The first thing a prospective renter will notice when visiting your vacation rental is, how it looks on the outside. The front yard and trees around your vacation rental as well as paint and general upkeep of the property has a profound impact on them. So, it is important to optimize the exteriors of your property to cast a positive first impression.
Following are some ideas for improving the curb appeal of your vacation rental to make it pop up against other vacation rentals:
- Infuse Greenery: Adding some plants and trees to your vacation rental can make it look warm and inviting. Get in touch with a local landscaper and invest in some seasonal or perennial flowers and trees. If the lawn is too much work for you then consider replacing a natural one with an artificial turf.
- Do Some Repairs: If your vacation rental has visible chips and cracks on the outer walls, walkway or doorstep then get them repaired immediately. Make sure that the walkway does not have untamed grass between the cracks. In case it is there then consider laying a new path or repairing and neatening the existing one.
- Exterior Lighting: A well-lit vacation rental looks attractive and inviting. So, ensure that exterior lights in the porch as well as walkway are regularly cleaned/dusted.
- Power Washing: Get a professional power wash done to give your rental a brand new and clean look. It instantly renews the paint and helps in getting rid of dirt from almost every nook and corner of the vacation rental.
Clean The Porch: The porch gets dirty faster than any other exterior area due to foot traffic, dead leaves and loose debris. So, keep your porch clean at all times by regularly sweeping and washing it.
- Add Accents: Keep the exteriors simple and minimalistic but make it a point to add some simple accents where needed. You can consider adding new door mats, porch chairs, cushions, etc.
- Slip-Resistant Hardscape Options: If your vacation rental has a swimming pool, then install non-slip hardscape options like paving stones for added safety and visual appeal.
- Dress Up The Front Door: The front door of your vacation rental is the main point of its curb appeal. You can either repaint it or install a custom wood door. Make sure that you keep it clean and polish the door fixtures. You can even fix a swag or wreath on it to make a statement.
- Outdoor Art: Weather-resistant artwork does wonders and helps in accentuating the vacation rental’s curb appeal. Examples of outdoor artwork are metal cut-outs, sculptures, birdbaths, wind chimes, fountains, etc.
For more information on vacation rentals, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.