With Christmas around the corner, it is time for family and friends to have fun, travel and relax which gives you a reason to attract extra bookings for your vacation rental. As a vacation rental owner, it is an opportunity for you to fascinate potential tenants by preparing your property for the holiday season. There is a lot that you can do to make your vacation rental stand out from the rest such as Christmas decorations, welcome gifts, etc.
Some interesting ideas to create a spectacular appeal for your vacation rental are:
- Offer Christmas Packages: Offer holiday packages to your guests including goodies like coupons for a special meal, breakfast delivery, a Champaign basket, cider mixes, hot chocolate, freshly baked cookies, etc. Your guests will feel welcomed and they will surely appreciate the extra effort you took to make their stay a memorable one.
- Decorate: Decorate entryways and hallways with decorations specific to Christmas so that your guests enjoy Christmas traditions even when they are away from home. For this, you can use candles, a Christmas tree, lights, a snowman, holiday scents, wreaths, etc.
- Send A Newsletter: Spread the word about your vacation rental this Christmas by sending a holiday-special newsletter to previous guests and newsletter subscribers. The newsletter can include a Christmas greeting, festive photography and a mention about special deals, gift packages and discounts being offered by you.
- Provide In-Home Entertainment: Offer your guests some entertainment in the form of special events, board games, magazines, books, movies and more for the time they spend inside the vacation rental. This way your guests can enjoy quality time with their family.
- Stage Your Rental: Showcase your vacation rental by staging it for the festive season with festive decor. Click photographs of the decorated rental and include them in your newsletter or online listing to show potential guests the glimpses of what to expect.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services to vacation rental owners. Our team ensures proper maintenance of the properties and works towards reducing vacancy period. For more details on tips to make your vacation rental Christmas ready, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at: (361) 949 – 9050.
Packing for a vacation requires thorough consideration. If you are planning a trip in the near future, you may have to tweak the way you pack your stuff.
Following tips may be helpful to pack for a vacation while planning to stay at a vacation rental:
- Do Not Forget Your Chargers And Adapters: Chargers and adaptors should secure the first spot on your packing list as they are susceptible to being forgotten when off to a vacation. Pack them in such a way that they remain compact and easily accessible.
- Pack Your Toiletry Bag: Pack the basics depending on the destination you are traveling to and the limits imposed on how much and what toiletry items you can carry along. The basic items include a toothbrush, paste, floss, comb, deodorant, sunscreen, a bug repellent, bandages, facewash, moisturizer, prescription glasses & medication, allergy medicines, eye drops and so on.
- Throw In Some Laundry Pods And Sponges: If you are planning to stay in a vacation rental, it is advisable to take your cleaning supplies along. These may include kitchen sponges, laundry pods, hypo-allergic detergents if you have kids, and so on.
- Pack Toilet Paper And Plastic Bags: Never forget to pack some rolls of toilet paper, zip locks, trash bags, green bags, sandwich bags and the like. Plastic bags can be helpful for storing snacks, organizing cords, electronics and even packing toiletries.
- Consider Child Safety: If you are travelling with small children, take along safety items such as outlet covers, corner protectors, a no-spill cup, etc. This would be helpful in protecting your child from getting hurt and letting you enjoy your vacation.
- Carry Your Entertainment Along: Even though most vacation rentals provide games, TV and other sources of entertainment, it is advisable to take along your favorites. You can carry your favorite books, video games or magazines that you have been stacking for long but have not had the chance to read.
- Pack Spices And Condiments You Love: Most rentals offer the basic kitchen supplies i.e. salt, chili and pepper. However, if you yearn for a specific spice in your food, do not forget to take along your favorite spices, seasonings, herbs and condiments.
- Carry Some Personalization Items: You can add a touch of personalization to the vacation rental by taking along familiar items like a favorite picture, throw/blanket, pillows, sheets, towels etc.
The Rental Management Company offers well-managed vacation rentals in North Padre Island. To know more, call at (361) 949-9050 or visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX-78418.
Vacation rentals are the preferred choice for guests looking for an accommodation near a beach. However, owning a vacation home requires a strong maintenance plan for protecting it from environmental factors such as the sun, humidity, sand and more. Mastering the art of maintaining your beach vacation rental is a crucial step to spend less on its upkeep in order to increase your profits.
Following are some tips for maintaining a beach vacation rental:
- Hire A Property Manager: Hire an experienced property manager to maintain your beach vacation rental. Property managers are well-versed with the local regulations and have contacts with local contractors for handling maintenance jobs. They take care of responsibilities such as leasing the vacation rental home, advertizing it, screening and hiring staff for maintenance, dealing with emergencies, scheduling walk-through with prospective tenants, checking in guests and handling payments.
- Set Ground Rules: You can set clear rules that the guests must adhere to while staying at your beach vacation rental in order to ensure that the property remains in good condition for a longer period.
- Choose The Right Flooring: It is important to protect the floor of your vacation rental from damage caused by humidity and water. In addition to setting rules for protecting the floor of your rental, invest in long-lasting flooring materials e.g. sheet vinyl, porcelain tiles, etc. Avoid using hardwood floors and carpets as they get dirty and moist easily.
- Protect The Furniture: Make it a point to cover the furniture with covers when not in use. This protects the furniture from the effects of warm and damp air. Also, ensure proper ventilation to extend the life of furniture in beach houses.
- Weather-proof Your Property: Beach vacation homes are exposed to the effects of the sun, sea, erosion, sand etc. Weather-proofing helps in cutting down maintenance costs by reducing damages due to environmental factors. Use weather-proof paints and finishes, to protect the exteriors of your rental and prevent issues like cracking & peeling.
- Keep It Clean: Formulate a plan to keep your beach vacation rental clean. Consult professional cleaners for thoroughly cleaning the property on a regular basis. When looking for professional cleaners, choose a company with good reviews that offers a wide range of cleaning services at affordable prices. You can also list a few things that the guests should do e.g. keeping the kitchen and bathroom clean.
For more information on vacation rentals, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
November is the perfect time to gear up and prepare your vacation rental for the impending winters. Preparing for the winters early ensures your property is well-protected from icy-conditions or heavy snow and your guests feel comfortable and at home during their holiday.
The following are some tips on how to effectively prepare a vacation rental for winters:
- Deep clean: This is a good time to thoroughly clean your vacation rental and get rid of dirt and grime that has accumulated during summer. Wash the blankets and comforters, clean all the nooks and corners, replace the batteries in remotes, clean up the fireplace, carpet, curtains, flip mattresses and so on. If you find this overwhelming or simply don’t have enough time at your disposal, consider hiring a professional cleaning service.
- Stock up on winter supplies: Stock up on winter essentials like blankets, common medications, shampoo and conditioner, heavy duty brooms, light bulbs, wood, batteries, duvet covers, slippers, robes, hand warmers, eatables like chocolates and so on. This will be immensely helpful for your maintenance team and save a lot of time. Choose gender neutral colors and items when buying the supplies.
- Verify important systems: Schedule a property check-up with your maintenance team and check if all the vital systems of the vacation rental are in order. These include HVAC systems, fireplaces, hot tubs, snow-melt systems, furnace filters and more.
- Invest in weather necessities: If your vacation rental is situated in an area that snows a lot, invest in equipment like a snow shovel or blower. Also buy winter necessities like extra gloves, hand warmers and hats.
- Check the heating needs: It is important for your vacation rental to be heated at an appropriate level throughout winter. For this get a thorough understanding of how your heater works and the temperature it warms up to at specific settings. This will prevent unnecessary freezing and exorbitant heating bills. Keep the number of an on-call emergency contractor if you are not sure about your heating system.
- A few upgrades: Investing in smart technology can prove to be a boon during winter months. Smart technology can help you save money and easily maintain your vacation rental throughout winter. Examples of such upgrades are smart thermostats, smart water sensors, smart locks and more. Even when you are not on your property, you can still remotely monitor it with smart devices.
- Work on the exteriors: In addition to the internal work, there are somethings to be taken care of outdoors. For example, re-caulk window sills and door frames, turn off exterior faucets, disconnect garden hoses, drain sprinkler systems, clean chimney vents, etc. Your vacation rental will instantly look fresh and new with this effort.
For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Traveling is the latest passion and it is no longer limited to people with a big luxury budget. Almost anyone can afford a business or leisure trip even with a limited budget, thanks to vacation rentals which provide facilities just as good as other accommodations but at a fraction of the cost. Gone are the days when traveling was for holidays or specific seasons only. People are actively traveling throughout the year. A new trend that is catching up fast with travelers is going solo.
Solo travelers are a great catch for vacation rental owners. So, if you own a vacation rental in Corpus Christi and are interested in marketing it to solo travelers for better business prospects in terms of bookings and rental income; here are some tips for you:
- Tap Into The Solo Traveler’s Personality: For effectively marketing your vacation rental, try to understand the personality of a person who travels alone. What does he expect from the experience and how can you match the expectation? The solo traveler may be looking forward to experience a new culture, new city or country, new food, etc. This knowledge will help you market your rental accordingly and attract the right guests.
- Fulfill The Needs Of A Solo Traveler: Put yourself in his shoes in order to understand what his needs may be when staying alone. Common needs of solo travelers are security, housekeeping, good food, etc. Think about the services that would be of value to your guest and highlight them in your listing to catch his attention.
- Special Services: Offering special services to solo travelers as a part of the vacation rental package is a great way of earning their loyalty. Examples of such services are offering them free supplies of everyday commodities like shampoo, toilet paper, shower gel, etc. and services like a free bike to ride around the city.
- A Free Meal: A solo traveler’s meal requirements are very different from those of a group. Chances are your guest will not have a large stock of food in the fridge for the fear of spoiling it. Attract solo travelers by offering them one meal, preferably breakfast at a very reasonable price.
- Include References To The Local Culture: Talking of Corpus Christi, mention attractions like the beach, Hurricane Alley waterpark, Mustang Island State Park, South Texas Botanical gardens, Texas State Aquarium and more to generate interest of the travelers.
The Rental Management Company provides a wide range of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.