The city of Corpus Christi draws many tourists throughout the year. No matter if the weather is cold or hot, people always find a reason to enjoy a getaway at this place. However, as a vacation home owner, you need to prepare your property well for the potential tenants. You can install heaters, insulate the home and add some essential amenities to keep the house warm and cozy.
While marketing your rental home during winters, these add-on features can be highlighted in order to attract potential tenants.
Listed below are a few tips which can help to keep your rental home warm this winter:
Install Baseboard Heaters:
Installing baseboard heaters in your vacation rental will help to maintain its temperature. To save on electricity bills, you can use energy-efficient models. Plug-in heaters are a better option as they can be easily carried from one room to another.
Insulate The Attic:
It is important to insulate the attic in winters. For this, you can use non-fiberglass insulation batts. It is the most cost-effective method to keep your attic warm during this season. It can also help to enhance the curb appeal of the property.
Change Your Bedding:
To increase the comfort level in winters, you should replace the regular airy linens with wool mattress. It will provide insulation and increase the warmth in the rooms. You can even purchase microfiber sheets or comforters for your rooms. Don’t forget to provide extra blankets to your guests.
Swap Some Summer Shades:
You can add a cozy touch to your home by replacing the summer shades with Bamboo shades. You can also use honey comb or cellular shades. If you use curtains, make sure they are thick enough to provide insulation to the room.
Get Your Fireplace Going:
A fireplace is definitely an icing on the cake. Almost every tenant would expect to have it during their stay at the vacation home. If you don’t have a built-in fireplace, you can install a gas or electric fireplace to increase the warmth. Electric fireplace requires less maintenance and is a cost effective option.
Accessorize Your Home
To accentuate the look of your vacation rental home you can add accessories such as pressed foliage and pinecones. You can even replace the lighting in your home. You can add a radiant light bulb in the exterior of your home. Candle light can also help to provide relaxation to mind and enhance the visual appearance of the house.
Hot Tub Prep
Having a hot tub facility in your vacation rental home can definitely increase the chances of renting it out faster. Make sure you set the right temperature of the water. This can be a great source of relaxation for the guests.
Install Storm Windows:
You can install storm windows to protect your guests from harsh weather conditions. These windows help in reducing air gap, thus increasing insulation. They also lower energy bills and provide a comfortable stay to the guests.
Open Your Faucets And Drain All Water Lines:
Make sure you drain all the water from faucets or pipes. This can help can help to prevent the water pipes from freezing. The outer faucets should also be cleared to ensure efficient water supply even in winters.
Make The Experience Pleasant:
You can make the renting experience of your guests pleasant by providing snow shovel or ice scraper. This can help to make their stay comfortable even in snow. You can even install a gas line for the convenience of the guests. It can also help to save your energy bills.
These tips can surely help to prepare your vacation rental home for winters and reduce the number of vacancy cycles. You can even hire a property management company to help you winterize your home in a better way.
We, at The Rental Management Company, provide quality vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Many people today are on the lookout for exotic places where they can spend some quality time. No wonder they are looking forward to vacation homes in this regard which include Single-Family Homes, Condominiums, Townhouses etc. This has led to a spiraling increase in their demand. If you are also looking for a vacation rental home, consider the following points before going ahead:
Begin Your Search Early
The prerequisite for any trip would be to book a trip in advance so that you do not have to face any hassles of availability. Determine the place you would like to stay in, one near a beach or that lies in the heart of the city. It would be a wise decision not to opt for the peak season as it may involve unnecessary expenses. At the same time, a person who does not like crowded places should definitely go in for the lean season to enjoy fully. You should preferably try to book the place at least six months in advance to get the best possible deals. Some people even believe in booking a year before. While this may seem excessive, keep in mind that vacation rentals usually book up fast.
Consider Online Property Listings
You can try looking for vacation homes on different websites. As people seek more vacation homes, they have increased the profitability of such places. With this, there has been a rapid explosion in the upcoming of numerous websites which offer you every kind of information you desire. They contain an exhaustive list of available properties. You can visit all of them, have a look at the rental homes the facilities they provide, the prices charged and then finally decide which home to finalize.
Read The Whole Rental Agreement
Unfortunately, most people often overlook the importance of the rental agreement which highlights the payment schedule as well as the liabilities to be paid in case of any damage. Make sure you check if there are any additional charges for internet, cable, phone service etc. Also be aware of the landlord’s policies regarding pets and subleasing. It is recommended to consider having the agreement paper looked over by a licensed attorney you trust once before signing it.
Read Guest Reviews
With the growing popularity of the internet, reading experiences of people online has become quite a norm. In fact it is quite important as there is an element of trust in it. Sometimes people will go the extra mile for price if the reviews are outstanding or worth considering. Positive reviews definitely push up the place you are looking for at the top of your wish list. You are sure to make the right decision if you consider doing this.
Apart from the above mentioned things, it is also recommended to keep a track of the following:
- Always consider payment options when booking your vacation home. Paying by credit card vs. cash or check is the best way to go, because it’s the most convenient form of making transactions.
- Seasonal rentals may require a large security deposit. Don’t forget to factor this into your budget. Also, be aware of the process by which your deposit will be returned.
- Do take care of the housekeeping situation. Find out what the schedule is and who is responsible for the bill. You must also know how the property must be returned in for your security deposit to be refunded.
- Make sure to get the contact number of your owner or landlord before beginning to enjoy your vacation.
A thorough and advanced planning can ensure a fun-filled as well as affordable holiday. Just make sure to follow the above mentioned tips and you can kick start your vacation comfortably!
The holiday season is round the corner and many of us have already started making plans on how to spend the vacations in the best possible way. When planning a vacation, we try to make plans that help us spend less and enjoy more i.e. we try to get the most out of the least. When you want more fun while being easy on your pocket, vacation homes can come to the rescue.
Depending on your budget, you can choose from a wide range of vacation rental properties – villas, condos, cabins, beach houses etc. These homes are not only cheaper than hotels but are also no less when it comes to comfort and luxury. Vacation homes have recently gained a lot of popularity. The growing rage for tourism in Corpus Christi, TX and with more people looking for a private, comfortable stay, the idea of a vacation home is being deeply appreciated.
Let’s take a tour through the various benefits of a vacation home:
- Saves money: A vacation rental home is bigger than a hotel room. It is the best refuge for students who wish to go on vacation but have limited pocket money. They can share one vacation home and hence more people will divide the rental expenses. It is also conducive for large families or two or more couples going for vacations.
- Provides more space: People planning a family trip can get more benefits by choosing a vacation home over a hotel room. A rental home is cheaper. Parents can allot separate rooms to their children and get more privacy for themselves. No more fights for beds and TVs!
- Easily available: Just like a hotel, you can easily book vacation rentals online. The process is easy and allows you to make payments online as well. A number of websites offer online listing of rental properties along with high quality pictures and virtual tours. You can shortlist and book a vacation rental through any of these.
- Comes with loads of comfort: Nothing is better than a home-like experience, away from home. Vacation homes are loaded with amenities such as washers/dryers, fully stacked kitchens, cable TV, Wi-Fi, hot baths, fireplace, terrace, deck, swimming pool etc. One may not have to think twice when opting for such a retreat at reasonable price.
- More privacy: Couples with children no longer have to share the room. Hence, more private and cozy moments together. Another reason is that homes provide less interference by the neighbors.
- No more eating out at expensive outlets: Instead of dining out and spending hefty amounts, you can spend a movie night at home and cook your own dinner. It is cheaper and you can eat in your pajamas.
- Midnight hunger pangs solved: Midnight snacking gets easier when you stay in a vacation rental home. With a kitchen loaded with food, you can have popcorns, a sandwich or anything you like. The luxury of bed tea or the morning coffee is the gift of vacation homes.
- Laundry made easy: Since you are going to live in a home, laundry problems are sorted. These homes come with washer and dryer. So you no longer have to spend heavy amounts on your laundry. All you need is dirty clothes and a detergent, and you are done. It is one reason for you to pack less, save time and money.
- Allows pets: The one relief for pet owners while renting a vacation home is that it is open to bringing your pets along. Now you can take your pet on a beach stroll and not worry about him being alone or sad in the kennel.
- Firsthand experience with the local life: This is by far the best and the most reasonable excuse for choosing a vacation home over a hotel. While hotels provide you with a more or less similar experience over the globe, a vacation home will give you a raw taste of the local life. You can mix well with the culture and feel more welcomed in the new surroundings.
- No worry about the extras: Vacation homes come with a parking space and allow you to park your car safely without any parking tickets. No payment for the extra maintenance as well. You get to clean your car and burn calories side by side.
If you are planning a trip to Corpus Christi, contact The Rental Management Company to find the best vacation rental property. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.
A vacation rental home can be a great accommodation option for the guests. Showcasing its best features can help to attract potential tenants and increase the bookings. It can also help you to stay ahead of the competition and reap maximum profits from the rental income. However, you need to follow certain tips to advertize your vacation rental home and reduce the number of vacancy cycles.
Listed below are some tips which can help to promote your vacation rental’s best features:
- Select the best features: The foremost step is to choose the features of your home that you want to highlight. It can be your bedroom, dining room, living room or the patio area. Make sure your home is visually appealing to potential tenants.
- Prepare your property: Make sure your property is well maintained and clean. Depersonalize it and remove all the clutter. This can help to augment the value of your property. You can also add stylish furniture and accessories to accentuate the look of your vacation home as well as entice potential tenants towards it.
- Make use of photos: Click high quality pictures that emphasize prominent features of your property. You can post the photos in online search listings to advertize your property in a better way. You can also post walk through videos or virtual tours of your home.
- Give detailed descriptions: You can give details about your vacation rental home in the MLS listing. It should include important information regarding the location, number of bedrooms, type of property, amenities offered, proximity to tourist attractions etc. This will give the potential tenants a better idea about your home and improve the chances of renting it faster.
- Professional assistance: You can also seek professional assistance to advertize your property. The agents will evaluate your requirements and use efficient techniques to promote the best features of your vacation rental home.
- Social media: You can market your property through various social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. to attract maximum guests towards your property. It is a good medium to promote your rental property.
You can also use classifieds, email newsletters and signage to advertize your property. These are some commonly used techniques which can help to increase occupancy for your vacation home.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help you advertize your vacation rental home in a better way. For more information, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Over the years, vacation rentals have become the preferred choice for travelers in Corpus Christi, TX. These properties offer a holiday experience that is entirely different from regular hotels. They are a home away from home for families vacationing together. Given below are a few reasons why guests prefer staying at vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi:
- Increased flexibility: Travelers are now more interested in opting for vacation rentals due to the extensive amenities offered in these homes. Washer/dryer, a fully equipped kitchen, TV swimming pool etc. are some of the conveniences you can enjoy at a vacation property.
- More spacious: Guests can have the benefit of staying in a spacious property when they choose to spend their holidays in a vacation rental. Each traveler can have a personal space where he can unwind after exploring the local attractions all day long.
- Do not compromise on privacy: Vacation rentals provide complete privacy and you can have separate rooms for all the members of your family along with individual bathrooms. Kids can have their own space to play games or sleep. All these facilities can be obtained at a nominal price as compared to what you might have to pay at a hotel.
- Offers local experience: Living in a vacation rental offers a local vacationing experience while this is not the case when you live in a hotel. If you want to understand the local culture and live like a localite in Corpus Christi, a vacation rental is the best option. You can even cook for yourself local ingredients which is a great experience to cherish.
- Provides extra security: When you are staying in a vacation rental, you do not have to worry about the staff coming to your room to clean it or restock the supplies every day. Only you will have the keys to the home and only the property management team will visit in case you have any repair or maintenance issue arises. Vacation rental owners provide specialized services to make their guests feel completely comfortable and at ease all the time.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help you find the perfect vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, feel free to call us at (361) 949 – 9050.
If you are planning to book a vacation rental home for your next holiday in Corpus Christi, TX, there may be a lot of questions popping up in your mind. Even though the concept of renting an inexpensive accommodation may seem to be enticing, lack of sufficient knowledge may hold you back from finalizing the bookings.
Given below are answers to some of the frequently asked questions about vacation rental homes:
How do I find the right vacation home?
You can browse the online vacation rental listings to find a suitable property. Streamline your search on the basis of location of the home, amenities provided, number of occupants, pet policy etc. If you are traveling with kids, look for properties that offer the relevant amenities like swing set, crib, high chair, bath tub, stair gates etc. Make sure you cross check the availability of the vacation rental home during your travel dates.
How do I make a reservation?
Booking a vacation rental home is secure and convenient. You can either make the reservation online or by directly contacting the property management company. View the photos of the property and check the descriptions prior to booking, making sure that it perfectly accommodates your needs. You may need to pay a refundable security deposit or the entire rent at the time of booking.
What are the cancellation policies?
In case you want to cancel your vacation rental booking, a percentage of your initial deposit will be credited to your account. The fee deducted may depend upon the duration of the stay, notice period for cancellation or any other terms and conditions specified by the landlord.
What amenities are provided in the home?
Most vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi are equipped with the basic amenities that tenants require to stay comfortably. These may include a TV, refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave, washer, etc. Towels, toiletries and linens are also provided to the tenants. However, if you are looking for some additional features like barbecue, swimming pool, hot tub, fenced yard etc., it is recommended to confirm with the property management company.
Can I take my pet along?
Not all vacation rental owners allow pets in their homes. If you are planning to bring your pet along for the vacation, you need to get an approval from the landlord or property manager. You should also ask if there are any additional maintenance charges or security fees applicable for pet-friendly properties.
For any assistance in finding a vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX, feel free to contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.
Marketing your rental home in Corpus Christi, TX is important to attract a good number of tenants. A vacant property can prove to be an expensive proposition for any landlord. For this purpose, you need to have a solid marketing strategy to make it stand out among a host of others present in your vicinity. This will draw tenants towards your property and assist in getting the most out of your rental business.
Below are some marketing tips that can help to rent your property in Corpus Christi:
- Use the internet: The internet is one of the best mediums to reach out to prospective tenants. A property listing website offers the perfect platform to display your property and find suitable tenants. Advertize your rental home through such websites and provide as much details as possible, including the location, size, rent, occupancy, pet policy etc.
- Use professional photos in the listings: Attention-grabbing photos are a must to attract tenants to your rental property. Post high quality photographs that increase the potential tenants’ interest in your property. Include pictures of your home’s exterior, bedrooms, living room, backyard etc. so that the tenants can have a closer look. Apart from this, all the pictures should be clicked in natural light to effectively highlight the positive aspects of your home.
- Utilize social media to your advantage: If done effectively, social media advertizing can be a huge booster for your rental property. You can post about your vacant rental home on your social media profiles. In order to engage tenants, you can also ask your friends to share your property details on their profiles. This will bring in more responses as your post will reach a wider audience.
- Highlight the aspects as per target audience: Depending upon the tenants whom you want to rent your home, you need to highlight the related aspects to catch their attention. For instance, a family with kids may prefer homes with amenities, such as stair gates, swimming pool, lawn etc. Understanding the demographics can fetch in more suitable tenants at a quicker pace.
- Physical signage is still important: Although the relevance of sign boards is vanishing fast, you still cannot overlook their importance when it comes to marketing your rental property. Invest some money to get high-quality sign board and advertize your property to strengthen your presence in the real estate market.
Contact The Rental Management Company for assistance in marketing your rental home in Corpus Christi, TX. To know more, you can call at (361) 949 – 9050.
A vacation rental home can be the perfect option if you are planning a holiday with your friends or family in Corpus Christi, TX. However, you need to carry out an extensive research before finalizing the bookings. Make sure the rental home has all the amenities you need to stay comfortably during the vacation.
Here are a few reasons to rent a vacation home in Corpus Christi:
- More space: Vacation rental homes offer more space and can accommodate large family groups. You can choose from condos, town homes or apartments as per your requirements. Thus, you can stay comfortably without compromising the privacy of other family members.
- Save money: Renting a vacation home is cheaper than other accommodation options. You can avail a wide range of facilities and comforts at a much lesser price than a hotel room. This makes vacation rentals the most preferred choice among people.
- Easy to travel with pets: If you are planning to take your pet along for the trip, you must consider staying in a vacation rental home. Most of the pet friendly rental homes have fences in the backyard so that your pet can roam around freely within the premises.
- Access to facilities: Vacation rental properties come equipped with the basic amenities that a tenant may require. Well-furnished home with electrical appliances such as washer, dryer, refrigerator etc. can make the stay comfortable. Even the location of the home can be chosen as per your preference. Other amenities such as a Wi-Fi, swimming pool, elevator etc. may also be available.
- Privacy: You can enjoy your personal space while staying in a vacation rental home. Each member of your family can have his own room to relax. You can also watch TV or sit in the patio without any outside interference.
- Live like a local: While staying at a vacation rental home, you are able to explore much more about the city. You can visit the local market for shopping. You can also meet the neighbors and get to know the culture, food habits as well as other interesting information about the place.
- Fully Equipped Kitchen: If you are fond of cooking, vacation rental home is the place for you. Most of the homes have a fully-equipped kitchen so that you can cook your favorite food any time. This can help you stay healthy and also cut down on the additional cost of meals.
We, at The Rental Management Company, provide a wide range of well-maintained vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.