Documenting the condition of a rental property at the time of a tenant moving in or vacating the property is essential to maintain a healthy relationship between property owners and tenants. A rental unit’s condition can be documented via a rental checklist comparing the condition of each room at the time of a tenant moving in and moving out along with pictures in support of the factors. Such documentation provides standards on the basis of which a property owner can compare and assess the condition of a rental and determine whether any damage has been caused.
List of reasons for which it is important for a rental condo owner to document its condition has been mentioned below:
- Monitor Damage: Documenting the condition of a rental unit before a tenant moves in helps in identifying existing damage if any and pointing out damage caused by the tenant at the time of moving out. Damage in this context refers to the deterioration of property other than that caused by normal wear and tear. While documenting the interiors and exteriors of the property, the condition of each room and items like appliances, vanity, fixtures, etc., points of egress (front door, interior doors, back doors) and the structure (floors, walls and ceilings) should be taken into account.
- Determine The Presence Of Alterations: It is easier to identify unauthorized alterations to the property if its condition was documented before a tenant moves in. Examples of such alterations are a change in the color of paint, change of flooring, room divisions, etc.
- Proof Against Complaints: Documentation is also helpful if a tenant complains of health and safety issues. For instance, if a tenant complains of issues like mold in the rental and a property owner has pictures of the rental at the time of commencement of the lease agreement that prove the property was in immaculate condition, it will help in absolving the owner.
- Proof Of Agreement: Inspecting rental property prior to a tenant moving in and getting the checklist signed by the tenant acts as evidence in case of security deposit issues at the time of moving out. If the condition of your rental condo has been altered, you can deduct a reasonable amount from the security deposit on the basis of the proof you have documented.
Rental property inspection should be conducted and documented either by the property owner or a trusted person (property manager). The checklist should be signed and dated by the tenant as consenting to the property’s condition at the time of moving in and should also state disagreements, if any.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for rental condos. The property managers ensure that the condition of the rental condo is correctly documented before the tenant moves in and after he vacates the property. To know more about the benefits of documenting conditions of your rental condo, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are gaining popularity among travelers and the only way you can make your rental can stand out from another is by furnishing it tastefully. A variety of things are involved in furnishing a vacation rental such as furniture, storage options, lighting, choice of paint, etc.
Following are some tips for beginners looking for smart ideas for furnishing their vacation rentals and attracting quality guests:
- Determine Your Budget: The first thing to do before embarking on the project of furnishing a vacation rental is to set a budget. It is a good idea to be generous with the budget so that there is a buffer for unexpected expenses along the way. Always budget as per the current retail price and then try to bargain.
- Know Your Target Guests: Knowing your target guests makes it easier to choose items for furnishing. Decide whether you would like to cater to families with children, couples, students, businessmen, etc. Research the prevailing trends among your target guests for furnishing your property accordingly.
- Look For Ideas: Now that you have budgeted and identified your target guests, get some decor ideas to keep up with the latest trends. You can research online on platforms like Pinterest and Instagram, visit your local home stores, read interior magazines and so on.
- Invest In Window Treatments: Choosing the right window treatments can instantly uplift the entire look of your vacation rental. As per your budget, you can invest in curtains, blinds, panels, valances, etc.
- Opt For Good Lighting: Choose energy efficient lighting fixtures as they are eco-friendly and last longer. Keep in mind that the choice of lighting for your vacation rental will make a huge difference in the way your guests perceive it and enjoy their stay. Lighting not only creates an illusion of space but it can also help in illuminating the best parts of your rental with fixtures such as lamps, hanging bulbs and spotlights.
- Provide Comfort: Make sure that the vacation rental is furnished to ensure the comfort of your guests during their stay. Strike the right chord with your guests by furnishing the rental in a way that promotes a feeling of calmness.
- Choose Durable Furniture: The furniture you buy for your vacation rental should be strong, practical and durable. It is advisable to invest in furniture which is difficult to stain, easy to clean, immune to scratches & breakage and more. Also provide ample storage space such as a closet, drawers, clothes rails and more.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental owners in maintaining their property in Corpus Christi, TX. To know more about furnishing your vacation rental, call at (361) 949 – 9050. You can also visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX – 78418.
Preparing vacation rentals in advance helps to ensure that everything a guest requires for a comfortable and memorable stay is available as & when needed.
Following are some tips on what can be done to prepare your vacation rental for guests:
- Prepare A Master List: Prepare a master list to help your guests get accustomed to their new surroundings. The list should comprise of information such as emergency contact numbers, nearby stores, eating joints, property rules, garbage pick-up days and so on.
- Thorough Cleaning: Hire professional cleaners to clean the vacation rental thoroughly. This will give a sparkling new feel to the property that is sure to be appreciated by guests.
- Do Some Touch-Ups: In preparation for your guests, consider doing some minor repairs and touch ups. Also, minor repairs will help you in combating a problem before it exaggerates and save money.
- Upgrade The Bedrooms: Consider replacing torn, faded or worn out bed sheets and pillow cases with new ones. Opt for bed sheets that have a thread count of 400 or higher as these tend to last longer and are much softer. Get rid of flat pillows and replace them with fluffy ones instead. Invest in memory foam toppers for mattresses to lend a plush look to the bedding and add to its comfort.
- Stock The Kitchen: Stock the kitchen with inexpensive dinnerware (preferably matching set) and some cooking tools. You may also place some wine glasses and unbreakable plates in the kitchen.
- Offer Some Cleaning Supplies: Your guests will appreciate some cleaning supplies such as paper towels, cleaning spray, a vacuum cleaner, dust pan, broom, air freshener, etc.
- Offer Some Special Extras: Gestures such as buying your guests a welcome gift make a lot of difference in how they feel. Apart from this, surprise them with exciting knick-knacks when they step into the vacation rental like board games, toys, movies, books, magazines and so on.
- Take Care Of Health And Safety Issues: The preparation phase is a good time to clear the rental of fungus & mold, see that carbon monoxide & smoke detectors are working, check security features, eradicate pests, inspect heating & air conditioning systems and so on.
- Tame The Outdoors: Get rid of dead plants in the lawn and replace them with new ones, pull out the weed, cut the grass, prune trees and so on. Remember that the outdoors will be the first thing that your guests will see on arriving at the vacation rental, so keep it groomed and well-maintained.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental owners in maintaining and renting out their property in North Padre Island. To know more about preparing your vacation rental for guests, call at 361-949-9050 or visit The Rental Management Company 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX-78418.
Packing for a vacation requires thorough consideration. If you are planning a trip in the near future, you may have to tweak the way you pack your stuff.
Following tips may be helpful to pack for a vacation while planning to stay at a vacation rental:
- Do Not Forget Your Chargers And Adapters: Chargers and adaptors should secure the first spot on your packing list as they are susceptible to being forgotten when off to a vacation. Pack them in such a way that they remain compact and easily accessible.
- Pack Your Toiletry Bag: Pack the basics depending on the destination you are traveling to and the limits imposed on how much and what toiletry items you can carry along. The basic items include a toothbrush, paste, floss, comb, deodorant, sunscreen, a bug repellent, bandages, facewash, moisturizer, prescription glasses & medication, allergy medicines, eye drops and so on.
- Throw In Some Laundry Pods And Sponges: If you are planning to stay in a vacation rental, it is advisable to take your cleaning supplies along. These may include kitchen sponges, laundry pods, hypo-allergic detergents if you have kids, and so on.
- Pack Toilet Paper And Plastic Bags: Never forget to pack some rolls of toilet paper, zip locks, trash bags, green bags, sandwich bags and the like. Plastic bags can be helpful for storing snacks, organizing cords, electronics and even packing toiletries.
- Consider Child Safety: If you are travelling with small children, take along safety items such as outlet covers, corner protectors, a no-spill cup, etc. This would be helpful in protecting your child from getting hurt and letting you enjoy your vacation.
- Carry Your Entertainment Along: Even though most vacation rentals provide games, TV and other sources of entertainment, it is advisable to take along your favorites. You can carry your favorite books, video games or magazines that you have been stacking for long but have not had the chance to read.
- Pack Spices And Condiments You Love: Most rentals offer the basic kitchen supplies i.e. salt, chili and pepper. However, if you yearn for a specific spice in your food, do not forget to take along your favorite spices, seasonings, herbs and condiments.
- Carry Some Personalization Items: You can add a touch of personalization to the vacation rental by taking along familiar items like a favorite picture, throw/blanket, pillows, sheets, towels etc.
The Rental Management Company offers well-managed vacation rentals in North Padre Island. To know more, call at (361) 949-9050 or visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX-78418.
Social media presence is non-negotiable for businesses that want to maintain a lead in the ever growing competition. It is now emerging as a prudent platform to advertize vacation rentals on a global scale. Not only social media promotions are cost effective, but also direct right content to the right audience at the right time.
Following are some guidelines that may be helpful for property owners considering to advertize their vacation rentals on social media platforms:
- Goal Setting: The first step for a successful social media campaign is to set measurable goals. It is important to research about your competitors and target audience before defining goals for a campaign. Your goals should be simple and focused towards your target audience.
- Formulate A Social Media Strategy: Once you are clear about your goals, the next step is to plan a strategy to achieve these goals. Your social media strategy should be directed towards creating interesting and captivating content for your target audience.
- Audit The Progress: Test and evaluate the progress of your efforts by creating audience polls, running analytics, getting feedback and more. Use social media analytic tools to study the performance of your social media campaign. The tools let you know how many people viewed your advertizement, which ads are doing better, etc.
- Create Hashtags: For maximum exposure of your property, use hashtags on social media sites like Instagram and Twitter. This will help you get free advertizement in the form of pictures that your guests share on social media sites.
- Share Recommendations: Share recommendations on your social media profiles regarding places to visit near your vacation rental, things to do, nearby restaurants, etc. This will improve the visibility of your vacation rental and attract more travelers.
- Run Ads For Your Vacation Rental: You can run ads for your vacation rental on the social media pages that you have created. These ads should be targeted towards people interested in vacation rentals similar to your property.
- Use Check-In Options: Create a location on Facebook to let your guests “check-in” when they arrive at your vacation rental. This will act as free advertizement by creating awareness about your rental to numerous potential clients.
- Collect Reviews: Encourage your guests to drop reviews about your vacation rental on well-known review platforms as well as on social media platforms like Facebook.
- Best Social Media Platforms: Some of the best social media platforms for advertizing vacation rentals are Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube and more. For best results, choose platforms that are popular with your target audience.
For more information on vacation rentals, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Vacation rentals are the preferred choice for guests looking for an accommodation near a beach. However, owning a vacation home requires a strong maintenance plan for protecting it from environmental factors such as the sun, humidity, sand and more. Mastering the art of maintaining your beach vacation rental is a crucial step to spend less on its upkeep in order to increase your profits.
Following are some tips for maintaining a beach vacation rental:
- Hire A Property Manager: Hire an experienced property manager to maintain your beach vacation rental. Property managers are well-versed with the local regulations and have contacts with local contractors for handling maintenance jobs. They take care of responsibilities such as leasing the vacation rental home, advertizing it, screening and hiring staff for maintenance, dealing with emergencies, scheduling walk-through with prospective tenants, checking in guests and handling payments.
- Set Ground Rules: You can set clear rules that the guests must adhere to while staying at your beach vacation rental in order to ensure that the property remains in good condition for a longer period.
- Choose The Right Flooring: It is important to protect the floor of your vacation rental from damage caused by humidity and water. In addition to setting rules for protecting the floor of your rental, invest in long-lasting flooring materials e.g. sheet vinyl, porcelain tiles, etc. Avoid using hardwood floors and carpets as they get dirty and moist easily.
- Protect The Furniture: Make it a point to cover the furniture with covers when not in use. This protects the furniture from the effects of warm and damp air. Also, ensure proper ventilation to extend the life of furniture in beach houses.
- Weather-proof Your Property: Beach vacation homes are exposed to the effects of the sun, sea, erosion, sand etc. Weather-proofing helps in cutting down maintenance costs by reducing damages due to environmental factors. Use weather-proof paints and finishes, to protect the exteriors of your rental and prevent issues like cracking & peeling.
- Keep It Clean: Formulate a plan to keep your beach vacation rental clean. Consult professional cleaners for thoroughly cleaning the property on a regular basis. When looking for professional cleaners, choose a company with good reviews that offers a wide range of cleaning services at affordable prices. You can also list a few things that the guests should do e.g. keeping the kitchen and bathroom clean.
For more information on vacation rentals, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.