Vacation rentals are meant to feel like a home away from home; so, most of them are equipped with essentials and a few extras to enhance a guest’s stay. Nevertheless, it is advisable to pack strategically for a comfortable and memorable stay. When packing for a vacation rental, you should consider factors such as the demographics of your family/group, length of stay, weather conditions of the place, medical conditions and personal preferences.
Following are some things you must remember to pack when planning for a vacation rental stay:
- Essential Clothing: Pack weather appropriate clothing, bathing suits, comfortable night wear, socks, handkerchiefs, face masks, a robe, a sun hat and comfortable shoes/footwear.
- Kitchen Essentials: You can expect basic kitchen supplies in your vacation rental but it would be good to carry along items that you use frequently in your own kitchen. These include condiments, paper towels, coffee filters, coffee, sugar, favorite snacks, a corkscrew, cereal, aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, paper plates, disposable glasses, crock-pot, salt and pepper, spices, bin bags, dishwashing soap, etc.
- Bathroom Essentials: For the bathroom, pack your favorite soap for a home-like feel or if allergic to common brands, safety pins, shampoo, conditioner, hair color, toothpaste, a body wash, shower cap, your toothbrush, floss and grooming supplies (razor, deodorant, hairdryer, nail cutter, perfume, hair brush, etc.)
- Pet Supplies: If you have a pet and there are no restrictions at the vacation rental for bringing it along, there are a couple of things that you should pack for your furry friend. These include a pet first-aid kit, a fetch toy, pick-up bags, life jacket, leash/harness and a pet water bottle.
- Entertainment And Electronics: Assign a separate bag for electronics such as tablets, streaming devices, a portable mini speaker, charging cables, a selfie stick, water proof pouch, power bank, batteries, DVDs, your gaming system, cameras, etc. Also, be prepared for unpredictable situations like poor weather that may warrant you to stay indoors and entertain yourself. For such situations, pack some books, magazines, board games, card games, and any other form of entertainment supplies to keep you occupied and engaged.
- General Stuff: Some general stuff to pack includes medication, your eye glasses, umbrellas, writing material (note pads and colored pencils/pens), a night light, bed rail (for a baby), cloth hangers, stroller, beach/pool toys, sunscreen, bikes, a huge tote/ beach bag, a headlamp/flashlight, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, disposable plastic gloves, etc.
- Important Documents: Make it a point to carry a separate pouch and pack your driver’s license, health insurance cards, auto insurance cards, rental confirmation information and credit/debit cards.
The Rental Management Company offers well-furnished vacation rentals in Corpus Christi. The vacation rentals are equipped with amenities that are necessary to ensure a comfortable stay for the guests. For more details on things to pack for your stay, call at (361) 949 – 9050.
View Full Image
Vacation rental amenities provided by the owners directly impact the experience of guests and help in converting a one-time guest into a returning guest. When travelers browse through vacation rental properties, amenities can really set the rental apart and make it stand out by indicating that the property will make the guests feel like home.
Things that can make vacation rental feel like home are:
Various vacation rental features can be provided to offer comfort, convenience, and homely environment to the guests. Travelers tend to filter their search for a vacation rental according to the features and amenities offered.
- 24-Hour Check-In: An automated check-in system will ensure that the guests can check-in whenever they please. It will free the owner from the responsibility of being present at the time of check-in. When the guests get access to the property through such services, they feel welcomed.
- Wi-Fi Services: One basic necessity that any vacation rental should be equipped with is the Wi-Fi connection. The guests will accept a fast and convenient Wi-Fi connection, as a part of their rental package. A Wi-Fi network helps the guests in enjoying uninterrupted entertainment, complete any urgent work, check their emails, etc. Providing the Wi-Fi password at the time of check-in will allow the guests feel at home as they do not need to contact the owner whenever they need internet access.
- Availability Of Cable Or Streaming Services: Even if they do not use the television, most guests will look for TV access as a must-have amenity in their vacation rental. The ideal combination would be to offer cable television, allowing access to various web portals, as well as live television for local news and weather reports.
- Family-Friendly Games: Families with kids will be excited about being able to play at their holiday home. Also, provide a selection of games for the whole family to make the vacation rental stand out to travelers. Provide free kids’ amenities such as crayons, books, bathtub toys, etc. Some board games and cards for family fun can also be provided.
- Local Maps & Recommendations: Make sure to provide local information for the guests to peruse. Provide information about the most recommended neighborhood restaurants and cafes. Include pamphlets on prominent local features like theaters, national parks or historical sights. This information will help the travelers feel as if they know the place as well as their hometown.
- Electrical Appliances: Having electric cookware (such as a kettle, coffee maker, rice cooker, etc.), refrigerator, oven, etc. will help the guests enjoy by allowing them enjoy home cooked meals.
The Rental Management Company provides vacation rental equipped with various amenities. This is to ensure a comfortable stay for the guests. For more details on things that can make vacation rentals feel like home, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Documenting the condition of a rental property at the time of a tenant moving in or vacating the property is essential to maintain a healthy relationship between property owners and tenants. A rental unit’s condition can be documented via a rental checklist comparing the condition of each room at the time of a tenant moving in and moving out along with pictures in support of the factors. Such documentation provides standards on the basis of which a property owner can compare and assess the condition of a rental and determine whether any damage has been caused.
List of reasons for which it is important for a rental condo owner to document its condition has been mentioned below:
- Monitor Damage: Documenting the condition of a rental unit before a tenant moves in helps in identifying existing damage if any and pointing out damage caused by the tenant at the time of moving out. Damage in this context refers to the deterioration of property other than that caused by normal wear and tear. While documenting the interiors and exteriors of the property, the condition of each room and items like appliances, vanity, fixtures, etc., points of egress (front door, interior doors, back doors) and the structure (floors, walls and ceilings) should be taken into account.
- Determine The Presence Of Alterations: It is easier to identify unauthorized alterations to the property if its condition was documented before a tenant moves in. Examples of such alterations are a change in the color of paint, change of flooring, room divisions, etc.
- Proof Against Complaints: Documentation is also helpful if a tenant complains of health and safety issues. For instance, if a tenant complains of issues like mold in the rental and a property owner has pictures of the rental at the time of commencement of the lease agreement that prove the property was in immaculate condition, it will help in absolving the owner.
- Proof Of Agreement: Inspecting rental property prior to a tenant moving in and getting the checklist signed by the tenant acts as evidence in case of security deposit issues at the time of moving out. If the condition of your rental condo has been altered, you can deduct a reasonable amount from the security deposit on the basis of the proof you have documented.
Rental property inspection should be conducted and documented either by the property owner or a trusted person (property manager). The checklist should be signed and dated by the tenant as consenting to the property’s condition at the time of moving in and should also state disagreements, if any.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for rental condos. The property managers ensure that the condition of the rental condo is correctly documented before the tenant moves in and after he vacates the property. To know more about the benefits of documenting conditions of your rental condo, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are gaining popularity among travelers and the only way you can make your rental can stand out from another is by furnishing it tastefully. A variety of things are involved in furnishing a vacation rental such as furniture, storage options, lighting, choice of paint, etc.
Following are some tips for beginners looking for smart ideas for furnishing their vacation rentals and attracting quality guests:
- Determine Your Budget: The first thing to do before embarking on the project of furnishing a vacation rental is to set a budget. It is a good idea to be generous with the budget so that there is a buffer for unexpected expenses along the way. Always budget as per the current retail price and then try to bargain.
- Know Your Target Guests: Knowing your target guests makes it easier to choose items for furnishing. Decide whether you would like to cater to families with children, couples, students, businessmen, etc. Research the prevailing trends among your target guests for furnishing your property accordingly.
- Look For Ideas: Now that you have budgeted and identified your target guests, get some decor ideas to keep up with the latest trends. You can research online on platforms like Pinterest and Instagram, visit your local home stores, read interior magazines and so on.
- Invest In Window Treatments: Choosing the right window treatments can instantly uplift the entire look of your vacation rental. As per your budget, you can invest in curtains, blinds, panels, valances, etc.
- Opt For Good Lighting: Choose energy efficient lighting fixtures as they are eco-friendly and last longer. Keep in mind that the choice of lighting for your vacation rental will make a huge difference in the way your guests perceive it and enjoy their stay. Lighting not only creates an illusion of space but it can also help in illuminating the best parts of your rental with fixtures such as lamps, hanging bulbs and spotlights.
- Provide Comfort: Make sure that the vacation rental is furnished to ensure the comfort of your guests during their stay. Strike the right chord with your guests by furnishing the rental in a way that promotes a feeling of calmness.
- Choose Durable Furniture: The furniture you buy for your vacation rental should be strong, practical and durable. It is advisable to invest in furniture which is difficult to stain, easy to clean, immune to scratches & breakage and more. Also provide ample storage space such as a closet, drawers, clothes rails and more.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental owners in maintaining their property in Corpus Christi, TX. To know more about furnishing your vacation rental, call at (361) 949 – 9050. You can also visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX – 78418.
Preparing vacation rentals in advance helps to ensure that everything a guest requires for a comfortable and memorable stay is available as & when needed.
Following are some tips on what can be done to prepare your vacation rental for guests:
- Prepare A Master List: Prepare a master list to help your guests get accustomed to their new surroundings. The list should comprise of information such as emergency contact numbers, nearby stores, eating joints, property rules, garbage pick-up days and so on.
- Thorough Cleaning: Hire professional cleaners to clean the vacation rental thoroughly. This will give a sparkling new feel to the property that is sure to be appreciated by guests.
- Do Some Touch-Ups: In preparation for your guests, consider doing some minor repairs and touch ups. Also, minor repairs will help you in combating a problem before it exaggerates and save money.
- Upgrade The Bedrooms: Consider replacing torn, faded or worn out bed sheets and pillow cases with new ones. Opt for bed sheets that have a thread count of 400 or higher as these tend to last longer and are much softer. Get rid of flat pillows and replace them with fluffy ones instead. Invest in memory foam toppers for mattresses to lend a plush look to the bedding and add to its comfort.
- Stock The Kitchen: Stock the kitchen with inexpensive dinnerware (preferably matching set) and some cooking tools. You may also place some wine glasses and unbreakable plates in the kitchen.
- Offer Some Cleaning Supplies: Your guests will appreciate some cleaning supplies such as paper towels, cleaning spray, a vacuum cleaner, dust pan, broom, air freshener, etc.
- Offer Some Special Extras: Gestures such as buying your guests a welcome gift make a lot of difference in how they feel. Apart from this, surprise them with exciting knick-knacks when they step into the vacation rental like board games, toys, movies, books, magazines and so on.
- Take Care Of Health And Safety Issues: The preparation phase is a good time to clear the rental of fungus & mold, see that carbon monoxide & smoke detectors are working, check security features, eradicate pests, inspect heating & air conditioning systems and so on.
- Tame The Outdoors: Get rid of dead plants in the lawn and replace them with new ones, pull out the weed, cut the grass, prune trees and so on. Remember that the outdoors will be the first thing that your guests will see on arriving at the vacation rental, so keep it groomed and well-maintained.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental owners in maintaining and renting out their property in North Padre Island. To know more about preparing your vacation rental for guests, call at 361-949-9050 or visit The Rental Management Company 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX-78418.
Packing for a vacation requires thorough consideration. If you are planning a trip in the near future, you may have to tweak the way you pack your stuff.
Following tips may be helpful to pack for a vacation while planning to stay at a vacation rental:
- Do Not Forget Your Chargers And Adapters: Chargers and adaptors should secure the first spot on your packing list as they are susceptible to being forgotten when off to a vacation. Pack them in such a way that they remain compact and easily accessible.
- Pack Your Toiletry Bag: Pack the basics depending on the destination you are traveling to and the limits imposed on how much and what toiletry items you can carry along. The basic items include a toothbrush, paste, floss, comb, deodorant, sunscreen, a bug repellent, bandages, facewash, moisturizer, prescription glasses & medication, allergy medicines, eye drops and so on.
- Throw In Some Laundry Pods And Sponges: If you are planning to stay in a vacation rental, it is advisable to take your cleaning supplies along. These may include kitchen sponges, laundry pods, hypo-allergic detergents if you have kids, and so on.
- Pack Toilet Paper And Plastic Bags: Never forget to pack some rolls of toilet paper, zip locks, trash bags, green bags, sandwich bags and the like. Plastic bags can be helpful for storing snacks, organizing cords, electronics and even packing toiletries.
- Consider Child Safety: If you are travelling with small children, take along safety items such as outlet covers, corner protectors, a no-spill cup, etc. This would be helpful in protecting your child from getting hurt and letting you enjoy your vacation.
- Carry Your Entertainment Along: Even though most vacation rentals provide games, TV and other sources of entertainment, it is advisable to take along your favorites. You can carry your favorite books, video games or magazines that you have been stacking for long but have not had the chance to read.
- Pack Spices And Condiments You Love: Most rentals offer the basic kitchen supplies i.e. salt, chili and pepper. However, if you yearn for a specific spice in your food, do not forget to take along your favorite spices, seasonings, herbs and condiments.
- Carry Some Personalization Items: You can add a touch of personalization to the vacation rental by taking along familiar items like a favorite picture, throw/blanket, pillows, sheets, towels etc.
The Rental Management Company offers well-managed vacation rentals in North Padre Island. To know more, call at (361) 949-9050 or visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX-78418.