Staging your vacation rental home effectively can have a great impact on the number of bookings you receive. The description and photos you put up in the listing should be able to catch the attention of people searching for a vacation rental. Whether you hire a professional photographer or plan to do it yourself, it is important that you make a great first impression on the potential guests.
Here are some useful tips that can help you stage your vacation rental for maximum booking:
- Keep It Realistic: Apart from certain exceptions like fruit bowls or fresh flowers, you must not put up anything that you are not providing to the tenants. When the guest arrives, all the furniture, furnishings and appliances in the home should be the same as shown in photographs.
- Clean Up The Clutter: Before clicking the photographs, make sure the property is absolutely clean and sparkling. You should wash all the floors and hide garbage cans. Remove all the clutter and unnecessary things from the frame, particularly in the kitchen and bathroom. All your personal stuff such as family pictures, decorative items and any clothes should be removed.
- Pay Attention To Lighting: To perfectly capture your beautifully decorated vacation rental, you must consider the lighting. You can turn on the lamps and open all the shutters or windows to let natural light come in. This will make your rental home look bright and inviting. You can also take a picture of a lit fireplace, if you have one.
- Manage The Property: Seeing crooked photo frames, chaotically arranged curtains or messed up bedding can ward off potential tenants. Although these are minor details, but they are an important indicator of your attitude and professionalism as a landlord.
- Capture Exteriors: The more areas of your vacation home you can display, the more assured a tenant will be while making bookings. In addition to the rooms, you can also provide photos of the lawn, courtyard or the view from the balcony. Make sure that you shoot these areas during evening with low lighting to get the best shot.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can assist you in perfectly staging your vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.