Vacation rentals are a practical and economical option for large groups and families going on vacations. The process of looking for a vacation rental that meets the budget and personal requirements can be simplified by determining individual requirements before renting. Before signing a vacation rental lease, go through every term and condition thoroughly, clear any doubts, inspect the property, and assess other details that are required. Some advanced planning and research can help in ensuring that the stay is enjoyable and fulfilling.
Some important tips to keep in mind before signing a vacation rental lease are:
- Read The Terms: It helps to know what to expect from the rental and what are the responsibilities of a guest before signing a contract. Read each term and condition stated in the lease agreement carefully while noting the liability towards expenses like internet, housekeeping, cable, phone service, and other facilities.
- Consider Additional Costs: There may be a requirement to pay additional costs for water and some utilities, if mentioned in the lease term. Before signing an agreement, ask the property owner if there is any liability to pay the additional costs. Thereafter, analyze the actual amount to be paid and potential costs before finalizing the booking.
- Read Reviews: Reviews can provide an in-depth analysis of what it is like to stay in the vacation rental. Do not just skim through them but also read them thoroughly because there may be some of the most relevant points between the lines.
- Ask Questions: Asking questions can provide potentially crucial information so ask as many as possible before signing the contract. Examples of things to ask about are the mode of payments (check or cash), stay rules, maximum occupancy, emergency contact numbers, housekeeping/cleaning services, conditions for getting the security deposit back, check in/check out timings, late check out fees, safety measures, etc.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals to its clients. The agents assist the clients in understanding the vacation rental lease. To know more about quick tips about vacation rental leases, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Availability of essential amenities are one of the important factors that most vacationers consider before renting a property. Available amenities determine the type of potential guests, rental value, etc. The presence or absence of such amenities has a direct impact on the number of bookings and earnings from a vacation rental.
Must-have amenities for vacation rental homes to stand out and attract more guests are:
- High-Speed Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is a necessity that almost every guest expects in a vacation rental home. The Wi-Fi provided should be fast and secure so as to provide uninterrupted internet services.
- 24-Hour Open: Vacation rental guests appreciate 24-hour open facility as this lets them enjoy the freedom of exploring a new place without having to worry about getting back to the rental by a specific time. Invest in automated systems like keyless entry, lockboxes, etc. to enhance the quality of your guest’s stay.
- Entertainment: Your guests also expect some form of entertainment for the moments when they will be indoors. For this, you should provide options such as cable TV, streaming services, chargers, adapters, surround sound systems, books, DVDs, game consoles and a variety of family-friendly games.
- Maps, Recommendations and Guidebooks: Providing information about local features like historical sites, restaurants, cafes, etc. in the area in the form of maps, recommendations and guidebooks is another valuable feature for guests.
- Kitchen Amenities: A well stocked kitchen with basic supplies like glasses, plates, basic seasoning, spices, etc. is a major attraction for guests. In addition to these, also provide cookware, a custom-stocked fridge and cleaning supplies.
- Bathroom Amenities: Provide bathroom amenities like travel-size toiletries, shampoo dispensers, body lotions, mouthwash, toothpaste, clean towels, hair appliances, etc. to make your guests feel special.
- Bedroom Amenities: To ensure your guests enjoy a sound sleep while at your vacation rental, provide fluffy pillows, quality sheets, comforting blankets, sleep masks, earplugs, etc. You can also invest in quality blinds or blackout curtains, electric fans, an air conditioning system, night lights and mosquito nets for added comfort.
- Cleaning And Storage Amenities: Amenities like a washer and dryer, clothing storage, an iron, a coat rack, shoe rack, air fresheners, etc. are highly sought after in vacation rentals.
- Outdoor Amenities: Equip the outdoors with sun lounges, hammocks or couches to facilitate more relaxation and enjoyment. Invest in good outdoor lighting fixtures, provide ample parking space and also include outdoor entertainment like badminton equipment, Frisbees, barbeque, etc.
The property managers at The Rental Management Company ensure to provide essential amenities in a vacation rental home. They also look after maintenance and repair of each vacation rental. For details about must-have amenities for every vacation rental home, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at: (361) 949 – 9050.
Nature and its ways are unpredictable. We can’t control the destructive ways of nature, but we can prepare ourselves better to prevent destruction to our property and harm to our loved ones. Vacation rentals are meant to be safe and fun places to unwind with friends and family or during work-related trips. However, hurricanes pose a big threat to guests and property if not well prepared. Making a vacation rental hurricane-proof should be a matter of high-priority in areas that are prone to storms.
Let’s take a look at some simple and practical ways by which vacation rentals can be made immune to hurricanes and their devastating effects:
- Keep A Tab On Forecasts: Keep in touch with the updates by National Hurricane Center on hurricane developments, weather alerts and forecasts. It’s always helpful to know about an approaching hurricane 2-3 days in advance as this gives some time to brace up for it.
- Fasten The Doors And Windows: Strengthen the doors and windows of your vacation rental such that they are able to bear the impact of high winds, hail, heavy rain and flying debris. For this you will have to install impact-resistant glass/shutters. Exterior doors should also be wind-resistant. Hurricane-proof doors are usually made of Fiberglass.
- Landscaping: A neat and clean well-kempt yard greatly contributes to preventing damage caused by loose branches flying off and damaging property or injuring someone. Vacation rentals in hurricane-prone areas should be religiously landscaped and wobbly trees should be professionally removed.
- Use Construction Fastening Means: A construction fastening system is a must to hold down your vacation rental in the eventuality of a hurricane. Tie-downs, lateral anchors, embedded connectors and hold-downs are some examples of such systems.
- Garage Doors: Garage doors are often overlooked when hurricane proofing a vacation rental. Just like the doors and windows of the rental, garage door should also be one that is strong enough to bear the impact of a hurricane. You should preferably install a steel garage door for maximum protection.
- Keep Gutters And Downspouts Clean: Nothing should block water from flowing during hurricanes. Regularly inspect the gutters and downspouts for blockages caused by dry leaves and other debris. This will minimize the chances of flooding.
- Have A Standby Generator: The power grid is usually the first thing to shut off during a hurricane. Prepare for this by keeping a standby generator handy. This will ensure that your vacation rentals’ electric power is not affected by a power outage.
- Ample Supplies: Hurricanes may mean staying indoors for a couple of days. To be prepared for this, on the slightest warning of a hurricane, start gathering supplies of food items, candles, water and so on.
For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Preparing a vacation rental for your guests goes a long way in ensuring that the condition of your rental is immune to accidental damages. However, a few things can be done to ensure your property is better prepared for guests and reduce the chances of things getting misplaced, broken or spilled.
Following is a list of things that can be done to guest-proof a vacation rental:
- A Welcome Book: Offer your guests a hardcopy or a digital pamphlet containing information like Wi-Fi password, house rules, emergency exits and numbers, instructions for equipment offered such as bicycles, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Protect The Floors: Increase life of the floors of your vacation rental by spreading rugs and floor mats. Floors made out of carpet, hardwood and tile benefit the most from this. It’s easier to clean a floor mat or rug on which something has been spilled upon than to rectify the damage caused to expensive flooring. You can also ask your guests to take-off their shoes while they are inside the rental. Place a shoe rack or basket at the entry to encourage this habit.
- Emergency Lighting And Night Lights: You can avoid accidents and mishaps by providing your guests with emergency lighting options such as torches, battery powered candles and touch lights for moving through hallways, or going to the washroom at night.
- Label Kitchen Cabinets: Labelling kitchen cabinets makes it convenient for guests to find things easily.
Curtains: Use curtains instead of expensive blinds and other window treatments for vacation rentals targeting families with small children and pets. Even if damaged in any way, it does not cost much to get them replaced.
- Decorations: Keep your vacation rental minimalistic and avoid expensive items of décor. Avoid glass objects and other breakable items when decorating.
- Keep Cleaning Products And Cables Away: Electronic cables on low lying cabinets should be neatly tucked away to avoid accidental entanglement and consequent falls & injuries. The same goes for cleaning products. Keeping them away in closed cabinets prevents accidental spillage or consumption by small children and pets.
- Use Minimal Wood: There is no doubt that wood looks classy and beautiful in homes but using them in vacation rentals on chairs, bedposts and other pieces of furniture makes it vulnerable to damage. Wood requires a lot of care and maintenance which your guests are not bound to do.
The Rental Management Company offers a number of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Take your vacation rental to the next level and set it apart from the rest by adding a few luxurious elements to it. Give your clients a taste of luxury with the following tips:
- Bedroom: Revamp your bedroom to start with. Invest in a good quality mattress, a down comforter, plump down pillows and cotton sheets with the highest thread count for maximum comfort. The bed should be a queen or king size bed with a beautiful headboard. Place side tables on each side of the bed and decorate them with decent looking bed-side lamps. A little desk, comfy chairs, a TV cabinet and a nice dresser can make a huge difference in the appeal and aesthetics of a bedroom.
- Bathroom: A clutter-free, clean and serene-looking bathroom is what you should strive to create in your vacation rental. Add some tasteful minimalistic decor items and amenities such as glass-enclosed walk-in-showers, a Jacuzzi tub, deep sinks, unique soaps and scents, plush towels, good-quality bathrobes, and more.
- Entry Way: Make your vacation rental’s entry-way warm and welcoming for a luxurious feel. For this, you may have to invest in some dim lights, an entryway table, a centerpiece, books, flower arrangements, statement mirrors, artwork, etc.
- Window Treatments: These make a world of a difference in the overall get-up of a space. For a luxurious look and feel, you should invest in custom draperies made from fabrics that blend with your space and match your personal tastes. Silks, linen and damasks are ideal fabric choices for a rich look. If your budget allows, use black-out curtains in the bedrooms for the ultimate hotel-like experience.
- Climate Control: To achieve the perfect indoor temperature, install a programmable thermostat in your home. They assess your temperature habits over a period of time and automatically customize the temperature for you.
- Lighting: Your vacation rental should be bright and well-lit to look luxurious. For this you can use chandeliers, art lights, wall sconces, sculptural light fixtures, lamps, mood lighting or simply floor to ceiling windows.
- Flowers And Greenery: Adding flowers and greenery instantly adds life and elegance to any space. Place aromatic flowers in your entry-way. Add some house plants to luxe-up every room.
- Layer The Look: Choose hard and resilient flooring like travertine, hardwood or marble. Layer them with plush area rugs in the entryway or seating areas. Use decorative pillows and trims to accent your sofas and chairs.
We offer luxurious vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Owning a vacation rental is one thing and managing it is an entirely different thing. Managing a vacation rental is a skillful job that requires a significant amount of time and energy. Hiring a professional vacation rental manager for the job is a smarter choice than managing it on your own. Let’s take a look at the reasons due to which this holds true:
- Peace Of Mind: The best part about hiring professionals to look after your vacation rental is peace of mind that you get to enjoy. Any calls related to the rental will be handled by the manager and he is to decide the course of action.
- Effective Sourcing And Screening Of Renters: Vacation rental managers are experts at looking for new renters and screening them. They have necessary resources, distribution channels and networks for the job. The owner doesn’t have to take care of issues like advertizing, attending rental calls and showing the property.
- Catching Up With The Latest Property Laws, Rules And Regulations: When it comes to laws, rules and regulations of vacation rentals, change is inevitable. Rental managers are always in touch with the latest changes and also guide property owners accordingly.
- Expert Guidance: Rental managers can help in setting an appropriate price for the vacation rental. They study market trends thoroughly and get you the best deal for your vacation rental.
- Added Level Of Security: Even if the vacation rental you own is far from where you live, hiring a professional vacation rental manger will ensure that the property is being taken care of and is occupied. This is mainly due to the routine checks and visits by rental managers and their maintenance services.
- Abundance Of Time: A lot of time is consumed in managing a vacation rental. If the owner has to manage it, he will always be occupied with one thing or another. Hiring a vacation rental manager frees up your time for more productive and meaningful tasks.
- Housekeeping And Maintenance: Your rental manager also takes care of housekeeping and maintenance logistics to provide consistent and good quality services to renters. This gives owner more time to focus on other aspects of the property.
- Customer Care: A customer’s call cannot be ignored when it comes to vacation rentals. They can be expected at any time of the day and might require immediate attention. Hiring a rental manager takes care of this, thus ensuring the goodwill of your vacation rental is maintained.
The Rental Management Company provides a wide range of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Finding the perfect vacation rental home with all the desired facilities can be a bit challenging task. A thorough research about the rental homes available in your preferred location and advanced planning can help you have a vacation that you always wanted.
The factors that you can keep in mind while comparing vacation rental homes are –
- Easy on the pocket – This is one of the most significant factors to be considered before renting a vacation home. You must be assured that the rental home is within your budget and there are no additional charges. Also inquire if there are any refunds on cancellation of booking.
- Rooms available – Depending upon the number of members that will be going on a vacation, shortlist homes that provide ample number of rooms to accommodate each of them. Make sure that there are different rooms available for the kids and an attic or a place to keep your luggage. You may also look for homes that offer a hall, deck or extra space to conduct parties and gatherings.
- Facilities offered – The rental home must offer basic amenities like furniture, washers, dryers etc. You may also look for additional facilities such as DVD player, internet connection, boat lift, swimming pool etc. The kitchen should be equipped with basic appliances and equipment like kettle, blender, knives, can opener and microwave. It would be an added benefit if housekeeping services are offered.
- Proximity to places of attraction – When choosing a rental home, note that it is situated close to local attractions, transport services, market, beaches, restaurants, health centers etc. This will ensure that you have a comfortable experience staying at the house. For this, you may take help of Google earth to search for the whereabouts of a particular property.
- View from the property –Look for a home that offers a beautiful view outside its window, like a beautiful sunrise, sunset or a beach. This will help you feel calm and close to nature. A home located on a busy street may spoil your plan of relaxing and a quiet getaway.
- Condition of the property – Be sure that the property is well maintained and the pictures provided on online listing websites are of high quality. The advertizement must contain images of all rooms including the bathrooms as well as patio, if any. The rooms must look clean, well-lit and spacious. This will allow you to have an idea about the available space.
- Pet Friendly – If you plan to take your pet on the trip, make sure that the vacation home is pet friendly. You may look up for the features such as dog doors, ceramic tiles or laminated flooring, slip proof area rugs etc. that will make the home comfortable for your pet too.
- Safety – Be assured that the home you choose to rent is well secured. If possible, you must gather information about the security features installed such as smoke detectors, fire extinguishers etc. If you are accompanied by your kids, make sure that the locality is safe and the house is properly fenced.
- Mode of rent payment – You may opt for the rental homes that allow you to pay the rent online or through credit or debit cards, since carrying large amount of cash while traveling is not a good idea.
- Additional facilities – Having some additional benefits along with the basic facilities is always appreciated. Try to book a vacation rental home that offers local travel guides, booklets, maps and information about places to visit in the city and vicinity.
A good vacation rental home will not only enhance your travel experience but will also help you to make remarkable memories.
If you are planning a trip to Corpus Christi, get in touch with The Rental Management Company. We have an extensive listing of vacation condos, townhomes and apartments that offer magnificent facilities. You can select from an array of vacation rental homes and have a perfect vacation. For more information call our real estate agents at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
North Padre Island is a beautiful attraction near Corpus Christi, which is one of the largest cities in Texas. The place is popular for its scenic beauty, white sand beaches and other local attractions. The island is a paradise for nature lovers and bird watchers along with people who like to spend some time relaxing on the beaches.
If you are planning to visit Corpus Christi or North Padre Island and want to enjoy the nature from close then you should consider staying in a vacation rental home. The best way to enjoy a new place, its culture and cuisine is by staying there like the locals. When you stay in hotels you are treated like a guest and you miss out on local experiences. The best holiday is to live like a local, eat like a local and experience the beauty of the place as if it was your new home.
There are numerous benefits of booking a vacation rental in Corpus Christi. The best thing is that your entire family or friends can stay together rather than staying in separate rooms. Moreover, you can enjoy as you wish, make noise, cook food, sleep where you want which is not possible in a hotel room. Staying in a hotel comes with a lot of dos and don’ts and the need to maintain decorum. A vacation rental home is a home away from home and you can stay comfortably as localities while mixing up with the local people and learning about their local customs and traditions.
The vacation rentals often have well equipped kitchens so you can cook your own food while also having the option to enjoy food at the local restaurants or food corners. If you cook yourself in the kitchen you can buy your own groceries and other essential items which this is another way to save money and explore the local markets and meet the local people. Corpus Christi has beach facing rentals that offer you the best view of the sea, sunrise and the sunset.
The Rental Management Company is a reputed organization that offers the best vacation rentals in North Padre Island. Their vacation rental properties are well maintained, affordable and well equipped. These rentals offer a great holidaying experience to tourists who want to see the place from the view of a local person. Whether you are on vacations with friends or family, the rental vacations help you create beautiful memories. To know more, call us at (361) 949 -9050.