Vacation rentals are preferred by most travelers who wish to have a home-like feeling. Staying in these properties lets them experience the local life in its rawest form. Considering the increasing popularity of vacation rentals and the ease of making online bookings, having a vacancy in the peak season is unusual. However, at times, there may be some last minute cancellations and if it is the end of the season, finding an immediate booking may be quite a task.
In such situations, attracting new tenants can be made easy with the following tips:
Update your property listing
This should be your first step to invite potential customers to make a last minute booking. Update your listing about the cancellations and highlight the dates for which the property is available. You can use urgency indicators such as ‘Hurry!’ and ‘Limited Offer’ to prompt the visitors for immediate action.
Advertize your cancellation-led-vacancy
Another key step for inviting the last-minute bookings is to advertize your vacation rental home. There can be no better way to let your previous and potential tenants know that your property is vacant. There are a number of online platforms available that can provide the exposure you are looking for your property. You can include photos, descriptions and availability dates to attract traffic to your listing.
Highlight the price-cut or discounts
For a last minute booking, the landlord may consider going for a price reduction in order to attract guests. It is important for a vacation rental owner to have a dynamic pricing policy so as to have a peak-load price which means a higher price during the peak season as well as a lower price for the off-season.
Capitalize on social media
Social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram can be of great help when attracting last minute bookings. You can simply create a page on Facebook and send invites to your friends, previous guests as well as other acquaintances. These people can like and follow your page to stay updated with everyday deals as well as vacancy calendar. You can post on your wall to inform the followers about any last minute offers. Similarly, you can make use of wall posts, promotional photos, videos and advertizements to catch the attention of your Instagram followers.
Most vacation rental owners ask the guests to provide their email ids as a part of their personal information. These email ids can be used to send promotional emails. Most people check their emails regularly and it may prove to be helpful in attracting interested tenants.
Be available 24*7
Once you have highlighted the vacancy, it is necessary to be available to take calls and reply to the inquiry emails. It is imperative to make all your advertizements informative. Include your email address, contact number, alternate number, rent per day as well as dates of availability. You can even hire a property manager to handle the inquiries and bookings on your behalf.
Accept online payments
Apart from accepting cash on arrival, it is also advisable to make online payment arrangements. Most people prefer making advance payments to confirm the booking. Hence, be prepared with your bank account details and accept payments through credit/debit cards.
Keep these tips in mind and have a hassle-free last minute booking for your vacation rental property.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help you find tenants for your vacation rental property in North Padre Island. For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050.
In the property rental business it is much more cost effective to retain tenants rather than search for new ones. Renting your property to a quality tenant implies reduced stress and steady income for a long period of time. However it is important to keep certain considerations in mind to minimize vacancy cycles and maximize profit.
Given here are some of useful tips that can help you attract long term tenants for your rental property:
- Help Them Personalize The House: Although you may have spent a lot of time and effort in decorating your house you should try and give a clean slate to the new tenants. You should try to use neutral shades on the walls, curtains, flooring and other furnishings. You can also provide hooks in each room to hand pictures, shelves to place decorative pieces and storage cabinets to organize all the extra stuff. All these things will help the tenants visualize themselves living there in their own personal space.
- Make The House Habitable: Although it is essential to improve the appearance of your house, it is not enough. You should make sure that you have properly assessed the needs of the potential tenant and make it easy to live in the house. You should ensure that the house has good fixtures, lighting, heating and a clean living environment.
- Allow Tenants With Pets: One of the biggest difficulties faced by tenants is finding a pet friendly rental home. You can attract a number of tenants if you make your property tenant friendly. Also, there are higher chances that they will stay for a longer duration as it is not easy to find such accommodations.
- Provide The Necessary Appliances: Most tenants, particularly those relocating from a different state, prefer staying in furnished homes rather than shifting their own goods. It can also help you rent your property at a better price.
- Timely Repairs And Maintenance: Most tenants stay for long if the landlord is responsible and manages the property well. Whenever your tenant contacts you with a repair or maintenance work to be done, make sure you respond back as soon as possible.
You can also consider hiring the services of The Rental Management Company to assist you with finding a long-term responsible tenant and managing your property.
For more information on how to attract long-term tenants for your rental property you can contact us at (361) 949 – 9050.
Regardless if you own a single executive office or a string of apartments, it is a big investment and it must be made sure that you receive the best possible earnings on your investment at all times. This is the main reason why some investors hire a professional property management company to take care and maintain their property along with ensuring that the property is occupied by quality tenants. However, it is very important to properly check out the list of services that the company provides to its clients. Here are some of the important long term property leasing and management services that a property management company must offer.
- Effective marketing: The property management companies are familiar with the latest strategies in marketing. They have good knowledge of where to market your property in order to attract a larger group of applicants in a short period of time.
- Comprehensive Analysis of Current Market: Many a times a property stays vacant without any tenant due to the over estimation of the property’s value by the owner. The property managers conduct a thorough analysis to compare your property with the other similar rental properties available in your area which helps them decide on a competitive price for your property. The property managers also let you know of any modifications that are required to attract more tenants and get the maximum returns for your rental property.
- Quality Tenants: The most important aspect of a successful property management is careful screening of the potential tenants. They understand the importance of quality and reliable tenants that stay for long. The Rental Management Company aims to sign a lease with only those applicants who have an income which is at least 3 times the rent, have no criminal record and have a good credit score.
- Exclusive Locator Services: Apart from complete property management, The Rental Management Company also offers a one-time add on service to their clients. They carry out a complete market analysis, advertize your property, screen applicants and perform all necessary paperwork. They also help in rent collection and maintenance of the property and ensure that you get hassle free property management services.
For more information about the long term property leasing and management services provided by The Rental Management Company, you can contact us at (361) 949-9050.
If you are planning a vacation and want to experience the travel destination from a local’s point of view, then you can consider staying at a vacation rental home, which is an experience of home away from home. Many tourists prefer to book a vacation rental home rather than staying at a hotel, as vacation rentals are not only cheaper than hotel rooms, but also offer more privacy and fun. You can relax, cook your own meals and stay with your entire family or a group of friends.
Here are some tips that will help you find a vacation rental home.
- Access your requirements: Before you start looking for a vacation rental home, it is crucial that you understand your needs. Be specific, whether you want to stay near the beach or away from the waters. You must decide a budget so that you know how much you can spend on the rental. By staying at a distance from the beach, you can save some money, which you can use for buying groceries and other required items.
- Time of booking: If you are in the city for some special event, a tournament, a festival or any conference, you should book a vacation rental home in advance; as it helps you get an affordable deal as well as offers convenience.
- Check out the facilities in the vacation rental home: To make sure that your stay is comfortable, check that all the facilities that you require are available in the vacation rental home. It should have a well-equipped kitchen and bathrooms. There should be sufficient rooms and other facilities that you seek. Some vacation rental homes offer all the luxuries such as pool, patios, luxurious baths, etc. Your purpose of the visit may help you decide what you seek. If your kids are accompanying you, then the vacation rental home should offer them enough space.
- Safety: Safety of the vacation rental home is paramount. When you rent out a vacation rental, ensure that you know who owns the rental and collect all the necessary information. If required, authenticate the property by visiting the owner’s website and go through the online reviews and the social networking sites. Also, make sure that the property is in good condition and is not in foreclosure.
You should also make sure you review the contract carefully and be aware of the terms and conditions of the vacation rental company.
If you are planning a long stay in a location of your choice it can be both a convenient and cost-effective option to opt for a rental home. There are various vacation rentals at North Padre Island and can give you the ambience and comfort of home. While being more affordable than putting up in a hotel they provide the best of services. If you are planning a long stay at your favorite place, you should definitely look into rental options and choose from them to make the most of your stay. To make sure that you get your money’s worth there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Taking a close look at the following tips can help.
While looking for a long term rental, consider the following factors carefully first –
- Decide whether you want to stay within city limits or want a place on the outskirts.
- Decide the kind of accommodation you are looking for- villa, apartment, residence, cottage etc.
- Consider how many people you are bringing, and if you are bringing pets along.
- Consider carefully if you have any special requirements regarding your place of stay.
- Decide on your budget and stick to it. This helps narrow your search down.
- Search the market for good, reputed rental agencies and select the best three or four.
The Renting Process and Considerations
When you have made your initial plans, it is time to talk to the rental agencies of your choice and looking at the kind of options you have available. The Rental Management Company (TRMC) offers rental apartments and condos for vacations. Specify your criteria clearly and look for a property which meets them. Being persistent and not compromising on your requirements is a must. Reviews from previous renters and word of mouth information can be very helpful.
When you have shortlisted a few good options, it is time to assess them objectively. Consider if the rent being charged is fair keeping in mind the space and services on offer. Consider the neighborhood the property is located in and the amenities available nearby. Having a list of different places to choose from gives you the option to be pragmatic and take smart decisions.
The old adage “the early bird catches the worm” could not be more applicable when it comes to finding the long term rentals in North Padre Islands. But before you get all Gung Ho to leap right in and start your rental hunt, it is important that you go through the following deets:
- Stay in your budget: Sometimes, we get all caught up in searching the perfect vacation rental that stretching another $500 doesn’t seem like a big deal. This is not the game you want to play! It is important for you to consider your budget, additional costs and monthly wage before you start the rental hunt. To make sure you don’t bust your budget, you can follow the “one-third rule” i.e. try not to go beyond the one third of your monthly wage.
- Choose the rental: Before you go all head over heels for a rental, make sure you have explored all your options. It is also important to pre-decide the type of accommodation you are willing to rent. Some of the types of properties you can consider for renting in North Padre Islands include apartment, condo, town home, duplex etc. To make your search easier, we, at The Rental Management Company showcases all the available long term as well as vacation rentals in North Padre on our website. You can choose to narrow your search by rental type, pet allowance, amenities and occupancy using the search tools available on the website.
- Decide on the amenities: Another important step associated with the long term renting involves choosing the desirable amenities. Our property management company offers a range of beautiful and affordable rentals with thoughtful amenities and fancy extras like swimming pool and balcony for you to choose from. You can also consider renting the pet friendly property in case you own a pet.
- Negotiate the concession: Once you are done selecting the type of accommodation and prioritizing the amenities, make sure you negotiate the concession with the owners. If you have a good credit score, chances are you would avail significant benefits in rent. If the rent of the property is already reasonable, be frank to negotiate on security deposits or request extra amenities.
For information regarding the available long term rentals in North Padre Island, you can visit us at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418 or call at (361) 949-9050.