COVID-19 has brought about significant changes in the way we live our lives and handle day-to-day duties. As the restrictions ease down, everyone should incorporate the required measures to ensure personal safety while resuming normal operations. The same applies to vacation rental owners who are gearing to step back into the game. A few precautions such as strict disinfecting and cleaning measures can significantly help in ensuring the well-being of guests.
Some important points to consider when hosting guests in a vacation rental post COVID-19 are:
- Prepare For An Upsurge: There are expectations on the influx of guests post COVID-19 as those who love travelling will be in search of clean vacation rentals. The most important preparation for this period is sanitization and cleanliness. Apart from this, owners should utilize this time to upgrade the vacation rentals; they can repaint, take professional quality photos, upgrade bathrooms and kitchens, and think of interesting offers for the guests.
- Cleaning: The first thing guests are likely to judge is the level of cleanliness in a vacation rental. So, it is important to ensure the finest standards of cleaning. Clean areas that are prone to contamination such as doorknobs, handles, railings, light switches, etc.
- Precautions: While preparing the vacation rental for guests, owners should exercise precautions to protect themselves and those cleaning the property. Protective gear should be used while cleaning (facial coverings, gloves, aprons, etc.), wash hands after taking off gloves, ventilate the rental before cleaning, wash hands thoroughly after each cleaning session, change cleaning cloths, do not touch the face/nose/eyes while cleaning, etc.
- Disinfect: Some items should be disinfected regularly for complete protection from the virus. For instance, vacuum cleaners, laundry baskets, hampers, trashcans, linens, etc. should be disinfected after use. Use disinfectants registered under the environmental protection agency and cleaning solutions with up to 70 percent alcohol.
- Protect The Guests: Offer self check-in and checkout facilities with instructions on using them, minimize routine maintenance during their stay, and offer amenities like hand soap, tissues, toilet paper, extra towels, clean sheets, disinfectants, and cleaning supplies. Also, make it to a point to place sanitizers at the entrance, in the kitchen and bathroom.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure to manage vacation rentals following the safety guidelines for COVID-19. For more details on things to consider when hosting guests in vacation rental post COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Attracting guests to your vacation rental is the core of a vacation rental investment. Making a few efforts can help a vacation rental owner in increasing the number of guests that book the rental. It is advisable to direct these efforts at making your vacation rental property stand out from the rest of the properties in the market.
Important things that can make your vacation rental stand out and generate more profits are:
- Improve The Listing: Optimize the rental listing by describing the vacation rental in a straightforward and accurate manner. Update it regularly to reflect seasonal changes, new improvements, new amenities, etc. Pay special attention to photos of the rental property attached with the listing. Make sure that the lighting and angles of photos accentuate the best features of the property.
- Enhance Guest Experience: Do what it takes to make the vacation rental experience memorable for the guests. A good experience increases the chances of repeated bookings, positive guest reviews, and predictable income. Vacation rental owners can consider gestures such as offering a welcome gift, providing local suggestions, printing instructions, offering comfortable furnishings, and upgrading outdoor spaces.
- Setting The Right Price: An increase in the price of vacation rental should be directly proportionate to the value added to it in the form of upgrades and updates. The right price is never static but varies depending on factors such as seasonal demand, length of stay, demand trends, specific events, etc. It is advisable to compare weekly and monthly data to gauge the performance of your rental and determine the prevailing price trends for maximum profits.
- Reinvest Profits: Once the vacation rental gains a steady momentum and attains the desired profit mark, it is advisable to reinvest the profits into the rental or on marketing in order to increase rental rates and stay competitive. Reinvestment can be in the form of upgrades such as outdoor furniture, a fire table, bathroom, and kitchen upgrades, etc.
- Online Presence: Create a strong online presence for the convenience of vacation rental guests and for reaching out to a bigger number of potential guests. Vacation rental owners should increase the digital footprint by accepting online bookings, generating and responding to reviews, building a website that will effectively convert traffic into inquiries/booking and by being active on social media.
- Hire A Professional: Hire a property manager to handle jobs like upgrading the vacation rental, improving guest experience, managing advertizement, confirming reservations, researching and implementing new strategies to manage the business, etc. Delegating the above-mentioned jobs to professionals will help save time and increase revenue in the long run.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for vacation rental owners. The property managers offer services such as property marketing, maintenance, and repairs, etc. To know more about ways to increase profits on your vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rental houses are a great option for families and groups of friends looking for a place that feels just like home. To get the most out of a vacation home, there are certain things to keep in mind before renting it such as costs, payment methods, terms and conditions in the rental agreement, etc.
If you are renting a vacation rental home for the first time, following are some tips to help you make the right decision:
- Research: The first step is to conduct thorough research for finding a vacation rental that suits your liking in terms of features, amenities, budget, etc. It is recommended to do so around six months before you plan to travel as vacation rentals book up fast. You can avail the assistance of a rental agent for recommendations based on your destination and trip timing.
- Read The Contract Thoroughly: Go through the contract thoroughly before signing it so that you are clear about what to expect on moving in. Check policies regarding refunds in case of poor services, extra fees, cancellation, insurance, reservation, utility bills, phone service, pets, sub-leasing, and other features.
- Check Amenities: Usually, those looking for a vacation rental do so only for a few days due to which it is good to have amenities such as a washer, dryer, dishwasher, bedding, towels, free Wi-Fi, outdoor spaces, parking, etc. When researching vacation rentals, make it a point to ask whether the amenities you would like to have will be provided.
- Secure Payment: If you are to make payments online, ensure that the website has secure payment options that protect information about your credit card and bank details. It is advisable to read online reviews to know about the experiences of previous renters as far as modes of payment are concerned.
- Documentation: In case you spot existing damage on day one, be sure to document it in the form of a photograph and bring it to the property owner’s notice. Do the same on the last day as proof in case a misunderstanding comes up.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation houses on rent. Customers can consult the agents to find an ideal vacation rental based on the amenities offered and budget. For more details on tips for renting a vacation house, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are a popular choice amongst tourists as they are cost effective. Choosing and booking the right vacation rental from the myriad of choices can be a little confusing for first-timers. Following are some useful hacks for booking vacation rentals and having a great experience with your family and friends:
- Take Your Time When Reading Descriptions: Property description is one of the most important thing to consider when looking for a vacation rental. Instead of quickly skimming through descriptions, take time to go through them carefully as you may find valuable information about the rental.
- Go Through As Many Reviews As Possible: Reading the reviews can be helpful as they are a source of real life experiences of previous visitors. This could help you can have a fair idea of what the actual experience would be like.
- Check For Basic Amenities: Before booking a vacation rental, make sure that you ask about the amenities that shall be provided to you. Most vacation rentals provide basic amenities like clean towels, detergent, clean sheets and linens, etc.
- Ask For References: Contacting references is a smart way of assessing the vacation rental experience. Also, it helps in gaining information about the property owner.
- Contact Them Before Booking: To ensure a smooth check-in contacting the rental agent prior to moving in. This will give you the opportunity to clarify any doubts.
- Look Up The Vacation Rental On A Map Or Real-Estate Site: Ask for the address of the rental and try to map its location for a realistic view. Alternatively, you can look for the property on the real estate site and explore it in satellite view to get an aerial glance of the property and the area around it.
- Pack Smart: Lastly, when you are ready to move to your vacation rental, pack items of personal importance like charger, an extension cord, an air mattress, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, soap, baby safety gates, etc.
Inquire About Internet Access: Most people assume that internet access will be provided in vacation rentals. However, always confirm this before booking the rental.
The Rental Management Company provides convenient online booking for vacation rentals in Corpus Christi. The team ensures that the properties are well-maintained and equipped with facilities required for a comfortable stay. To book a vacation rental, call at (361) 949-9050. You can also visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX-78418.