A vacation rental should be treated like a small business venture that aims to maximize profitability. Awareness about the requirements of the renters and providing top notch customer service are key to running a vacation rental successfully. Following are some tips to run a vacation rental home:
- It’s Serious Business: Don’t underestimate the nature of this work. Take it as seriously as you would, if it were your business enterprise. A successful vacation rental takes all the effort, time and strategy that go into a business. You will have to research, formulate plans, goals and adopt effective marketing strategies. This is the first step towards your success.
- Build Positive Relationships: Develop positive relationships with your guests. Refrain from doing anything that will make them feel like “renters”. Give them special treatment just like you would give to a guest of yours. The same will reflect in their liking for you and your property. It’s a give and take relationship when it comes to relationships with others. Great owners know the power of truly valuing and respecting their clients.
- Treat Your Staff Well: Your staff is the backbone of your business. Treat them well and they will do the best they can to work in sync with your goals and aspirations. Happy staff members will keep your guests happy. Happy guests will spread positive word about your vacation rental and a positive cycle will be established.
- Be A Good Learner: Successful people are always open to learning from wherever they can and also share their bit with others. In addition to learning, share the knowledge you have through blogs or on your website.
- Networking: Interact with as many people as possible in person or through online platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc. Success does not exist in a vacuum. It comes where people interact, share and learn.
- Keep Up With The Trends: Constantly upgrading your property and marketing strategies as per the latest trends keeps you on top of the game. Strive to achieve excellence and don’t settle for anything less than that. Interact with successful people more often to learn what they are up to and try to match up.
- Complete Knowledge: Understand the demographic details of potential renters. This will save a lot of time and energy. You will be able to channelize your efforts in one direction and achieve success quickly. Goal setting becomes easier and clearer when you know what your direction is in terms of the people you wish to attract.
The Rental Management Company provides a wide range of vacation rental homes. For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
When it comes to vacation properties, first impressions make a big difference and could be a major determining factor in how often your property gets booked. Putting a small effort in the appearance of your vacation rental can go a long way in adding value to the property and generating the kind of revenue you are looking for. This is important due to the fact that most people looking for vacation rentals make their choice online. So the pictures of your property are all that the customers get to see while making this choice. Working on the interiors and exteriors of the vacation rental can ensure these pictures strike an excellent impression.
Here are some tips on simple ways to add value to your vacation rental property without breaking the bank:
- Regular Painting: When you own a vacation rental, it is important to ensure that there is a fresh coat of paint on all the walls. This is usually the first thing that gets noticed when potential tenants view a property. You could play around with colors to give the property a vibrant and luxurious look. It also shows that the property is well-maintained and taken care of, which sends out the right message to anyone looking to rent the property.
- Getting Rid Of Dated Items: It is a good idea to get rid of anything that makes your property look old-fashioned and outdated. Right from popcorn ceilings to old cabinets, replacing such features can instantly modernize your property and make it more appealing to prospective customers.
- Lighting: Even though lighting might be underrated, it is among the top factors that make or mar the ambience of a room. Take some time to analyze the light fixtures in your property, and ensure that the space is well-lit. This goes a long way in influencing the mood of anyone. Also make sure that you are utilizing natural light to the maximum, with the help of large windows and right kind of window treatments.
- Kitchen And Bathrooms: If there is one thing you must pay attention to in a vacation rental property, is it’s kitchen and bathrooms. These two areas are usually the first ones to get noticed and the ones that play the greatest role in the overall appearance of a vacation rental home. Start by performing a basic remodel to get rid of anything that is faulty or outdated. Investing in high-quality kitchen appliances is sure to pay off, as it could be what sets you apart from your competition.
- Exteriors: Once you have worked on the interiors of your rental property, also make sure that the exteriors are inviting. Hiring a professional landscaping service is a great way to score a perfect ten for your outdoor space.
The Rental Management Company offers a number of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Going on a vacation becomes double the fun when you stay at a vacation rental. Visitors enjoy the comfort, privacy and spaciousness of a home which is why they are known as home away from home. There’s no interference from housekeepers or strangers.
Here is a comprehensive list of benefits which you can enjoy by opting for a vacation rental when travelling
- Space: You won’t have to compromise on your space when staying in a vacation rental. Vacation rentals are known for their ample space to lounge and unwind. They are great for families with children looking for space as kids can have fun and play while the adults chat and relax.
- Economical: Vacation rentals are economically viable and pocket friendly. You get more space, all amenities and facilities at reasonable prices.
- A Variety Of Options: Depending on what you’re looking for in terms of décor, view, amenities, budge & size, vacation rentals let you have it your way. The whole idea of a vacation rental is to make you feel at home and get something that suits your liking. There is something for every type of person.
- Home-Like Comfort: A vacation rental provides you with comfort akin to your own home and may be even a notch better. You are sure to get lots of space, comfortable rooms, multiple bedrooms, laundry services, kitchens with modern appliances, entertainment options and much more.
- Cook Your Own Food: This is a great one for those who are hygiene and health conscious. You get to enjoy your food just the way you like it and that too at no extra expense. It helps in keeping your budget in check. However, it is always recommended to make a menu plan before setting off for your vacation. Take along your favorite spices and foods and have a great time bonding with your family while cooking everybody’s favorite meal.
- Privacy: Most vacation rentals prioritize the privacy of their members. They offer private balconies and entrances, private pools, BBQ grills, etc. You are in your own beautiful world with only those who really matter to you.
- Safety: Vacation rentals are extremely safe. The area in which they are situated are gated and guarded at all times. All locks have exclusive codes so you can be rest assured no one’s going to trespass into your space.
- Great Customer Service: If you are not sure about the kind of vacation rental that will suit your need and budget, there’s always help around the corner, thanks to the provision for excellent customer service. The staff at vacation rentals is committed towards helping residents in every possible way. They offer valuable advice regarding rental choices, activities and entertainment options.
We, at The Rental Management Company offer a wide range of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Families who love to travel always prefer to stay at a place which feels like home. Vacation rentals are becoming a popular choice amongst families in this regard. If you are keen on tapping opportunities of attracting families towards your vacation rental, here are some ways in which you can do so
1. Sleeping Arrangements
A family is more likely to opt for a vacation rental that offers adequate and versatile sleeping arrangements for all age groups. Invest in smart furniture that’s easy to fold or expand as required. Keep a crib handy too. Devote a room for kids and furnish it with cute bunk beds.
2. Easy Maintenance
Keep in mind that no one wants to end up spending a large chunk of vacation time in cleaning. Offering your clients a rental that’s easy and quick to clean is a bonus for the family. They would love it. Keep basic cleaning supplies handy in case of a mess by kids. These include items like tissues, chemical free sprays, clean and fresh towels etc. Also provide appliances like a dishwasher and a washing machine.
3. The Safety Factor
Families with kids will prioritize safety over everything else. So cater to that in any way you can. Secure the balconies if any, fence the swimming pool, install stairway gates for toddlers etc. When parents feel that a place is safe for their kids, they know it’s a place they can count on for maximum relaxation and unwinding.
4. Offer A Guidebook
A family friendly guidebook is the best gift for your clients. You will do them a big favor by letting them know about family friendly activities in the area. Examples of areas worth mentioning are picnic spots, beaches, museums, places to dine, supermarkets, pharmacies etc.
5. Entertainment For Kids
A great way of attracting families to your rental is to provide kid friendly entertainment. Things like good books, board games, puzzles and DVDs can keep kids busy for hours at a stretch. You can also install a playpen for babies. Parents will love you!
6. The Extra Touch
Small thoughtful gestures go a long way in securing more bookings for your family rental. Keep a few practical items such as non-slip bath mats, night lights, high chairs etc. Mentioning the availability of such items in your listing description or informing enquiring clients of the same, gives away a message that you have put in some thought and effort into ensuring they are comfortable.
7. Outdoor Space
A vacation rental that integrates the indoor and outdoor is something families will appreciate. Private pools, an outdoor grill, an amazing view, patios etc. are example of some of the most sought after features in family vacation rentals.
Tourists are now opting for rental homes over hotels for their vacations as they provide more space, independence, privacy and also turn out to be economical. While there may be many options to choose from, there are some questions one may ask to make an informed decision:
- Confirm location: When you are selecting the vacation home, make sure you just do not rely on the map. Call up the owners and ask vital questions like access to beach, is it in the heart of the town, is it as close to the public transport as mentioned in the brochure etc. These things will help you plan your itinerary in a more efficient manner.
- Cancellation policy: This makes more sense for vacation homes as hotels have clearly laid out cancellation policies. If an emergency crops up, you must be sure the time frame within which you can cancel your booking so your deposit can be refunded.
- Access to amenities: Check beforehand what all amenities, equipment and facilities you can use during your stay. Access to swimming pool, patio and terrace must be provided so you can have a relaxing stay. Also ask if there are baby cots or beach equipment already present in the home, so that you can pack accordingly.
- Housekeeping: Check how often the property is cleaned. Make sure the housekeeping charges are included in the rent payment. Particularly when traveling with kids, ensure that hygiene of the place is being taken care of.
- Check surroundings: You may also check the tourist attractions and amenities available near the rental home. For instance, you should check if there are shops, restaurants, shopping malls etc. accessible from the home.
- Emergency contacts: You must know whom to call and what to do in case of any emergency. The numbers should all be in place so that the owner can be immediately informed if there is an urgent need.
- Is the place child and pet friendly: Ensure that the owner of the vacation home allows pets if you are planning to take one. Also check if the place is child proof. For instance, if there is a staircase, pool or expensive breakable items then they must be flagged beforehand to avoid causing any damage to the property.
- Extra perks: Check if there is a gym inside the home which you can use or there is a facility of sauna or hot tub. Ask for additional amenities that the owner may be willing to provide to make your stay more comfortable.Renting a vacation home can be a good experience if you have done your homework right. If you are looking for a vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX, feel free to contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.