Vacation rentals are the preferred choice for guests looking for an accommodation near a beach. However, owning a vacation home requires a strong maintenance plan for protecting it from environmental factors such as the sun, humidity, sand and more. Mastering the art of maintaining your beach vacation rental is a crucial step to spend less on its upkeep in order to increase your profits.
Following are some tips for maintaining a beach vacation rental:
- Hire A Property Manager: Hire an experienced property manager to maintain your beach vacation rental. Property managers are well-versed with the local regulations and have contacts with local contractors for handling maintenance jobs. They take care of responsibilities such as leasing the vacation rental home, advertizing it, screening and hiring staff for maintenance, dealing with emergencies, scheduling walk-through with prospective tenants, checking in guests and handling payments.
- Set Ground Rules: You can set clear rules that the guests must adhere to while staying at your beach vacation rental in order to ensure that the property remains in good condition for a longer period.
- Choose The Right Flooring: It is important to protect the floor of your vacation rental from damage caused by humidity and water. In addition to setting rules for protecting the floor of your rental, invest in long-lasting flooring materials e.g. sheet vinyl, porcelain tiles, etc. Avoid using hardwood floors and carpets as they get dirty and moist easily.
- Protect The Furniture: Make it a point to cover the furniture with covers when not in use. This protects the furniture from the effects of warm and damp air. Also, ensure proper ventilation to extend the life of furniture in beach houses.
- Weather-proof Your Property: Beach vacation homes are exposed to the effects of the sun, sea, erosion, sand etc. Weather-proofing helps in cutting down maintenance costs by reducing damages due to environmental factors. Use weather-proof paints and finishes, to protect the exteriors of your rental and prevent issues like cracking & peeling.
- Keep It Clean: Formulate a plan to keep your beach vacation rental clean. Consult professional cleaners for thoroughly cleaning the property on a regular basis. When looking for professional cleaners, choose a company with good reviews that offers a wide range of cleaning services at affordable prices. You can also list a few things that the guests should do e.g. keeping the kitchen and bathroom clean.
For more information on vacation rentals, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.