If you are planning to book a vacation rental home for your next holiday in Corpus Christi, TX, there may be a lot of questions popping up in your mind. Even though the concept of renting an inexpensive accommodation may seem to be enticing, lack of sufficient knowledge may hold you back from finalizing the bookings.
Given below are answers to some of the frequently asked questions about vacation rental homes:
How do I find the right vacation home?
You can browse the online vacation rental listings to find a suitable property. Streamline your search on the basis of location of the home, amenities provided, number of occupants, pet policy etc. If you are traveling with kids, look for properties that offer the relevant amenities like swing set, crib, high chair, bath tub, stair gates etc. Make sure you cross check the availability of the vacation rental home during your travel dates.
How do I make a reservation?
Booking a vacation rental home is secure and convenient. You can either make the reservation online or by directly contacting the property management company. View the photos of the property and check the descriptions prior to booking, making sure that it perfectly accommodates your needs. You may need to pay a refundable security deposit or the entire rent at the time of booking.
What are the cancellation policies?
In case you want to cancel your vacation rental booking, a percentage of your initial deposit will be credited to your account. The fee deducted may depend upon the duration of the stay, notice period for cancellation or any other terms and conditions specified by the landlord.
What amenities are provided in the home?
Most vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi are equipped with the basic amenities that tenants require to stay comfortably. These may include a TV, refrigerator, oven, stove, microwave, washer, etc. Towels, toiletries and linens are also provided to the tenants. However, if you are looking for some additional features like barbecue, swimming pool, hot tub, fenced yard etc., it is recommended to confirm with the property management company.
Can I take my pet along?
Not all vacation rental owners allow pets in their homes. If you are planning to bring your pet along for the vacation, you need to get an approval from the landlord or property manager. You should also ask if there are any additional maintenance charges or security fees applicable for pet-friendly properties.
For any assistance in finding a vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX, feel free to contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.
Staging your vacation rental home effectively can have a great impact on the number of bookings you receive. The description and photos you put up in the listing should be able to catch the attention of people searching for a vacation rental. Whether you hire a professional photographer or plan to do it yourself, it is important that you make a great first impression on the potential guests.
Here are some useful tips that can help you stage your vacation rental for maximum booking:
- Keep It Realistic: Apart from certain exceptions like fruit bowls or fresh flowers, you must not put up anything that you are not providing to the tenants. When the guest arrives, all the furniture, furnishings and appliances in the home should be the same as shown in photographs.
- Clean Up The Clutter: Before clicking the photographs, make sure the property is absolutely clean and sparkling. You should wash all the floors and hide garbage cans. Remove all the clutter and unnecessary things from the frame, particularly in the kitchen and bathroom. All your personal stuff such as family pictures, decorative items and any clothes should be removed.
- Pay Attention To Lighting: To perfectly capture your beautifully decorated vacation rental, you must consider the lighting. You can turn on the lamps and open all the shutters or windows to let natural light come in. This will make your rental home look bright and inviting. You can also take a picture of a lit fireplace, if you have one.
- Manage The Property: Seeing crooked photo frames, chaotically arranged curtains or messed up bedding can ward off potential tenants. Although these are minor details, but they are an important indicator of your attitude and professionalism as a landlord.
- Capture Exteriors: The more areas of your vacation home you can display, the more assured a tenant will be while making bookings. In addition to the rooms, you can also provide photos of the lawn, courtyard or the view from the balcony. Make sure that you shoot these areas during evening with low lighting to get the best shot.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can assist you in perfectly staging your vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.