The best vacation rental marketing strategy is one that is based on providing value to the customer. It focuses on selling value in terms of products and services for the existing price. Successful marketing is all about reaching a higher number of potential clients in an efficient, effective and economical manner.
Listed below are some tips to get the most out of a marketing strategy for your vacation rental:
- Build Value: When marketing a vacation rental, it is important to ensure that your guests should feel that they are being offered more value than they are paying for. This can be done by investing in interior designing, comfort, quality of service and the overall guest experience. For example, decorate the vacation rental with modern pieces of decor, provide fresh linens, stock the kitchen and bathrooms, offer quality toiletries, etc.
- Invest In Professional Pictures: Pictures are the first thing to catch the eye of a potential guest searching for a vacation rental online. So, invest in the services of a professional photographer and get some impressive and well-lit pictures of your rental. The pictures should highlight the best aspects of your vacation rental.
- Optimize Property Descriptions: The headlines and property descriptions on online property listings have a huge impact on attracting potential customers. Use specific, clear and well-written headlines. The description should contain accurate information about the number of rooms, amenities, facilities and more.
- Provide A Contact Number: There should be a number on which potential guests can get back to you with their inquiries about the rentals. Providing such a number creates an opportunity to build value through customer service. This adds to the credibility of your services and also creates a professional image.
- Invest in Professional Services: Professional vacation rental management companies like The Rental Management Company focus on formulating effective marketing strategies for the vacation rentals. Invest in the services of professionals to reach out to larger number of potential guests.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services to vacation rental owners in North Padre Island and Corpus Christi. The vacation rental management services include effective marketing, online listing of the property on company website, management of repairs and property maintenance, etc.. To know about more about marketing tips for vacation rentals, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Have you ever wondered what it is that makes one vacation rental better than another in terms of experience? Well, it’s the features provided by some vacation rentals that make them stand out from the rest and result in more comfort and convenience. It is important to check the features provided as they make a huge difference in the overall experience of a guest.
If you are in search of a vacation rental, following is a list of some features you should focus on:
- Well-Stocked Kitchens: The first thing to look for is a well-stocked and clean kitchen. Quality vacation rentals offer modern kitchens with latest amenities e.g. oven, fridge, dishwasher, coffee-maker, microwave, etc. The point of staying in a vacation rental is to be as comfortable as you are at home and the first step towards that is to be able to cook a hearty and healthy meal for yourself, when needed.
- Outdoor Facilities: Take a look at the outdoor facilities offered for your comfort and enjoyment. Things to look for are quality outdoor furniture and equipment like hammocks, sun umbrellas, outdoor couches and more. Also consider the view from your rental as it should be beautiful and relaxing. Proximity to places of entertainment and sightseeing is a plus-point.
- Internet and Entertainment: Even while on a vacation we all seek connection to the world around and need a strong and reliable internet connection for that. If internet speed is something you do not want to compromise on, ensure it is provided before booking the rental. Apart from this, a good vacation rental offers entertainment options for people of all age-groups e.g. books, family games, charging docks, etc.
- Amenities: For a comfortable stay, vacation rentals provide facilities like warm water, heating facilities, air conditioning, premium bedding, bathroom supplies, ample storage for shoes and clothes, washers and dryers, etc. Check whether the amenities of your choice are provided or request for the same.
- Kids And Pets Facilities: If you have small children or are a pet-parent and do not want to leave it behind while on a vacation, look for pet and kid-friendly vacation rentals. Such rentals provide facilities for the safety and convenience of kids and pets e.g. treats and bowls for pets; highchairs and strollers for kids, safety gates, etc.
- Others: Other facilities to look for are online listings, online bookings, toilet handrails, free parking, fitness center, cleaning services, TV and cable, indoor fireplaces, an effective management system for the upkeep of the rentals and to cater to emergencies, superior furnishings in the form of window treatments, lighting fixtures, high quality mattresses, tasteful decorations, sturdy furniture, etc.
The Rental Management Company offers an array of well-equipped vacation rentals. To know more about features to look for in a vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
If you are a vacation rental owner seeking to attract domestic travelers, here are some tips for doing so:
- Provide Quality: Offer your guests a place that can help them unwind and de-stress. For instance, consider providing fresh bed linen, invigorating outdoor experiences, stack of good books, luxurious amenities and so on.
- Add A Special Touch: Make domestic travelers feel special by extending gestures that will make their experience memorable. For example, offer complementary gifts, welcome hampers, scented candles, beautiful staged photos, a booklet with special attractions and activities lined up for them and more.
- Best Foot Forward: Highlight the best features of your vacation rental to potential domestic clients. For example fast WiFi, kitchen gadgets, smart devices, entertainment options, housekeepers and other offerings.
- Aim At Millennials: Millennials are potential domestic clients for vacation rentals that fulfill their requirements. Aim at including features that offer convenience, fun, and a surreal experience e.g. a remote office, great lighting, bright backdrops and scenic beauty (for great photography), etc.
- Pricing: Pricing is crucial when it comes to domestic travelers as they want quality without compromising on cost. To attract them to your vacation rental, it is important for your rental to be competitively priced without affecting quality.
- Minimum Stay: Domestic travelers are likely to stay for a shorter period as compared to international ones. So, a good strategy would be to reduce the minimum stay requirements in order to suit short term guests.
- Types Of Domestic Travelers: It would be helpful to consider the type of domestic travelers that you expect in order to precisely offer them what they need. They can be single travelers, partners, a group of friends, extended families, and so on. Be clear about your clientele in order to offer the best services and a great stay.
- Flexibility: Offer your potential guests flexibility as far as booking preferences are concerned. Give them a variety of options to choose from such as the ability to book a rental on different platforms (website and local channels), long and short period bookings, instant bookings, flexible cancellation, easy refund policies and more.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental owners to attract domestic travelers in Corpus Christi. The company offers strategic services to ensure high ROI for vacation rental owners. For more details on vacation rental tips to attract domestic travelers, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
COVID-19 has brought about significant changes in the way we live our lives and handle day-to-day duties. As the restrictions ease down, everyone should incorporate the required measures to ensure personal safety while resuming normal operations. The same applies to vacation rental owners who are gearing to step back into the game. A few precautions such as strict disinfecting and cleaning measures can significantly help in ensuring the well-being of guests.
Some important points to consider when hosting guests in a vacation rental post COVID-19 are:
- Prepare For An Upsurge: There are expectations on the influx of guests post COVID-19 as those who love travelling will be in search of clean vacation rentals. The most important preparation for this period is sanitization and cleanliness. Apart from this, owners should utilize this time to upgrade the vacation rentals; they can repaint, take professional quality photos, upgrade bathrooms and kitchens, and think of interesting offers for the guests.
- Cleaning: The first thing guests are likely to judge is the level of cleanliness in a vacation rental. So, it is important to ensure the finest standards of cleaning. Clean areas that are prone to contamination such as doorknobs, handles, railings, light switches, etc.
- Precautions: While preparing the vacation rental for guests, owners should exercise precautions to protect themselves and those cleaning the property. Protective gear should be used while cleaning (facial coverings, gloves, aprons, etc.), wash hands after taking off gloves, ventilate the rental before cleaning, wash hands thoroughly after each cleaning session, change cleaning cloths, do not touch the face/nose/eyes while cleaning, etc.
- Disinfect: Some items should be disinfected regularly for complete protection from the virus. For instance, vacuum cleaners, laundry baskets, hampers, trashcans, linens, etc. should be disinfected after use. Use disinfectants registered under the environmental protection agency and cleaning solutions with up to 70 percent alcohol.
- Protect The Guests: Offer self check-in and checkout facilities with instructions on using them, minimize routine maintenance during their stay, and offer amenities like hand soap, tissues, toilet paper, extra towels, clean sheets, disinfectants, and cleaning supplies. Also, make it to a point to place sanitizers at the entrance, in the kitchen and bathroom.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure to manage vacation rentals following the safety guidelines for COVID-19. For more details on things to consider when hosting guests in vacation rental post COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Attracting guests to your vacation rental is the core of a vacation rental investment. Making a few efforts can help a vacation rental owner in increasing the number of guests that book the rental. It is advisable to direct these efforts at making your vacation rental property stand out from the rest of the properties in the market.
Important things that can make your vacation rental stand out and generate more profits are:
- Improve The Listing: Optimize the rental listing by describing the vacation rental in a straightforward and accurate manner. Update it regularly to reflect seasonal changes, new improvements, new amenities, etc. Pay special attention to photos of the rental property attached with the listing. Make sure that the lighting and angles of photos accentuate the best features of the property.
- Enhance Guest Experience: Do what it takes to make the vacation rental experience memorable for the guests. A good experience increases the chances of repeated bookings, positive guest reviews, and predictable income. Vacation rental owners can consider gestures such as offering a welcome gift, providing local suggestions, printing instructions, offering comfortable furnishings, and upgrading outdoor spaces.
- Setting The Right Price: An increase in the price of vacation rental should be directly proportionate to the value added to it in the form of upgrades and updates. The right price is never static but varies depending on factors such as seasonal demand, length of stay, demand trends, specific events, etc. It is advisable to compare weekly and monthly data to gauge the performance of your rental and determine the prevailing price trends for maximum profits.
- Reinvest Profits: Once the vacation rental gains a steady momentum and attains the desired profit mark, it is advisable to reinvest the profits into the rental or on marketing in order to increase rental rates and stay competitive. Reinvestment can be in the form of upgrades such as outdoor furniture, a fire table, bathroom, and kitchen upgrades, etc.
- Online Presence: Create a strong online presence for the convenience of vacation rental guests and for reaching out to a bigger number of potential guests. Vacation rental owners should increase the digital footprint by accepting online bookings, generating and responding to reviews, building a website that will effectively convert traffic into inquiries/booking and by being active on social media.
- Hire A Professional: Hire a property manager to handle jobs like upgrading the vacation rental, improving guest experience, managing advertizement, confirming reservations, researching and implementing new strategies to manage the business, etc. Delegating the above-mentioned jobs to professionals will help save time and increase revenue in the long run.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for vacation rental owners. The property managers offer services such as property marketing, maintenance, and repairs, etc. To know more about ways to increase profits on your vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rental houses are a great option for families and groups of friends looking for a place that feels just like home. To get the most out of a vacation home, there are certain things to keep in mind before renting it such as costs, payment methods, terms and conditions in the rental agreement, etc.
If you are renting a vacation rental home for the first time, following are some tips to help you make the right decision:
- Research: The first step is to conduct thorough research for finding a vacation rental that suits your liking in terms of features, amenities, budget, etc. It is recommended to do so around six months before you plan to travel as vacation rentals book up fast. You can avail the assistance of a rental agent for recommendations based on your destination and trip timing.
- Read The Contract Thoroughly: Go through the contract thoroughly before signing it so that you are clear about what to expect on moving in. Check policies regarding refunds in case of poor services, extra fees, cancellation, insurance, reservation, utility bills, phone service, pets, sub-leasing, and other features.
- Check Amenities: Usually, those looking for a vacation rental do so only for a few days due to which it is good to have amenities such as a washer, dryer, dishwasher, bedding, towels, free Wi-Fi, outdoor spaces, parking, etc. When researching vacation rentals, make it a point to ask whether the amenities you would like to have will be provided.
- Secure Payment: If you are to make payments online, ensure that the website has secure payment options that protect information about your credit card and bank details. It is advisable to read online reviews to know about the experiences of previous renters as far as modes of payment are concerned.
- Documentation: In case you spot existing damage on day one, be sure to document it in the form of a photograph and bring it to the property owner’s notice. Do the same on the last day as proof in case a misunderstanding comes up.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation houses on rent. Customers can consult the agents to find an ideal vacation rental based on the amenities offered and budget. For more details on tips for renting a vacation house, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.