The best vacation rental marketing strategy is one that is based on providing value to the customer. It focuses on selling value in terms of products and services for the existing price. Successful marketing is all about reaching a higher number of potential clients in an efficient, effective and economical manner.
Listed below are some tips to get the most out of a marketing strategy for your vacation rental:
- Build Value: When marketing a vacation rental, it is important to ensure that your guests should feel that they are being offered more value than they are paying for. This can be done by investing in interior designing, comfort, quality of service and the overall guest experience. For example, decorate the vacation rental with modern pieces of decor, provide fresh linens, stock the kitchen and bathrooms, offer quality toiletries, etc.
- Invest In Professional Pictures: Pictures are the first thing to catch the eye of a potential guest searching for a vacation rental online. So, invest in the services of a professional photographer and get some impressive and well-lit pictures of your rental. The pictures should highlight the best aspects of your vacation rental.
- Optimize Property Descriptions: The headlines and property descriptions on online property listings have a huge impact on attracting potential customers. Use specific, clear and well-written headlines. The description should contain accurate information about the number of rooms, amenities, facilities and more.
- Provide A Contact Number: There should be a number on which potential guests can get back to you with their inquiries about the rentals. Providing such a number creates an opportunity to build value through customer service. This adds to the credibility of your services and also creates a professional image.
- Invest in Professional Services: Professional vacation rental management companies like The Rental Management Company focus on formulating effective marketing strategies for the vacation rentals. Invest in the services of professionals to reach out to larger number of potential guests.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services to vacation rental owners in North Padre Island and Corpus Christi. The vacation rental management services include effective marketing, online listing of the property on company website, management of repairs and property maintenance, etc.. To know about more about marketing tips for vacation rentals, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are a highly sought after accommodation due to the benefits they have to offer. They are affordable and at the same time provide a variety of amenities and facilities for residents. High demand makes them a good investment option for those looking for a constant source of income.
Here are some tips to keep in mind if you are planning to invest in a vacation rental:
- Research: The key to making the right choice of a vacation rental investment is to research thoroughly. Pay special attention to important factors like market conditions, weather, proximity to amenities, inventory, demand, etc. Consider seeking help from professionals to make an informed investment decision.
- Condition: Before finalizing a vacation rental, ask for a walk-through in order to check its condition. The condition of the property will give you an insight into the expenses you will have to incur to get it into a marketable position. It is recommended to opt for a property in good condition so as to minimize expenses related to repairs and renovations.
- Location: Location is one of the most important factors to consider as it will determine how frequently your vacation rental will be occupied. Tap into tourist hotspots or under-served areas as these will stand out from properties in an oversaturated market. Look for properties near to the beach or popular getaways.
- Local Laws: Before finalizing a property, educate yourself on the local laws. Be aware of new legislations and their implications on vacation rental ownership.
- Maintenance: Consider the expenses you may incur to keep the vacation rental in great condition in order for it to be attractive and relevant for potential clients. You can also consult a vacation rental management agency for property maintenance.
- Marketing Plan: You will have to formulate an effective marketing plan for your target audience to consider renting your vacation rental. For this, you may have to take the help of an expert to choose a medium of advertizing that suits your budget and gets the job done effectively.
The Rental Management Company helps its clients in making profitable vacation rental investments. The team ensures that the client chooses a suitable property so that the investment will translate into higher returns. To know about more things to consider before investing in vacation rentals, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are meant to feel like a home away from home; so, most of them are equipped with essentials and a few extras to enhance a guest’s stay. Nevertheless, it is advisable to pack strategically for a comfortable and memorable stay. When packing for a vacation rental, you should consider factors such as the demographics of your family/group, length of stay, weather conditions of the place, medical conditions and personal preferences.
Following are some things you must remember to pack when planning for a vacation rental stay:
- Essential Clothing: Pack weather appropriate clothing, bathing suits, comfortable night wear, socks, handkerchiefs, face masks, a robe, a sun hat and comfortable shoes/footwear.
- Kitchen Essentials: You can expect basic kitchen supplies in your vacation rental but it would be good to carry along items that you use frequently in your own kitchen. These include condiments, paper towels, coffee filters, coffee, sugar, favorite snacks, a corkscrew, cereal, aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, paper plates, disposable glasses, crock-pot, salt and pepper, spices, bin bags, dishwashing soap, etc.
- Bathroom Essentials: For the bathroom, pack your favorite soap for a home-like feel or if allergic to common brands, safety pins, shampoo, conditioner, hair color, toothpaste, a body wash, shower cap, your toothbrush, floss and grooming supplies (razor, deodorant, hairdryer, nail cutter, perfume, hair brush, etc.)
- Pet Supplies: If you have a pet and there are no restrictions at the vacation rental for bringing it along, there are a couple of things that you should pack for your furry friend. These include a pet first-aid kit, a fetch toy, pick-up bags, life jacket, leash/harness and a pet water bottle.
- Entertainment And Electronics: Assign a separate bag for electronics such as tablets, streaming devices, a portable mini speaker, charging cables, a selfie stick, water proof pouch, power bank, batteries, DVDs, your gaming system, cameras, etc. Also, be prepared for unpredictable situations like poor weather that may warrant you to stay indoors and entertain yourself. For such situations, pack some books, magazines, board games, card games, and any other form of entertainment supplies to keep you occupied and engaged.
- General Stuff: Some general stuff to pack includes medication, your eye glasses, umbrellas, writing material (note pads and colored pencils/pens), a night light, bed rail (for a baby), cloth hangers, stroller, beach/pool toys, sunscreen, bikes, a huge tote/ beach bag, a headlamp/flashlight, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, disposable plastic gloves, etc.
- Important Documents: Make it a point to carry a separate pouch and pack your driver’s license, health insurance cards, auto insurance cards, rental confirmation information and credit/debit cards.
The Rental Management Company offers well-furnished vacation rentals in Corpus Christi. The vacation rentals are equipped with amenities that are necessary to ensure a comfortable stay for the guests. For more details on things to pack for your stay, call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Apart from ensuring that the vacation rental has high occupancy rate, maintenance is also essential to ensure high ROI. Also in order to uphold the value of a vacation rental, it is important to prioritize the maintenance and repair tasks. Regular maintenance keeps the property protected from routine damage and keeps the rental guests happy.
While every maintenance request should be responded to in an organized and timely manner, some tasks truly require immediate attention. Thus, there are various things that should be considered when assessing maintenance tasks.
All maintenance requests can be prioritized based on following criteria:
- Identify The Priority Of Maintenance Tasks: Emergency maintenance tasks are the ones that require immediate and effective attention to avoid compromising the safety, general habitability, and long-term investment of the property. Problems such as power loss, a burst pipe, fire, or HVAC failure are examples of emergency situations. They may cost a lot if not immediately rectified. A quick response here is the key to ensure the guests’ safety and the integrity of the property. Keep the concerned vendors’ list on-hand for the management team to promptly contact the right vendor.
Medium-priority maintenance tasks primarily consist of preventative maintenance such as debris and bush removal for fire prevention, slip prevention in the fall and winter, etc. These tasks are crucial to ensure that the property stays in good shape, and play a key role in long-term operations. All these are time-sensitive tasks but not urgent. Such tasks will affect operations eventually and need to be performed to maintain optimum property value.
- Navigate High To Medium Priority Maintenance Requests: Once the maintenance requests have been categorized as per their priority levels, start resolving them starting with the highest priority task.
- Assessing Low Priority Tasks: These tasks neither pose a safety risk nor do they prevent guests from utilizing the vacation rental as needed. These include tasks like replacing the oven’s light bulb, cosmetic wall repairs, etc. Just ensure that these are eventually done to avoid complaints from the guests.
The Rental Management Company assists property owners in managing maintenance requests for their rental investment property. The property managers provide services such as performing property maintenance tasks and repairs on time. To know more about ways to prioritize maintenance requests, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Vacation rentals are a practical and economical option for large groups and families going on vacations. The process of looking for a vacation rental that meets the budget and personal requirements can be simplified by determining individual requirements before renting. Before signing a vacation rental lease, go through every term and condition thoroughly, clear any doubts, inspect the property, and assess other details that are required. Some advanced planning and research can help in ensuring that the stay is enjoyable and fulfilling.
Some important tips to keep in mind before signing a vacation rental lease are:
- Read The Terms: It helps to know what to expect from the rental and what are the responsibilities of a guest before signing a contract. Read each term and condition stated in the lease agreement carefully while noting the liability towards expenses like internet, housekeeping, cable, phone service, and other facilities.
- Consider Additional Costs: There may be a requirement to pay additional costs for water and some utilities, if mentioned in the lease term. Before signing an agreement, ask the property owner if there is any liability to pay the additional costs. Thereafter, analyze the actual amount to be paid and potential costs before finalizing the booking.
- Read Reviews: Reviews can provide an in-depth analysis of what it is like to stay in the vacation rental. Do not just skim through them but also read them thoroughly because there may be some of the most relevant points between the lines.
- Ask Questions: Asking questions can provide potentially crucial information so ask as many as possible before signing the contract. Examples of things to ask about are the mode of payments (check or cash), stay rules, maximum occupancy, emergency contact numbers, housekeeping/cleaning services, conditions for getting the security deposit back, check in/check out timings, late check out fees, safety measures, etc.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals to its clients. The agents assist the clients in understanding the vacation rental lease. To know more about quick tips about vacation rental leases, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Availability of essential amenities are one of the important factors that most vacationers consider before renting a property. Available amenities determine the type of potential guests, rental value, etc. The presence or absence of such amenities has a direct impact on the number of bookings and earnings from a vacation rental.
Must-have amenities for vacation rental homes to stand out and attract more guests are:
- High-Speed Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is a necessity that almost every guest expects in a vacation rental home. The Wi-Fi provided should be fast and secure so as to provide uninterrupted internet services.
- 24-Hour Open: Vacation rental guests appreciate 24-hour open facility as this lets them enjoy the freedom of exploring a new place without having to worry about getting back to the rental by a specific time. Invest in automated systems like keyless entry, lockboxes, etc. to enhance the quality of your guest’s stay.
- Entertainment: Your guests also expect some form of entertainment for the moments when they will be indoors. For this, you should provide options such as cable TV, streaming services, chargers, adapters, surround sound systems, books, DVDs, game consoles and a variety of family-friendly games.
- Maps, Recommendations and Guidebooks: Providing information about local features like historical sites, restaurants, cafes, etc. in the area in the form of maps, recommendations and guidebooks is another valuable feature for guests.
- Kitchen Amenities: A well stocked kitchen with basic supplies like glasses, plates, basic seasoning, spices, etc. is a major attraction for guests. In addition to these, also provide cookware, a custom-stocked fridge and cleaning supplies.
- Bathroom Amenities: Provide bathroom amenities like travel-size toiletries, shampoo dispensers, body lotions, mouthwash, toothpaste, clean towels, hair appliances, etc. to make your guests feel special.
- Bedroom Amenities: To ensure your guests enjoy a sound sleep while at your vacation rental, provide fluffy pillows, quality sheets, comforting blankets, sleep masks, earplugs, etc. You can also invest in quality blinds or blackout curtains, electric fans, an air conditioning system, night lights and mosquito nets for added comfort.
- Cleaning And Storage Amenities: Amenities like a washer and dryer, clothing storage, an iron, a coat rack, shoe rack, air fresheners, etc. are highly sought after in vacation rentals.
- Outdoor Amenities: Equip the outdoors with sun lounges, hammocks or couches to facilitate more relaxation and enjoyment. Invest in good outdoor lighting fixtures, provide ample parking space and also include outdoor entertainment like badminton equipment, Frisbees, barbeque, etc.
The property managers at The Rental Management Company ensure to provide essential amenities in a vacation rental home. They also look after maintenance and repair of each vacation rental. For details about must-have amenities for every vacation rental home, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at: (361) 949 – 9050.
Nature and its ways are unpredictable. We can’t control the destructive ways of nature, but we can prepare ourselves better to prevent destruction to our property and harm to our loved ones. Vacation rentals are meant to be safe and fun places to unwind with friends and family or during work-related trips. However, hurricanes pose a big threat to guests and property if not well prepared. Making a vacation rental hurricane-proof should be a matter of high-priority in areas that are prone to storms.
Let’s take a look at some simple and practical ways by which vacation rentals can be made immune to hurricanes and their devastating effects:
- Keep A Tab On Forecasts: Keep in touch with the updates by National Hurricane Center on hurricane developments, weather alerts and forecasts. It’s always helpful to know about an approaching hurricane 2-3 days in advance as this gives some time to brace up for it.
- Fasten The Doors And Windows: Strengthen the doors and windows of your vacation rental such that they are able to bear the impact of high winds, hail, heavy rain and flying debris. For this you will have to install impact-resistant glass/shutters. Exterior doors should also be wind-resistant. Hurricane-proof doors are usually made of Fiberglass.
- Landscaping: A neat and clean well-kempt yard greatly contributes to preventing damage caused by loose branches flying off and damaging property or injuring someone. Vacation rentals in hurricane-prone areas should be religiously landscaped and wobbly trees should be professionally removed.
- Use Construction Fastening Means: A construction fastening system is a must to hold down your vacation rental in the eventuality of a hurricane. Tie-downs, lateral anchors, embedded connectors and hold-downs are some examples of such systems.
- Garage Doors: Garage doors are often overlooked when hurricane proofing a vacation rental. Just like the doors and windows of the rental, garage door should also be one that is strong enough to bear the impact of a hurricane. You should preferably install a steel garage door for maximum protection.
- Keep Gutters And Downspouts Clean: Nothing should block water from flowing during hurricanes. Regularly inspect the gutters and downspouts for blockages caused by dry leaves and other debris. This will minimize the chances of flooding.
- Have A Standby Generator: The power grid is usually the first thing to shut off during a hurricane. Prepare for this by keeping a standby generator handy. This will ensure that your vacation rentals’ electric power is not affected by a power outage.
- Ample Supplies: Hurricanes may mean staying indoors for a couple of days. To be prepared for this, on the slightest warning of a hurricane, start gathering supplies of food items, candles, water and so on.
For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Preparing a vacation rental for your guests goes a long way in ensuring that the condition of your rental is immune to accidental damages. However, a few things can be done to ensure your property is better prepared for guests and reduce the chances of things getting misplaced, broken or spilled.
Following is a list of things that can be done to guest-proof a vacation rental:
- A Welcome Book: Offer your guests a hardcopy or a digital pamphlet containing information like Wi-Fi password, house rules, emergency exits and numbers, instructions for equipment offered such as bicycles, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Protect The Floors: Increase life of the floors of your vacation rental by spreading rugs and floor mats. Floors made out of carpet, hardwood and tile benefit the most from this. It’s easier to clean a floor mat or rug on which something has been spilled upon than to rectify the damage caused to expensive flooring. You can also ask your guests to take-off their shoes while they are inside the rental. Place a shoe rack or basket at the entry to encourage this habit.
- Emergency Lighting And Night Lights: You can avoid accidents and mishaps by providing your guests with emergency lighting options such as torches, battery powered candles and touch lights for moving through hallways, or going to the washroom at night.
- Label Kitchen Cabinets: Labelling kitchen cabinets makes it convenient for guests to find things easily.
Curtains: Use curtains instead of expensive blinds and other window treatments for vacation rentals targeting families with small children and pets. Even if damaged in any way, it does not cost much to get them replaced.
- Decorations: Keep your vacation rental minimalistic and avoid expensive items of décor. Avoid glass objects and other breakable items when decorating.
- Keep Cleaning Products And Cables Away: Electronic cables on low lying cabinets should be neatly tucked away to avoid accidental entanglement and consequent falls & injuries. The same goes for cleaning products. Keeping them away in closed cabinets prevents accidental spillage or consumption by small children and pets.
- Use Minimal Wood: There is no doubt that wood looks classy and beautiful in homes but using them in vacation rentals on chairs, bedposts and other pieces of furniture makes it vulnerable to damage. Wood requires a lot of care and maintenance which your guests are not bound to do.
The Rental Management Company offers a number of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Take your vacation rental to the next level and set it apart from the rest by adding a few luxurious elements to it. Give your clients a taste of luxury with the following tips:
- Bedroom: Revamp your bedroom to start with. Invest in a good quality mattress, a down comforter, plump down pillows and cotton sheets with the highest thread count for maximum comfort. The bed should be a queen or king size bed with a beautiful headboard. Place side tables on each side of the bed and decorate them with decent looking bed-side lamps. A little desk, comfy chairs, a TV cabinet and a nice dresser can make a huge difference in the appeal and aesthetics of a bedroom.
- Bathroom: A clutter-free, clean and serene-looking bathroom is what you should strive to create in your vacation rental. Add some tasteful minimalistic decor items and amenities such as glass-enclosed walk-in-showers, a Jacuzzi tub, deep sinks, unique soaps and scents, plush towels, good-quality bathrobes, and more.
- Entry Way: Make your vacation rental’s entry-way warm and welcoming for a luxurious feel. For this, you may have to invest in some dim lights, an entryway table, a centerpiece, books, flower arrangements, statement mirrors, artwork, etc.
- Window Treatments: These make a world of a difference in the overall get-up of a space. For a luxurious look and feel, you should invest in custom draperies made from fabrics that blend with your space and match your personal tastes. Silks, linen and damasks are ideal fabric choices for a rich look. If your budget allows, use black-out curtains in the bedrooms for the ultimate hotel-like experience.
- Climate Control: To achieve the perfect indoor temperature, install a programmable thermostat in your home. They assess your temperature habits over a period of time and automatically customize the temperature for you.
- Lighting: Your vacation rental should be bright and well-lit to look luxurious. For this you can use chandeliers, art lights, wall sconces, sculptural light fixtures, lamps, mood lighting or simply floor to ceiling windows.
- Flowers And Greenery: Adding flowers and greenery instantly adds life and elegance to any space. Place aromatic flowers in your entry-way. Add some house plants to luxe-up every room.
- Layer The Look: Choose hard and resilient flooring like travertine, hardwood or marble. Layer them with plush area rugs in the entryway or seating areas. Use decorative pillows and trims to accent your sofas and chairs.
We offer luxurious vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.