November is the perfect time to gear up and prepare your vacation rental for the impending winters. Preparing for the winters early ensures your property is well-protected from icy-conditions or heavy snow and your guests feel comfortable and at home during their holiday.
The following are some tips on how to effectively prepare a vacation rental for winters:
- Deep clean: This is a good time to thoroughly clean your vacation rental and get rid of dirt and grime that has accumulated during summer. Wash the blankets and comforters, clean all the nooks and corners, replace the batteries in remotes, clean up the fireplace, carpet, curtains, flip mattresses and so on. If you find this overwhelming or simply don’t have enough time at your disposal, consider hiring a professional cleaning service.
- Stock up on winter supplies: Stock up on winter essentials like blankets, common medications, shampoo and conditioner, heavy duty brooms, light bulbs, wood, batteries, duvet covers, slippers, robes, hand warmers, eatables like chocolates and so on. This will be immensely helpful for your maintenance team and save a lot of time. Choose gender neutral colors and items when buying the supplies.
- Verify important systems: Schedule a property check-up with your maintenance team and check if all the vital systems of the vacation rental are in order. These include HVAC systems, fireplaces, hot tubs, snow-melt systems, furnace filters and more.
- Invest in weather necessities: If your vacation rental is situated in an area that snows a lot, invest in equipment like a snow shovel or blower. Also buy winter necessities like extra gloves, hand warmers and hats.
- Check the heating needs: It is important for your vacation rental to be heated at an appropriate level throughout winter. For this get a thorough understanding of how your heater works and the temperature it warms up to at specific settings. This will prevent unnecessary freezing and exorbitant heating bills. Keep the number of an on-call emergency contractor if you are not sure about your heating system.
- A few upgrades: Investing in smart technology can prove to be a boon during winter months. Smart technology can help you save money and easily maintain your vacation rental throughout winter. Examples of such upgrades are smart thermostats, smart water sensors, smart locks and more. Even when you are not on your property, you can still remotely monitor it with smart devices.
- Work on the exteriors: In addition to the internal work, there are somethings to be taken care of outdoors. For example, re-caulk window sills and door frames, turn off exterior faucets, disconnect garden hoses, drain sprinkler systems, clean chimney vents, etc. Your vacation rental will instantly look fresh and new with this effort.
For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
In order to ensure maximum bookings at a vacation rental, the property owner needs to undertake several responsibilities and duties. Advertizing the property, managing bookings, handling repairs and collecting rent are some of the tasks involved in managing a vacation rental, which require planning, time and efforts.
You can consider hiring the services of a professional property management company, as the staff is familiar with the real estate trends and housing laws to provide complete assistance through the process.
Here are some of the essential tips that can assist in efficiently managing your vacation rental:
- Extensive Marketing: Reaching the right group of audience through the appropriate channels is extremely important. Your rental listing should clearly stand out from the other properties. It is important to convince potential tenants to stay in your property. For this, you should post quality images, create appealing content and mention all the necessary information about the property along with your contact details.
- Price Reasonably: The rent amount that you quote should be appropriate for the type of property, size, location, booking date and amenities offered. Overpricing or underpricing your vacation rental can drive off many potential renters. To determine a suitable price, you can evaluate the current price trends in your area, major upcoming local events, the time of the season etc.
- Provide Amenities: In order to look out for a comfortable stay during the holiday period, vacationers often seek certain essential amenities in a rental home. These may include TV, cable, Wi-Fi, patio, fenced yard, swimming pool, boat/trailer parking, hot tub, elevator, DVD player, beach view etc. You should try and provide most of such amenities in your vacation rental.
- Outsource Maintenance: Keeping the home properly maintained is another important factor to increase its demand in the vacation rental market. However, managing a rental property can be time consuming and difficult if you have another full time job or live far away. Hiring a property management company can ease this responsibility while ensuring maximum occupancy in the home.
We, at The Rental Management Company, provide comprehensive property management services for vacation rentals in Corpus Christi, TX. Our agents strongly believe in quality control to ensure repeat business for your vacation rental. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.
Searching for the perfect vacation rental is not an easy task but there are ways to ensure that you get the right place to enjoy your holidays. With considerable growth in the Corpus Christi vacation rental industry, there are hordes of options for you to choose from.
As a renter, you have the advantage to live in a property that perfectly suits your tastes, requirements, location preferences and also offers the necessary amenities. Thus, before heading on with your search, it is important that you set certain parameters regarding your requirement in the vacation rental.
Given here are some important tips that can help you find the perfect vacation rental in Corpus Christi:
- Determine Your Search Criteria: While searching for a vacation rental, you would probably come across thousands of properties available. You must narrow down your options by determining the specific features that you want in the home. You can refine your search according to the property type (condo, single family, townhome or apartment), occupancy, number of bedrooms, pet policy and the amenities offered. You should try to be flexible but knowing all these factors will make you focus on only those properties that fit your needs.
- Set A Vacation Timeline: Setting an approximate time period for your holiday can also help to narrow your search. When you know the dates on which you will be staying at the vacation rental, you can easily set aside the properties that are booked. Also, planning the trip at a different time that the peak vacation season can also help you avail great discounts on your bookings.
- Prepare Your Queries: Once you have shortlisted a few properties, there might be a few things you would want to ask to the landlord or property management company. This will help you ensure that you can stay comfortably in the vacation rental. Make a list of all queries like the time can you check-in, what furnishings do they provide, is the kitchen fully equipped, etc. It is advisable that you clear out all these things initially so that you do not have any surprises later on.
- Know Your Budget: You might find an appropriate property but realize that it is way beyond your budget. Thus, you must set a definite price range and stick to it while searching for the vacation rental.
If you are looking for affordable yet quality vacation rentals in Corpus Christi, feel free to call The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.