and a great option if you want to attract lots of customers.
- Pool: People on vacation prefer looking for vacation rentals which are either close to the beach or have a pool. Even if you don’t have a pool in your property you can advertise the shared pool in nearby community or complex.
- Allowing pets: Most vacationers look for properties that allow pets as a large number of vacationers bring their family pets along with them. If you allow pets on your vacation rental it will not only increase the bookings but also make the stay of your guests more satisfying.
- Cable TV and DVD player: You can include cable TV in your list of amenities and in case the weather is bad it can be a lifesaver for those travelling with small kids. A DVD player can prove equally helpful if you can provide some DVD’s as well.
- Linens: Linens are highly desired by vacationers if you have a large house or if your guests are traveling from a distance. You could keep the linens clean by laundering them every time your guests arrive. You can also consider providing bed linens and hire a cleaning service to keep those linen sheets neat and clean.
In addition, basic amenities like fully furnished rooms, kitchen appliances, washers/dryers etc are equally desired by vacationers. For more tips on making your vacation rental stand out from the crowd, contact us at The Rental Management Company. We are located at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418. You can also call us at (361) 949-9050.