COVID-19 has brought about significant changes in the way we live our lives and handle day-to-day duties. As the restrictions ease down, everyone should incorporate the required measures to ensure personal safety while resuming normal operations. The same applies to vacation rental owners who are gearing to step back into the game. A few precautions such as strict disinfecting and cleaning measures can significantly help in ensuring the well-being of guests.
Some important points to consider when hosting guests in a vacation rental post COVID-19 are:
- Prepare For An Upsurge: There are expectations on the influx of guests post COVID-19 as those who love travelling will be in search of clean vacation rentals. The most important preparation for this period is sanitization and cleanliness. Apart from this, owners should utilize this time to upgrade the vacation rentals; they can repaint, take professional quality photos, upgrade bathrooms and kitchens, and think of interesting offers for the guests.
- Cleaning: The first thing guests are likely to judge is the level of cleanliness in a vacation rental. So, it is important to ensure the finest standards of cleaning. Clean areas that are prone to contamination such as doorknobs, handles, railings, light switches, etc.
- Precautions: While preparing the vacation rental for guests, owners should exercise precautions to protect themselves and those cleaning the property. Protective gear should be used while cleaning (facial coverings, gloves, aprons, etc.), wash hands after taking off gloves, ventilate the rental before cleaning, wash hands thoroughly after each cleaning session, change cleaning cloths, do not touch the face/nose/eyes while cleaning, etc.
- Disinfect: Some items should be disinfected regularly for complete protection from the virus. For instance, vacuum cleaners, laundry baskets, hampers, trashcans, linens, etc. should be disinfected after use. Use disinfectants registered under the environmental protection agency and cleaning solutions with up to 70 percent alcohol.
- Protect The Guests: Offer self check-in and checkout facilities with instructions on using them, minimize routine maintenance during their stay, and offer amenities like hand soap, tissues, toilet paper, extra towels, clean sheets, disinfectants, and cleaning supplies. Also, make it to a point to place sanitizers at the entrance, in the kitchen and bathroom.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure to manage vacation rentals following the safety guidelines for COVID-19. For more details on things to consider when hosting guests in vacation rental post COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Attracting guests to your vacation rental is the core of a vacation rental investment. Making a few efforts can help a vacation rental owner in increasing the number of guests that book the rental. It is advisable to direct these efforts at making your vacation rental property stand out from the rest of the properties in the market.
Important things that can make your vacation rental stand out and generate more profits are:
- Improve The Listing: Optimize the rental listing by describing the vacation rental in a straightforward and accurate manner. Update it regularly to reflect seasonal changes, new improvements, new amenities, etc. Pay special attention to photos of the rental property attached with the listing. Make sure that the lighting and angles of photos accentuate the best features of the property.
- Enhance Guest Experience: Do what it takes to make the vacation rental experience memorable for the guests. A good experience increases the chances of repeated bookings, positive guest reviews, and predictable income. Vacation rental owners can consider gestures such as offering a welcome gift, providing local suggestions, printing instructions, offering comfortable furnishings, and upgrading outdoor spaces.
- Setting The Right Price: An increase in the price of vacation rental should be directly proportionate to the value added to it in the form of upgrades and updates. The right price is never static but varies depending on factors such as seasonal demand, length of stay, demand trends, specific events, etc. It is advisable to compare weekly and monthly data to gauge the performance of your rental and determine the prevailing price trends for maximum profits.
- Reinvest Profits: Once the vacation rental gains a steady momentum and attains the desired profit mark, it is advisable to reinvest the profits into the rental or on marketing in order to increase rental rates and stay competitive. Reinvestment can be in the form of upgrades such as outdoor furniture, a fire table, bathroom, and kitchen upgrades, etc.
- Online Presence: Create a strong online presence for the convenience of vacation rental guests and for reaching out to a bigger number of potential guests. Vacation rental owners should increase the digital footprint by accepting online bookings, generating and responding to reviews, building a website that will effectively convert traffic into inquiries/booking and by being active on social media.
- Hire A Professional: Hire a property manager to handle jobs like upgrading the vacation rental, improving guest experience, managing advertizement, confirming reservations, researching and implementing new strategies to manage the business, etc. Delegating the above-mentioned jobs to professionals will help save time and increase revenue in the long run.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services for vacation rental owners. The property managers offer services such as property marketing, maintenance, and repairs, etc. To know more about ways to increase profits on your vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
The key to attracting quality tenants to your vacation rental lies in the ability to make it stand out from other vacation rentals in the market. This can be done by decorating, renovating, or making exceptional offers.
Some affordable and unique tips for making a vacation rental more appealing to prospective renters in the market are:
- Know Your Market: The first step is to define your market and know what potential renters are looking for in a vacation rental. This will help you concentrate your efforts in the right direction and spend on the right things. Capitalize on what your potential renter wants by offering him the appropriate facilities.
- Choice of Materials: When choosing materials for furniture items and other parts of the rental, take into consideration factors such as maintenance, durability, and style. Use materials that do not need frequent replacements and age well e.g. antique pine floors, stone counters, plaster walls, etc.
- Keep It Simple: Keep a limit on how much you accessorize and furnish the rental. A low-key appearance is preferred by tenants as compared to rentals that are over-accessorized and highly edited. Keep the foundation of your rental neutral and use accent colors to add layers and textures to the look.
- Smart Mixing: Mix up materials and items of decor to minimize expenses yet create a difference. For instance, you can invest in a high-quality dining table but cut down on the cost of dining chairs. But make it a point to be considerate of the quality of furniture and décor items.
- Decorate: Decorate your vacation rental smartly by incorporating functionality in each item of decor. Use pieces of furniture like ottomans, storage benches, storage baskets, open shelves, etc. These not only look attractive but serve a number of other purposes as well thus, minimizing the need for more things and cutting down expenses.
- Pay Attention To Privacy: Create a cozy nook for your guest to sit privately with friends and family. This can be in the form of a side porch with a daybed, a fire-place, seating adjacent to a large window, etc.
- Extra Amenities: Offer uninterrupted, fast and free Wi-Fi, access to premium TV, smart TV’s, etc. Also provide ample parking space, or access to a garage, towels, nice beddings, robes, soaps, burlap placemats, high-end bedding, etc.
- Lighting: Invest in exterior and interior lighting fixtures to light up dark spots, create a relaxing mood and provide extra light for reading.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rental services. The agents ensure that vacation rentals are maintained with basic amenities to provide a comfortable stay for the guests. To know about how to create a standout vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also contact (361) 949 – 9050.
Packing for a vacation requires thorough consideration. If you are planning a trip in the near future, you may have to tweak the way you pack your stuff.
Following tips may be helpful to pack for a vacation while planning to stay at a vacation rental:
- Do Not Forget Your Chargers And Adapters: Chargers and adaptors should secure the first spot on your packing list as they are susceptible to being forgotten when off to a vacation. Pack them in such a way that they remain compact and easily accessible.
- Pack Your Toiletry Bag: Pack the basics depending on the destination you are traveling to and the limits imposed on how much and what toiletry items you can carry along. The basic items include a toothbrush, paste, floss, comb, deodorant, sunscreen, a bug repellent, bandages, facewash, moisturizer, prescription glasses & medication, allergy medicines, eye drops and so on.
- Throw In Some Laundry Pods And Sponges: If you are planning to stay in a vacation rental, it is advisable to take your cleaning supplies along. These may include kitchen sponges, laundry pods, hypo-allergic detergents if you have kids, and so on.
- Pack Toilet Paper And Plastic Bags: Never forget to pack some rolls of toilet paper, zip locks, trash bags, green bags, sandwich bags and the like. Plastic bags can be helpful for storing snacks, organizing cords, electronics and even packing toiletries.
- Consider Child Safety: If you are travelling with small children, take along safety items such as outlet covers, corner protectors, a no-spill cup, etc. This would be helpful in protecting your child from getting hurt and letting you enjoy your vacation.
- Carry Your Entertainment Along: Even though most vacation rentals provide games, TV and other sources of entertainment, it is advisable to take along your favorites. You can carry your favorite books, video games or magazines that you have been stacking for long but have not had the chance to read.
- Pack Spices And Condiments You Love: Most rentals offer the basic kitchen supplies i.e. salt, chili and pepper. However, if you yearn for a specific spice in your food, do not forget to take along your favorite spices, seasonings, herbs and condiments.
- Carry Some Personalization Items: You can add a touch of personalization to the vacation rental by taking along familiar items like a favorite picture, throw/blanket, pillows, sheets, towels etc.
The Rental Management Company offers well-managed vacation rentals in North Padre Island. To know more, call at (361) 949-9050 or visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX-78418.
Social media presence is non-negotiable for businesses that want to maintain a lead in the ever growing competition. It is now emerging as a prudent platform to advertize vacation rentals on a global scale. Not only social media promotions are cost effective, but also direct right content to the right audience at the right time.
Following are some guidelines that may be helpful for property owners considering to advertize their vacation rentals on social media platforms:
- Goal Setting: The first step for a successful social media campaign is to set measurable goals. It is important to research about your competitors and target audience before defining goals for a campaign. Your goals should be simple and focused towards your target audience.
- Formulate A Social Media Strategy: Once you are clear about your goals, the next step is to plan a strategy to achieve these goals. Your social media strategy should be directed towards creating interesting and captivating content for your target audience.
- Audit The Progress: Test and evaluate the progress of your efforts by creating audience polls, running analytics, getting feedback and more. Use social media analytic tools to study the performance of your social media campaign. The tools let you know how many people viewed your advertizement, which ads are doing better, etc.
- Create Hashtags: For maximum exposure of your property, use hashtags on social media sites like Instagram and Twitter. This will help you get free advertizement in the form of pictures that your guests share on social media sites.
- Share Recommendations: Share recommendations on your social media profiles regarding places to visit near your vacation rental, things to do, nearby restaurants, etc. This will improve the visibility of your vacation rental and attract more travelers.
- Run Ads For Your Vacation Rental: You can run ads for your vacation rental on the social media pages that you have created. These ads should be targeted towards people interested in vacation rentals similar to your property.
- Use Check-In Options: Create a location on Facebook to let your guests “check-in” when they arrive at your vacation rental. This will act as free advertizement by creating awareness about your rental to numerous potential clients.
- Collect Reviews: Encourage your guests to drop reviews about your vacation rental on well-known review platforms as well as on social media platforms like Facebook.
- Best Social Media Platforms: Some of the best social media platforms for advertizing vacation rentals are Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube and more. For best results, choose platforms that are popular with your target audience.
For more information on vacation rentals, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.