Owning a vacation rental can be a profitable investment if you are able to attract quality tenants. However, renting out your property during the slack season may be a tough task due to the less number of travelers and more accommodation options available. Following certain tips and tricks can help you in reaping maximum profits even during the off-season. Some of these are:
- Cut Down On Price: Attracting tourists during off-season require offering them quality accommodation at reasonable price. As most rental homes and hotel rooms are available during this time, you need to set a competitive price in order to receive maximum bookings.
- No Minimum Stay: You must reduce the limits on the minimum stay requirement, if any. By allowing people to stay for a weekend or even a night, you can easily cash in on budget travelers during the off-season.
- Offer Specials: You must provide certain discounts or give away certain freebies to attract potential tenants. Giving the option of a late check out or complimentary meal may also appeal to people looking for a bargain.
- Maintain relations with local businesses: You can also team up with local businesses to increase the occupancy. You can collaborate with restaurants, resorts, parks and theaters to offer certain perks to your guests.
- Advertizement: It is essential to efficiently market the property during the off-season. You should pay attention to the amenities, descriptions and images highlighting the features relevant to the weather conditions.
- Make the property kid friendly: Investing in a high chair or a crib and providing child friendly amenities will also attract families to your property, regardless of the season. Having a low-depth swimming pool, indoor recreation options, video games, swing set can also increase the demand for your vacation rental home.
- Add Amenities: You can consider adding a hot tub, air conditioner, fireplace or an indoor swimming pool depending on the weather conditions and the location of the vacation rental. These extra features can encourage travelers to book your rental property.
- Contact repeat guests: You can get in touch with your prior guests and offer them with special discounts or a free night stay. You can also provide them discounted rates for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries as a mark of appreciation for their loyalty.
- Allow pets: You can consider making the rental property pet friendly to attract travelers with pets. However, you can provide specific instructions regarding the type of pet allowed and the levels of cleanliness expected.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help to rent out your vacation home in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.