Renting your vacation home during the winter months can be a difficult task. However, with prior preparation you can attract potential tenants to your home. There are a number of families who love to travel even during the winter season in order to take a short break from the routine life. So, you need to make your vacation home exemplary for them.
Here are some tips that can make your vacation rental appealing to the tenants.
- Effective marketing is a must: When advertizing your rental home, make sure you include high quality pictures and catchy descriptions in order to attract the attention of people. Apart from this, add some photos of your property clicked during the summer and winter season.
- Give off-season discounts: People expect attractive discounts on rental home stays during the winter season. You can present special packages for large traveler groups or long-term tenants. For instance you can offer a ‘Get one night free on three nights’ deal. Also, you have the option to cut down on the rent significantly to make you home appealing to the potential tenants.
- Reduce the minimum stay time: You must not limit your minimum stay to one week. This will keep the potential renters away from your home. Let them decide the amount of time they want to stay.
- Add winter features to your home: You need to spend some amount of money to upgrade your vacation rental for the winter season. You can add features such as a hot tub, sauna or a fireplace. Adding these facilities will significantly increase your bookings in the winter months. Add elements to your rental home that complement the winter season. For instance, you can put up a Christmas tree and lay out a selection of seasonal DVDs.
- Make arrangement in case of snow: Your vacation property should be equipped with a snow shovel, ice melt and a windshield ice scraper. Your tenants should have a pleasant stay in case it snows in your area. Also, you should stack up food items in your home because bad weather can compel renters to stay inside. Have an extra set of movie DVDs and books to keep the tenants engaged.
For more tips on renting your vacation rental home for winters, contact The Rental Management Company. For details, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.