A lot of vacationers are looking for homes to rent out when they are on a holiday. Hence, many homeowners in Corpus Christi, Texas have started to turn their properties into vacation homes where tourists can stay comfortably, experience the local culture and get at-home feel. If you have decided to rent your home to the vacationers, it is necessary that you be prepared well before you start inviting guests.
Following are some tips to bear in mind:
- Click good pictures: Get professional pictures clicked before you start marketing your vacation rental property. This helps in attracting good renters and increasing the demand of your property in the rental market.
- Invest in marketing: Advertize your property well. There are many online and offline options to do so and one must explore all possibilities. Provide a detailed description about the type, size and location of your property. Also mention any specific terms and conditions that you may have.
- List down the amenities you will provide: Be upfront on all the amenities that you will provide in your home. These may include number of bedrooms, bathrooms, seating options, laundry etc.
- Highlight local attractions: Mention the major tourist spots in the city and their approximate distance as well as travel time from your home. Also, provide a fair idea about the location of the house and the basic amenities nearby, such as a shopping mall, park, grocery store, pharmacy etc.
- Ask for special needs: At the time of completing their bookings, ask your guests if they have any special needs. You should know if they are traveling with old people, children or pets so that you can make the required arrangements. If there is some requests that you cannot fulfill, mention them beforehand.
- Keep valuables away: It is advised that you stow away all valuables or breakable items. This is important if you have rented the property to tenants with kids. You may also make note of any such items so your guests take care during their stay.
- Check all appliances: When the guests are due to arrive, check the condition of all electronic appliances that you have provided in the house. Get all the necessary repairs and upkeep done so that the tenants do not face any trouble.
- Insist on cleanliness: Hire professionals to periodically keep the home clean. The toilets, garden, porch area, kitchen should all be clean so your guests can have a good time.
People who will be staying in your property will be in a holiday mood and thus it is the homeowners’ responsibility to make their experiences worthwhile. You can consult a real estate agent in the Corpus Christi region who can help you prepare your home and also list it for marketing on your behalf.
For more information, contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.