In order to ensure maximum bookings at a vacation rental, the property owner needs to undertake several responsibilities and duties. Advertizing the property, managing bookings, handling repairs and collecting rent are some of the tasks involved in managing a vacation rental, which require planning, time and efforts.
You can consider hiring the services of a professional property management company, as the staff is familiar with the real estate trends and housing laws to provide complete assistance through the process.
Here are some of the essential tips that can assist in efficiently managing your vacation rental:
- Extensive Marketing: Reaching the right group of audience through the appropriate channels is extremely important. Your rental listing should clearly stand out from the other properties. It is important to convince potential tenants to stay in your property. For this, you should post quality images, create appealing content and mention all the necessary information about the property along with your contact details.
- Price Reasonably: The rent amount that you quote should be appropriate for the type of property, size, location, booking date and amenities offered. Overpricing or underpricing your vacation rental can drive off many potential renters. To determine a suitable price, you can evaluate the current price trends in your area, major upcoming local events, the time of the season etc.
- Provide Amenities: In order to look out for a comfortable stay during the holiday period, vacationers often seek certain essential amenities in a rental home. These may include TV, cable, Wi-Fi, patio, fenced yard, swimming pool, boat/trailer parking, hot tub, elevator, DVD player, beach view etc. You should try and provide most of such amenities in your vacation rental.
- Outsource Maintenance: Keeping the home properly maintained is another important factor to increase its demand in the vacation rental market. However, managing a rental property can be time consuming and difficult if you have another full time job or live far away. Hiring a property management company can ease this responsibility while ensuring maximum occupancy in the home.
We, at The Rental Management Company, provide comprehensive property management services for vacation rentals in Corpus Christi, TX. Our agents strongly believe in quality control to ensure repeat business for your vacation rental. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.
Staging your vacation rental home effectively can have a great impact on the number of bookings you receive. The description and photos you put up in the listing should be able to catch the attention of people searching for a vacation rental. Whether you hire a professional photographer or plan to do it yourself, it is important that you make a great first impression on the potential guests.
Here are some useful tips that can help you stage your vacation rental for maximum booking:
- Keep It Realistic: Apart from certain exceptions like fruit bowls or fresh flowers, you must not put up anything that you are not providing to the tenants. When the guest arrives, all the furniture, furnishings and appliances in the home should be the same as shown in photographs.
- Clean Up The Clutter: Before clicking the photographs, make sure the property is absolutely clean and sparkling. You should wash all the floors and hide garbage cans. Remove all the clutter and unnecessary things from the frame, particularly in the kitchen and bathroom. All your personal stuff such as family pictures, decorative items and any clothes should be removed.
- Pay Attention To Lighting: To perfectly capture your beautifully decorated vacation rental, you must consider the lighting. You can turn on the lamps and open all the shutters or windows to let natural light come in. This will make your rental home look bright and inviting. You can also take a picture of a lit fireplace, if you have one.
- Manage The Property: Seeing crooked photo frames, chaotically arranged curtains or messed up bedding can ward off potential tenants. Although these are minor details, but they are an important indicator of your attitude and professionalism as a landlord.
- Capture Exteriors: The more areas of your vacation home you can display, the more assured a tenant will be while making bookings. In addition to the rooms, you can also provide photos of the lawn, courtyard or the view from the balcony. Make sure that you shoot these areas during evening with low lighting to get the best shot.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can assist you in perfectly staging your vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.
Tenants have different choices when searching for a vacation rental home. The preference can depend on the budget, requirement, amenities or utility. In order to ensure maximum occupancy, property owners must provide certain important features that most tenants seek in a rental home. This will increase the number of tenants catered to and assist in getting a good price for the property.
Some of the common elements in a vacation rental home important for most tenants are:
- Safety: A landlord can enhance the safety of the home by installing quality locks, security doors, CCTV, proper lighting, smoke detectors, etc. These features will keep the tenants safe from burglars as well as incidents such as fire and vandalism.
- Cleanliness: The property owner must ensure that the home is hygienic, well kept, clean and uncluttered. The lawn area should be well landscaped, watered and maintained to attract potential tenants.
- Location: While searching for a vacation rental home the tenants pay a lot of emphasis on the location. Tenants may prefer a particular location due to its proximity to public transport, availability of basic amenities, tourist spots or a beautiful view. Some tenants even pay more for a rental home located right next to the beach. The property owner should try and purchase the rental home close to tourist attractions and highlights of the area.
- Amenities In The Home: Vacation rental homes offering amenities such as fans, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, kitchen appliances etc. are preferred by tenants. The rental home should also have regular water and electricity supply.
- Professional Treatment: The tenants often look for a vacation rental where the dealings are professional and transparent. They expect that the property owner should respect their privacy and give them space. The landlord must also have a professional attitude and attend to any repair or maintenance issues immediately.
The landlord should ensure that the vacation rental home is comfortable, neat and provides the basic amenities. It should have all the facilities to make it a desired property among the renters.
We at, The Rental Management Company, can assist you in efficiently managing and improving your rental home in Corpus Christi, TX. You can contact us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.
Owning a vacation rental home is a profitable business option if you have all year round bookings. A vacant property leads to loss of income, increase in overheads and decreasing profits. Hence, it is necessary to take certain important steps to stay ahead of competition, attract more guests and encourage repeat bookings.
Here are some of tips that can assist in giving a boost to your vacation rental bookings:
- Provide High Quality Photos: In order to attract potential tenants it is important to provide them with quality pictures of your home. Photos will allow the travelers to gain an insight on the maintenance, facilities, amenities and décor of the property. Blurred images or those showing an unorganized house can draw away their interest. Due to the popularity of online bookings, it is imperative to post attractive and high-resolution pictures of your vacation rental home.
- Respond Immediately: Vacation rental owners who take days or even a few hours to respond to customer queries miss many potential tenants. People searching for a vacation rental are usually interested to make immediate reservations. If you do not respond back in time, they might book the next home in the listing. It is essential that you stay approachable throughout the reservation process and answer all queries in time.
- Keep Your Calendar Updated: It is essential to update your property calendar as and when a booking is done. It is very frustrating for travelers to find a great property that has already been booked. If you do not keep your calendar and rates updated, you will receive less inquiries and your listing may go down in search results. Make sure that you always update your booked dates and valid rates for at least a year.
- Accept Online Bookings: Allowing travelers to make instant bookings with the help of online payment options contribute to the success of the vacation rental business. Making online reservations for a vacation rental provides a sense of convenience and protection required in a credit card transaction.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help you efficiently rent your vacation home in Corpus Christi, TX. Our real estate agents will help you create an attractive listing in order to achieve higher conversions and more bookings. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.
A vacation rental offers a home away from home experience, comfortable living, independence and affordable rates. Thus, many vacationers prefer staying in a vacation rental home than a hotel. However, if you own a rental property and would like full occupancy, it is important that you furnish the vacation home, offer essential amenities and provide professional management.
Here are some tips to help you make your property more rentable:
- Have a well-stocked kitchen: The biggest asset of staying in a vacation rental is that it offers a fully equipped kitchen. This eliminates the need to visit a restaurant or hotel everyday and, thus, helps save money. The kitchen should also offer sufficient cookware, serving utensils and other necessary items. You can offer a better experience to the guests by offering extra amenities such as seasonings, spices and sauces.
- Games for kids: The rental home should cater to children and younger guests by providing games, activities or a play area. This will ensure that families also feel welcome and comfortable in your vacation rental.
- Extra bedding: By offering extra bedding, blankets, pillows and duvets the vacation rentals can add to the comfort of the users. If the property is near the beach area you can provide extra towels, towel racks, beach slippers etc.
- More Entertainment: To make the stay entertaining for the residents, you can provide some interesting DVDs. You can also keep some music CDs, magazines and books in the rental that may interest the tourists. You can organize certain board games or sport equipment for the tenants so they feel taken care off.
- Serve something to eat: Although the vacationers can cook on their own you can provide them with inexpensive snacks such as ready to eat food that can be heated in the microwave. By offering bottled water, instant oatmeal packets, granola bar or hot cocoa, you can surely have an edge over other vacation rentals.
- Be approachable: Leave your contact number at the property so that you are contactable if the tenants need some assistance. You can also offer them local information, which will assist in their holiday.
You should make sure that you highlight the extra amenities and facilities that you offer in your brochures or Internet advertizement that you post. You can also consider hiring a professional rental management company to manage the rental property for you.
Vacation rentals are an excellent alternative to hotel rooms as they offer comfort, amenities and are affordable. It provides a home away from home experience and is a preferred option by most vacationers. However, it is essential that you follow the correct steps to book a vacation rental that fits your requirements.
Here are a few things that you must keep in mind for an easy and hassle free vacation rental booking process:
- Determine Your Requirements: The first and foremost thing to do in your rental home search is to decide what exactly you are looking for. Determine if you are looking for a place near the beach, in the middle of the city or away from the hustle and bustle in the outskirts. You should also decide the type of unit you want to rent such as a condominium, apartment, multi family home etc. Assess the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and amenities you would need for a comfortable stay.
- Begin Your Search: Once you have finalized the details, you are ready to begin with your search. Explore the vacation rentals listed online and shortlist those that are within your budget and suitable for your needs. You must be careful while going through each property’s descriptions, reviews, rent and amenities offered. You can also send inquiries to the landlord to confirm availability.
- Compare Properties: After you have all the required information at hand, regarding price, availability, features etc. you can now compare all the shortlisted properties. Make sure you do not hesitate to ask questions from the owner, including the terms and conditions of the rental agreement. You should try to finalize a property that offers the amenities required by you at the most affordable price.
- Finalize The Details: After considering all the options and making your decision you should contact the owner or the property management company to make reservations and finalize other details. You must also request a receipt of payment made and a copy of the lease contract. Also, let them know about the exact details of your check-in and check-out.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can provide you with quality and well maintained vacation rentals in North Padre Island. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.
Summer season is the time when most people plan family vacations and fun outdoor activities. Vacation rental offers a home away from home holiday experience and is sought by many people. However as the owner of a vacation rental it is essential that you provide all amenities to the tenants along with facilities to deal with the summer heat.
In order to maintain a cost effective cool environment in the vacation rental you as the landlord can consider these tips:
- Unplug Electronics: There are a number of electronic items in a household that consume electricity and produce heat when plugged in. If you are renting a furnished apartment, make sure you unplug them, when not in use. This can help you cool down your vacation rental and make it cooler for the tenants to live in.
- Look For Gaps: In order to prevent the cool air from escaping the property, make sure you do not have any open spaces between the doors and windows. Closing these gaps using a draft stopper can be an effective way to keep your rental home cool. It will also reduce the burden on your air conditioner, thus, lowering the utility bills.
- Install Fluorescent Lighting: Traditional incandescent light bulbs produce a lot of heat. To prevent your home from getting excessively heated in summers, try switching the lighting to compact fluorescent. Besides keeping your vacation rental home cool, it will also consume less energy and lower your electricity costs.
- Decorate With Plants: This is the most natural and cost-effective way to keep your rental home cool. Installing air conditioners in the shade of plants makes it function more efficiently and consume less energy.
- Fans And Dehumidifiers: Installing a dehumidifier in your vacation rental can help to remove the excess moisture from a room. You can also install fans and air conditioners to aid in dealing with summer heat.
- Insulated Curtains: These can help to maintain a constant temperature by preventing hot rays from entering your home. If you have installed window blinds, make sure you keep them closed when you are not at home. Direct sunrays entering a room increases the temperature and cause the property to warm up.
To book a vacation rental home this summer, contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.
Everyone loves a good relaxing holiday, but finding a perfect place to stay is a tedious job. A vacation rental is a better alternative to a hotel room as it adds a homely touch to the entire experience. However, timely efforts should be put in to find a perfect rental home for one’s vacation.
Things to keep in mind when looking for a rental home:
- Booking in advance: First and foremost, it is important to start the search for a rental home early. During a busy season, it can become difficult to book an ideal home because of its soaring demand. So the home should be booked well before vacation time to grab a good deal.
- Exploring best deals: A thorough search should be done to find the cheapest deal available in the market. You can contact landlords to discuss details about the price and amenities offered at the vacation rental.
- Location of the rental home: One should be clear about what he wants before booking a rental home. The location of the vacation rental should be finalized after considering its proximity to tourist spots or a secluded area, depending on your preference.
- Finding out all about the place and its owner: It is advisable to know everything about the rental home and its surroundings. You should try and be fully informed about the owner of the premises, like his previous dealings and reputation in the market. You can consider contacting the owner and inquiring about the place before signing the deal.
- Check for the amenities provided: The vacation rental home should be able to fulfill the specific needs of the tenant. It may be the provision of a kitchen, a swimming pool or a terrace with outdoor sitting. These things should be kept in mind while looking for a rental home.
- Policies of the vacation home: You should diligently read all the terms of the contract including pet policy, duration of the stay, property maintenance, any additional prices for some services provided etc. You must communicate and discuss all queries with the landlord prior to signing the contract to avoid hassles during the stay.
Keeping these things in mind you can enjoy a stress free vacation while having comfort and security similar to your own home.
We, at The Rental Management Company provide a wide range of vacation rental properties in Corpus Christi, TX. For more details, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050.
The vacation rental business has become increasingly popular in the recent years. More and more people are looking forward to find an affordable yet quality accommodation during their vacations. If you own a vacation home in Corpus Christi, you too can turn it into a profitable venture by following certain practical renting guidelines.
Read on to know some of the important tips that can help you rent out your vacation home in Corpus Christi:
- Regularly Evaluate Your Marketing Strategy: The first and foremost prerequisite to rent your vacation home is to develop a functional marketing strategy and update it regularly. Look for credible websites to list your property along with complete details of its location, amenities, special features, occupancy, pet policy etc. You can also provide photographs to draw the attention of more people. Also make sure that you regularly evaluate the results of your advertizing campaign.
- Create A Professional Booking System: Most people avoid booking a privately owned vacation home online as they are suspicious of the reservation systems. To avoid this, it is essential that you create a professional system providing a well framed rental agreement and an acknowledgement of the payment to the tenants.
- Offer A Competitive Rental Rate: People usually compare almost dozens of similar vacation homes before making any decision. They browse through multiple listings, compare amenities and check out reviews to pick the best available property. Pricing your rental home too high or too low could possibly disinterest people. Always evaluate the current market trends and the price quoted by other similar homes to determine the appropriate rent for your property.
- Always Be Responsive: Even if you are booked for the season, it is possible that you still receive queries for availability or other related information. It is important to remain as responsive always as you are at the beginning of the holiday season. This will make people perceive you as a responsible landlord and are more likely to remember your property.
- Stage The Home Effectively: The critical aspect of staying ahead of your competitors is to make people love your vacation home. This can be done by applying effective staging techniques to highlight the positive aspects of your property. If you are adding some value for money facilities for your tenants, make sure you present them right at the top of the list.
For more tips on renting your vacation home in Corpus Christi, contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rental homes have gained immense popularity over the traditional hotel rooms when it comes to vacations in Corpus Christi, TX. Lodging usually consumes one of the largest chunks of your complete holiday budget and most wise travelers want to make sure that every single dollar is spent judiciously. Thus, they prefer to go for affordable vacation rental homes situated in the prime locations of Corpus Christi.
To make your holiday experience memorable, here are some important questions that you must ask the landlord before booking a vacation rental:
- Location: Make sure that you inquire about the specifics of the rental home’s location. Ask the landlord if the home offers a sea view, how far the beach is from the home and if there is a street that you need to cross to get to the sea. Besides, you must also ask how far the main tourist attractions from the home are.
- Occupancy: Make it a point to ask for details about the number of people that the vacation home can easily accommodate. Inquire about the size of each bedroom, bathrooms and kitchen. This will help you determine whether the home would be suitable to your specific needs or not.
- Child Friendly: If you are going to have a child along with you during the holiday, you must look for a home that has a suitable design. Ask the landlord if there are enough security arrangements to ensure the safety of the child.
- Amenities: Be explicit to ask if the amenities mentioned in the listing would be provided or not. If yes, then insist on getting everything in written. Ask which electronic appliances and gadgets in the home would they allow to be used. Also inquire in detail about the provision of toiletries, linens, towels, kitchenware and other essential items that you may need on a daily basis.
- Cancellation Policy and Fees: This is also an important thing to be cleared out before booking a vacation rental home. Every landlord might have a different set of policies regarding cancellation and money refund. Ask the landlord if there are any charges levied if you cancel the booking and in how many days will the money be refunded.
If you are looking for quality and well-maintained vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi, contact The Rental Management Company. We have access to a number of available properties across the city. For more details, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050.