Your vacation rental should offer a comfortable and welcoming stay to the guests. If you are looking for ways to boost the bookings of your vacation rental, you should be aware of the factors that impact bookings. Even the ideal vacation rental owners need to observe how certain aspects impact their position in the market and take necessary steps towards improving their prospects amongst competitors.
Essential factors which affect vacation rental bookings are:
- Website Design: A good vacation rental website is aesthetically appealing and also adaptable to devices like mobiles and tablets. To attract more rental bookings, it should be easy for potential clients to maneuver your website in order to find the required information. The requirements of effective website design are a consistent style, simple navigation, fast page speed, no music or video auto-play, etc.
- SEO And Marketing Techniques: Make it easier for potential renters to find you on a search engine with the help of online marketing techniques like social media marketing and SEO. A sure way of boosting the number of visits to your website and increasing bookings is to use the right keywords.
- Quality Of Listings: Pay attention to the quality of your listings. The listings should match the expectations of your target renters in terms of information provided, the property display and including the right words to describe the property.
- Reviews: Online reviews and recommendations have the potential to influence user decisions on the web. Anyone searching for vacation rentals will surely consider what previous guests have to say in the form of reviews. So, encourage your guests to leave an honest opinion of their experience on your website or any other online portal.
- Quality Of Photos: The interior and exterior photos of a property are the first impression of vacation rentals that potential renters get. Use them as a medium to showcase the finest aspects of your property and provide a glimpse of your professionalism. For this, ensure that photos are accurate and of professional quality.
- Response: To target the potential guests who prefer advance booking instead of instant bookings, it is important to exercise discipline by responding on time. To keep a tab on potential bookings and inquiries in your inbox, switch on mobile push notifications, set up email auto-responders and synchronize booking channels with the help of a channel manager. A quick response will cast a good impression on a potential tenant and increase the chances of earning more bookings.
The Rental Management Company provides property management services to vacation rental owners. The property managers have extensive knowledge and experience in managing properties. For further details on factors that impact vacation rental booking, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also contact (361) 949 – 9050.
Guests anticipate a unique experience, when booking a vacation rental. As the owner of a vacation rental, you should work towards being a great host to your guests in order to live up to their expectations. Small acts of hospitality can help you in making a guest’s stay memorable.
Following are some hospitality tips for vacation rental owners to create an ultimate experience for guests:
- Prepare The Bedroom: Provide guests with a high degree of comfort level by ensuring the bedroom exudes a luxurious feel. Use clean white bed sheets for creating a luxurious and calming effect in the room. Also, make sure to provide clean polyester-filled pillows.
- Clean The Bathrooms: The amenities provided in the bathroom and the level of cleanliness will impact your guest’s judgement of the vacation rental. Consider providing towel sets for guests that are preferably white and clean.
- Upgrade The Kitchen: To make the experience of your guests amazing, provide a clean kitchen with the latest upgrades. Place a new sponge, dish soap and a roll of paper towels for every new guest.
- Provide Amenities: To make your guests feel special, provide amenities like a hot tub, a pool, crock pot, a stand mixer or any other useful accessory. If your guests are a family with kids, provide kid-friendly stuff like a game console, board games, room games like ping pong, pool, foosball and so on.
- Hire A Third-Party Cleaning Service: Maintaining a high level of cleanliness is must for setting a high standard for your vacation rental. Consider hiring professional cleaners for deep cleaning tasks like window washing, carpet cleaning and more.
- Presentation And Personalization: The most successful vacation rental owners know the value of presentation and personalization for casting a lasting impact on guests. Well-made beds, neatly folded towels, fresh snacks, fresh flowers, a personalized thank you note, etc. help in increasing the appeal of a rental.
- Prepare A Visitors Guide: Provide guests with information pertaining to local attractions, entertainment venues, gas stations, pharmacies, popular landmarks and other useful details.
- Provide Important Information: Help your guests understand the working of appliances, security systems and electronics in the rental by providing an instruction booklet.
- Respect Their Privacy: A good host knows how to strike a balance between providing guests with the privacy they need while being accessible for emergencies.
The Rental Management Company provides property management services to vacation rental owners. For more details on hospitality tips for vacation rental owners or to know how The Rental Management Company can help, visit – 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
Furnishing your vacation rental tastefully will make it stand out from its competitors and ensure a memorable experience for your guests. A well-furnished vacation rental attracts new guests as well as earn the loyalty of regular guests to reap good reviews.
Following are some tips for furnishing your vacation rental to elevate its appeal:
- Define Your Target Audience: It is easier to furnish a vacation rental when you know the audience you are targeting. The furnishing requirements vary for elderly, students, families, businessmen, etc. Once you have shortlisted your target audience, you can focus on furnishing it as per the requirements of your guests.
- Set A Budget: Before embarking on the process of furnishing your vacation rental, it is important to estimate the cost that will be spent. You should make a list of the things that are necessary to buy as this will prevent purchasing items you already have such as towels, cutlery, bedsheets, etc. Always plan your budget as per retail prices of the furniture and then look for better deals with discounted prices.
- Research On Ideas: Research interior decoration magazines and online resources for decor ideas. This may help in providing an idea of prevailing styles and further be helpful in purchasing furniture items accordingly. You can also check the furnishings of other rentals in the market before choosing a style that may set you apart.
- Invest In Quality Furniture: When furnishing a vacation rental, it is important to buy high quality furniture as there will be a constant influx of visitors. It is advisable to buy durable furniture that is preferably stain resistant and scratch proof. This will eliminate the need to buy new furniture in near future.
- Provide Ample Storage: Storage is an important consideration while furnishing a vacation rental. Guests are likely to stay for a week or more in a vacation rental; thus they will require ample storage space such as closets, drawers, garment rails and so on.
- Play With Lighting: Lighting plays a huge role in building the aura of a space. Perk up the lighting of your vacation rental, with different choices for rooms such as the kitchen, living room, stairway and bathrooms. Use energy efficient lighting options as they are eco-friendly and last longer.
- Keep It Clean, Utilitarian And Simple: Choose a neutral palette for large pieces of furniture. You can also opt for multi-utility furniture that takes less space e.g. sofa beds with storage compartments, bunk beds in kids’ rooms etc. It is advisable to invest in a kitchen island with storage that will double up as a dining table and stock the kitchen with necessary appliances and tableware instead of crowding the space.
For more information on vacation rentals, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.
Preparing a vacation rental for your guests goes a long way in ensuring that the condition of your rental is immune to accidental damages. However, a few things can be done to ensure your property is better prepared for guests and reduce the chances of things getting misplaced, broken or spilled.
Following is a list of things that can be done to guest-proof a vacation rental:
- A Welcome Book: Offer your guests a hardcopy or a digital pamphlet containing information like Wi-Fi password, house rules, emergency exits and numbers, instructions for equipment offered such as bicycles, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Protect The Floors: Increase life of the floors of your vacation rental by spreading rugs and floor mats. Floors made out of carpet, hardwood and tile benefit the most from this. It’s easier to clean a floor mat or rug on which something has been spilled upon than to rectify the damage caused to expensive flooring. You can also ask your guests to take-off their shoes while they are inside the rental. Place a shoe rack or basket at the entry to encourage this habit.
- Emergency Lighting And Night Lights: You can avoid accidents and mishaps by providing your guests with emergency lighting options such as torches, battery powered candles and touch lights for moving through hallways, or going to the washroom at night.
- Label Kitchen Cabinets: Labelling kitchen cabinets makes it convenient for guests to find things easily.
Curtains: Use curtains instead of expensive blinds and other window treatments for vacation rentals targeting families with small children and pets. Even if damaged in any way, it does not cost much to get them replaced.
- Decorations: Keep your vacation rental minimalistic and avoid expensive items of décor. Avoid glass objects and other breakable items when decorating.
- Keep Cleaning Products And Cables Away: Electronic cables on low lying cabinets should be neatly tucked away to avoid accidental entanglement and consequent falls & injuries. The same goes for cleaning products. Keeping them away in closed cabinets prevents accidental spillage or consumption by small children and pets.
- Use Minimal Wood: There is no doubt that wood looks classy and beautiful in homes but using them in vacation rentals on chairs, bedposts and other pieces of furniture makes it vulnerable to damage. Wood requires a lot of care and maintenance which your guests are not bound to do.
The Rental Management Company offers a number of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.