Tourists are now opting for rental homes over hotels for their vacations as they provide more space, independence, privacy and also turn out to be economical. While there may be many options to choose from, there are some questions one may ask to make an informed decision:
- Confirm location: When you are selecting the vacation home, make sure you just do not rely on the map. Call up the owners and ask vital questions like access to beach, is it in the heart of the town, is it as close to the public transport as mentioned in the brochure etc. These things will help you plan your itinerary in a more efficient manner.
- Cancellation policy: This makes more sense for vacation homes as hotels have clearly laid out cancellation policies. If an emergency crops up, you must be sure the time frame within which you can cancel your booking so your deposit can be refunded.
- Access to amenities: Check beforehand what all amenities, equipment and facilities you can use during your stay. Access to swimming pool, patio and terrace must be provided so you can have a relaxing stay. Also ask if there are baby cots or beach equipment already present in the home, so that you can pack accordingly.
- Housekeeping: Check how often the property is cleaned. Make sure the housekeeping charges are included in the rent payment. Particularly when traveling with kids, ensure that hygiene of the place is being taken care of.
- Check surroundings: You may also check the tourist attractions and amenities available near the rental home. For instance, you should check if there are shops, restaurants, shopping malls etc. accessible from the home.
- Emergency contacts: You must know whom to call and what to do in case of any emergency. The numbers should all be in place so that the owner can be immediately informed if there is an urgent need.
- Is the place child and pet friendly: Ensure that the owner of the vacation home allows pets if you are planning to take one. Also check if the place is child proof. For instance, if there is a staircase, pool or expensive breakable items then they must be flagged beforehand to avoid causing any damage to the property.
- Extra perks: Check if there is a gym inside the home which you can use or there is a facility of sauna or hot tub. Ask for additional amenities that the owner may be willing to provide to make your stay more comfortable.Renting a vacation home can be a good experience if you have done your homework right. If you are looking for a vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX, feel free to contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.