Property owners need to ensure that swimming pools are properly taken care of and maintained during winters for a pleasant opening as the weather warms up. Taking out time for the maintenance of a swimming pool during winters keeps it in prime condition and also saves on unwanted expenses.
Here are some pro-approved tips for winter maintenance of swimming pools:
1. Start Early
Winterizing the pool at least a week before closing it down is ideal. Clean it up thoroughly. Get it scrubbed and vacuumed. Ensure its filters are properly cleaned and free from grease and oil. A good tip would be to use a phosphate remover to keep a check on algae build up. It is advisable to get the pool cleaned by a professional for best results.
2. Chorine Shock Treatment
When not in use, a swimming pool should be subjected to a chlorine shock treatment periodically. However, be careful not to over chlorinate as this can spoil the pool lining. It is best to get professional help. A chlorine shock prevents the formation of chloramines which are notorious for causing eye irritation and breathing problems. It also prevents a green and sludgy look when you open it during spring.
3. Water Level
Maintaining the right water level in the swimming pool is crucial. The right water level depends on the temperature in your area and type of lining in your pool. For those who live in freezing climates, and have plastic lined pools, a water level of 4-6 inches below the tile line is ideal. For pools with a vinyl lining, the level of water should be 4-6 inches under the skimmer. However, if you live in a place that does not freeze, your pool should remain filled to the top in winters.
4. Pool Chemistry
Invest in a kit to check the chemical composition of your pool. A chemically balanced pool is a clean pool.
Chemically balancing a pool before closing it down ensures there is no formation of algae, bacteria, and unsightly water lines. It is recommended to check the pool chemistry when not being used. Use an enzyme product to prevent non-living contamination and waterline rings.
5. Pool Cover
The last step in maintaining a swimming pool in winters is to securely cover it with a pool cover. Help the cover stay secure with water bags or water blocks. It is also important to keep the pool cover clean so that no debris in the form of snow, standing water and leaves get into the pool. A pool cover also protects it from winter precipitation. In places that don’t freeze, you can place a leaf net over the pool cover and empty it regularly.
For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Vacation rental homes are the latest craze amongst travellers. People love the fact that they get more space without spending a fortune. There is more privacy and also a choice to extend the stay. Whatever the occasion, there’s a perfect rental for you.
A vacation rental which is spacious, clean, well lit and tidy is sure to feel more like home. Half the battle is won with smart storage solutions. The more the storage, the better and organized the vacation rental will look. Here are some clever storage ideas that can be used to create more space in your vacation rental.
Store Beneath – Creating storage space under things like beds and sinks is a smart choice. You can have wheel boxes, bed risers, and drawers under the beds so that people who stay there can have extra space for storing their clothes and beddings. Shoe organizers under the bed are a great storage idea for shoes. Also, be creative with shelves and cabinets under sinks in the bathroom or kitchen.
Store above – The spaces above cabinets are great for appliances and delicate stuff. Keep a crate lined with a beautiful cloth, on top of a cabinet and store stuff in it. Ceiling racks can be used for hanging pots and pans. In bathrooms, fix shelves above the toilet and there you get ample space to keep and store accessories that you provide your clients.
Behind doors – Make the space behind the door ideal for hanging extra clothes, shoes, makeup, styling equipment, towels etc. Invest in racks that can be hung on the doors and can be used to hold things. Hang shoe bags that are ideal for storing shoes behind the doors.
Walls – One might wonder how walls can be used for storage, but they are infact great for utilizing space. Removable hooks can be fixed on walls to hold both heavy and light weight items. They can be used in kitchens as well for hanging utensils, or in bathrooms for towels. You can even use them on closet walls for small items like belts and scarves.
Smart furniture – In times of smart televisions and smartphones, we have smart furniture too, but it is smart in a different way. Wall beds, sofa beds, coffee cum dining tables are some examples of such furniture. Invest in such furniture as it helps your vacation rental look more organized and spacious. This type of furniture is easily convertible and is made keeping in mind the space and storage options.
Every vacation rental owner wants his business to be successful and ensure that the guests have a pleasant stay. As a first-time vacation rental owner, you might be worried about the security aspect of your vacation home. Before any inquiries or bookings start happening, it is imperative to take requisite security measures so as to keep your rental safe.
Some of the security tips that you can apply as a first-time vacation rental owner are listed below:
- Maintain the yard: It is essential to keep the yard clean all the time to give an appearance that guests are living in your vacation rental. Therefore, mow the grass regularly, trim the shrubs, clean the driveway and plant fresh flowers. Apart from this, you also need to make sure that your mailbox does not get full. Pick up all the flyers and advertizing pamphlets left on the front porch.
- Have a secure locking system: Being a vacation rental owner, you must invest in a hi-tech locking system for enhanced safety of your property. Also, double-check if all the doors and windows are locked properly. Never leave an extra key at a place near the front door or in a corner of the yard. Instead, buy a lock box or hand over the extra pair of keys to a trustworthy neighbor.
- Switch on the lights: Install motion sensor lights so that your vacation rental is never plunged into complete darkness. You can also set your home’s lights on a timer to ensure that there is some brightness all the time. Long hours without any light can give the thieves a place to hide easily.
- Take a neighbor’s help: Apart from installing good quality outdoor cameras, it is important to get in touch with a neighbor who can help you regarding the safety your vacation rental. Ask him to inform you whenever he sees something suspicious. Always provide your contact number to the neighbors so that they can contact you if any emergency situation arises in the vacation rental.
- Advertize smartly: Always advertize your vacation rental on trustworthy websites instead of putting up “Vacancy” or “For Rent” signs outside the property. Also, do not put up very detailed photos online as your house number or other vital information can be detrimental for the safety of your property.
It is essential to give the guests a detailed manual that enlists the working of the alarm system installed in your vacation rental. Also, provide your guests with a safe along with a key code so that they can securely put in their valuables over there. You can even talk to them personally and state the importance of locking all the doors and windows whenever they venture out.
Vacation rentals provide fully-equipped kitchens and this is one of the major factors that these properties attract holiday-goers. Therefore, having a well-stocked kitchen in your rental home will ensure the success of your vacation rental and keep the guests coming in regularly.
- Cleanliness Is Important: The first rule is to have a clean kitchen with fully functional appliances. Maintain all your appliances to provide a good experience to your guests. Check everything right from microwave and refrigerator to dishwasher and toaster, to see that all of them are working perfectly. Clean all the dishes before the renters arrive and ensure that the cook-top looks spotless. You can also include smaller appliances like knives, tea kettle etc.
- Provide The Kitchen Tools: It is imperative to provide your renters with the requisite kitchen tools so that they can easily put together the meals of their choice. Stack your drawers with cooking utensils such as pots and pans in multiple sizes. Apart from this, you also need to have enough spatulas, ladles and cooking spoons. Specialty items such as pasta machine or ravioli molds are not required.
- Have A Well-Stocked Pantry: Essential pantry items such as salt, pepper, common spices, sugar, coffee, cooking oil etc. should be kept in the kitchen. Don’t go overboard because the pantry list is never-ending and you cannot have everything. The other supplies can be easily arranged by the vacation renters as and when they require them.
- Pay Attention To Dishes And Cutlery: It is important that your guests don’t fall short of plates, bowls, spoons, forks and other cutlery items. Have extra serving bowls, cups and dishes to make your guests comfortable. You can also have a good collection of glasses, mugs and wine glasses. Stock on paper plates too as they come in handy when your guests want to enjoy a picnic near the vacation rental.
- Have Sufficient Cleaning Supplies: Cleaning up the kitchen requires essential supplies such as dish-washing detergent, paper towels, hand soaps etc. You can also keep special wipes that are useful for cleaning the stove top and counter spaces. You can also make an effort to have an emergency kit that consists of canned food and flashlights for your guests.
- Provide Materials To Avoid Food Wastage: Edible food needs to be stored well so that it does not go waste. Therefore, ensure that your refrigerator is in good working condition. Also, don’t forget to stack your kitchen with essential items such as cling wraps, aluminum foils and sandwich bags.
If you are planning a vacation in Corpus Christi, contact us at The Rental Management Company to book fully equipped rental home in the city. You can browse our online listing at http://www.rentalmgmt.com/