Furnishing your vacation rental tastefully will make it stand out from its competitors and ensure a memorable experience for your guests. A well-furnished vacation rental attracts new guests as well as earn the loyalty of regular guests to reap good reviews.
Following are some tips for furnishing your vacation rental to elevate its appeal:
- Define Your Target Audience: It is easier to furnish a vacation rental when you know the audience you are targeting. The furnishing requirements vary for elderly, students, families, businessmen, etc. Once you have shortlisted your target audience, you can focus on furnishing it as per the requirements of your guests.
- Set A Budget: Before embarking on the process of furnishing your vacation rental, it is important to estimate the cost that will be spent. You should make a list of the things that are necessary to buy as this will prevent purchasing items you already have such as towels, cutlery, bedsheets, etc. Always plan your budget as per retail prices of the furniture and then look for better deals with discounted prices.
- Research On Ideas: Research interior decoration magazines and online resources for decor ideas. This may help in providing an idea of prevailing styles and further be helpful in purchasing furniture items accordingly. You can also check the furnishings of other rentals in the market before choosing a style that may set you apart.
- Invest In Quality Furniture: When furnishing a vacation rental, it is important to buy high quality furniture as there will be a constant influx of visitors. It is advisable to buy durable furniture that is preferably stain resistant and scratch proof. This will eliminate the need to buy new furniture in near future.
- Provide Ample Storage: Storage is an important consideration while furnishing a vacation rental. Guests are likely to stay for a week or more in a vacation rental; thus they will require ample storage space such as closets, drawers, garment rails and so on.
- Play With Lighting: Lighting plays a huge role in building the aura of a space. Perk up the lighting of your vacation rental, with different choices for rooms such as the kitchen, living room, stairway and bathrooms. Use energy efficient lighting options as they are eco-friendly and last longer.
- Keep It Clean, Utilitarian And Simple: Choose a neutral palette for large pieces of furniture. You can also opt for multi-utility furniture that takes less space e.g. sofa beds with storage compartments, bunk beds in kids’ rooms etc. It is advisable to invest in a kitchen island with storage that will double up as a dining table and stock the kitchen with necessary appliances and tableware instead of crowding the space.
For more information on vacation rentals, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.