Vacation rentals need not be restricted to seasons as they can be configured to suit the demands of each season and thrive throughout the year. To keep a vacation rental relevant in spite of the season, it is important to understand the requirements of target clients and offer the same. A rental owner should also stay updated on the latest seasonal trends and incorporate them in the rental property.
Here are some ideas for vacation rental owners to attract guests during winters:
- Update Your Listing: Your listing plays a major role in creating the impact you desire on the mind of your target audience. It is the gateway through which you can showcase what you have to offer. Increase the appeal of your rental listing by including high quality photos of your property in a winter setting, an indoor/outdoor fireplace, candle decorations, beautiful bookshelves, cozy and bright bed-linen and pictures showing the activities guests can enjoy if they stay at your rental.
- Reduce Minimum Stay Requirements: Tweak booking requirements and make them flexible for potential guests. Lower the minimum night stay to keep options open for all kind of renters. You can even consider creating long weekend packages, weekday specials offers and discount packages for entire week bookings.
- Make it Child Friendly: If your target audience is families, you should make your vacation rental a child-friendly and/or pet-friendly. Include some board games, puzzle books, a high chair, stroller, crib, safety gates on stairs and around a pool, etc.
- Organize Special Events: Offer your guests a list of events they can be a part of during their stay. Organize some fun outdoor events or gather information about nearby events being organized by tourism organizations, chambers of commerce and other event organizers. Ask for an events calendar of festivals, concerts and sports to be held during the winter season and also consider partnering with some organizers for discount cards and free event tickets.
- Offer Competitive Prices: Research on other listings in your area and price your rental accordingly. Set your price as per the amenities you have to offer and the location of your rental. You can make your listing more competitive by offering an extra night for the same price.
- Hire A Property Manager: A property manager will take care of the management, maintenance and promotion of your vacation rental. This will not only save your time and energy, but also aid in attracting guests to your rental. A property manager will assist in everything from the amenities and features to be offered, to determining the right price for your rental.
The Rental Management Company assists vacation rental owners in maintaining the appeal of their vacation rentals during winters. The agents offer professional services to improve the number of guests at the property. For more details on tips to attract guests to a vacation rental in winters, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are meant to feel like a home away from home; so, most of them are equipped with essentials and a few extras to enhance a guest’s stay. Nevertheless, it is advisable to pack strategically for a comfortable and memorable stay. When packing for a vacation rental, you should consider factors such as the demographics of your family/group, length of stay, weather conditions of the place, medical conditions and personal preferences.
Following are some things you must remember to pack when planning for a vacation rental stay:
- Essential Clothing: Pack weather appropriate clothing, bathing suits, comfortable night wear, socks, handkerchiefs, face masks, a robe, a sun hat and comfortable shoes/footwear.
- Kitchen Essentials: You can expect basic kitchen supplies in your vacation rental but it would be good to carry along items that you use frequently in your own kitchen. These include condiments, paper towels, coffee filters, coffee, sugar, favorite snacks, a corkscrew, cereal, aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, paper plates, disposable glasses, crock-pot, salt and pepper, spices, bin bags, dishwashing soap, etc.
- Bathroom Essentials: For the bathroom, pack your favorite soap for a home-like feel or if allergic to common brands, safety pins, shampoo, conditioner, hair color, toothpaste, a body wash, shower cap, your toothbrush, floss and grooming supplies (razor, deodorant, hairdryer, nail cutter, perfume, hair brush, etc.)
- Pet Supplies: If you have a pet and there are no restrictions at the vacation rental for bringing it along, there are a couple of things that you should pack for your furry friend. These include a pet first-aid kit, a fetch toy, pick-up bags, life jacket, leash/harness and a pet water bottle.
- Entertainment And Electronics: Assign a separate bag for electronics such as tablets, streaming devices, a portable mini speaker, charging cables, a selfie stick, water proof pouch, power bank, batteries, DVDs, your gaming system, cameras, etc. Also, be prepared for unpredictable situations like poor weather that may warrant you to stay indoors and entertain yourself. For such situations, pack some books, magazines, board games, card games, and any other form of entertainment supplies to keep you occupied and engaged.
- General Stuff: Some general stuff to pack includes medication, your eye glasses, umbrellas, writing material (note pads and colored pencils/pens), a night light, bed rail (for a baby), cloth hangers, stroller, beach/pool toys, sunscreen, bikes, a huge tote/ beach bag, a headlamp/flashlight, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, disposable plastic gloves, etc.
- Important Documents: Make it a point to carry a separate pouch and pack your driver’s license, health insurance cards, auto insurance cards, rental confirmation information and credit/debit cards.
The Rental Management Company offers well-furnished vacation rentals in Corpus Christi. The vacation rentals are equipped with amenities that are necessary to ensure a comfortable stay for the guests. For more details on things to pack for your stay, call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rental amenities provided by the owners directly impact the experience of guests and help in converting a one-time guest into a returning guest. When travelers browse through vacation rental properties, amenities can really set the rental apart and make it stand out by indicating that the property will make the guests feel like home.
Things that can make vacation rental feel like home are:
Various vacation rental features can be provided to offer comfort, convenience, and homely environment to the guests. Travelers tend to filter their search for a vacation rental according to the features and amenities offered.
- 24-Hour Check-In: An automated check-in system will ensure that the guests can check-in whenever they please. It will free the owner from the responsibility of being present at the time of check-in. When the guests get access to the property through such services, they feel welcomed.
- Wi-Fi Services: One basic necessity that any vacation rental should be equipped with is the Wi-Fi connection. The guests will accept a fast and convenient Wi-Fi connection, as a part of their rental package. A Wi-Fi network helps the guests in enjoying uninterrupted entertainment, complete any urgent work, check their emails, etc. Providing the Wi-Fi password at the time of check-in will allow the guests feel at home as they do not need to contact the owner whenever they need internet access.
- Availability Of Cable Or Streaming Services: Even if they do not use the television, most guests will look for TV access as a must-have amenity in their vacation rental. The ideal combination would be to offer cable television, allowing access to various web portals, as well as live television for local news and weather reports.
- Family-Friendly Games: Families with kids will be excited about being able to play at their holiday home. Also, provide a selection of games for the whole family to make the vacation rental stand out to travelers. Provide free kids’ amenities such as crayons, books, bathtub toys, etc. Some board games and cards for family fun can also be provided.
- Local Maps & Recommendations: Make sure to provide local information for the guests to peruse. Provide information about the most recommended neighborhood restaurants and cafes. Include pamphlets on prominent local features like theaters, national parks or historical sights. This information will help the travelers feel as if they know the place as well as their hometown.
- Electrical Appliances: Having electric cookware (such as a kettle, coffee maker, rice cooker, etc.), refrigerator, oven, etc. will help the guests enjoy by allowing them enjoy home cooked meals.
The Rental Management Company provides vacation rental equipped with various amenities. This is to ensure a comfortable stay for the guests. For more details on things that can make vacation rentals feel like home, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Documenting the condition of a rental property at the time of a tenant moving in or vacating the property is essential to maintain a healthy relationship between property owners and tenants. A rental unit’s condition can be documented via a rental checklist comparing the condition of each room at the time of a tenant moving in and moving out along with pictures in support of the factors. Such documentation provides standards on the basis of which a property owner can compare and assess the condition of a rental and determine whether any damage has been caused.
List of reasons for which it is important for a rental condo owner to document its condition has been mentioned below:
- Monitor Damage: Documenting the condition of a rental unit before a tenant moves in helps in identifying existing damage if any and pointing out damage caused by the tenant at the time of moving out. Damage in this context refers to the deterioration of property other than that caused by normal wear and tear. While documenting the interiors and exteriors of the property, the condition of each room and items like appliances, vanity, fixtures, etc., points of egress (front door, interior doors, back doors) and the structure (floors, walls and ceilings) should be taken into account.
- Determine The Presence Of Alterations: It is easier to identify unauthorized alterations to the property if its condition was documented before a tenant moves in. Examples of such alterations are a change in the color of paint, change of flooring, room divisions, etc.
- Proof Against Complaints: Documentation is also helpful if a tenant complains of health and safety issues. For instance, if a tenant complains of issues like mold in the rental and a property owner has pictures of the rental at the time of commencement of the lease agreement that prove the property was in immaculate condition, it will help in absolving the owner.
- Proof Of Agreement: Inspecting rental property prior to a tenant moving in and getting the checklist signed by the tenant acts as evidence in case of security deposit issues at the time of moving out. If the condition of your rental condo has been altered, you can deduct a reasonable amount from the security deposit on the basis of the proof you have documented.
Rental property inspection should be conducted and documented either by the property owner or a trusted person (property manager). The checklist should be signed and dated by the tenant as consenting to the property’s condition at the time of moving in and should also state disagreements, if any.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for rental condos. The property managers ensure that the condition of the rental condo is correctly documented before the tenant moves in and after he vacates the property. To know more about the benefits of documenting conditions of your rental condo, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.