Lack of space is one of the major concerns faced by most vacation rental owners. Travelers often look for spacious homes where they can stay comfortably during their vacation. However, you need not invest in costly and time consuming renovations to create space in your vacation home. Following some ingenious tricks to furnish the space can also help to catch the attention of potential tenants.
Here are some tips that can help to make your vacation home look bigger:
- Get Rid Of Clutter: You can efficiently give an airy feel to your home by opting for minimalist décor. Remove bulky furniture items or those that you use barely. Large decorative items can also render a cramped look to a room. Therefore, you should include only those items that are absolutely necessary to decorate your vacation home.
- Paint With Light Colors: While painting your vacation home, you should go for lighter and neutral shades, such as white, beige, cream etc. These colors reflect light and create an illusion of more space. Bright colored walls will not only make the room look smaller, but may also drive off many potential tenants.
- Utilize Vertical Space: Floor to ceiling shelves allow you to clear floor clutter and make the most out of the unused vertical space in your vacation home. Wall mounted shelves can work best in kitchens, living rooms as well as bedrooms and make the ceilings appear higher.
- Use Mirrors: As mirrors reflect light, they can surely make a small room look larger. Placing a large sized vertical mirror opposite a window or against the wall can make the room look to be doubled in size. Make sure you choose full length mirror with thin or no frame at all.
- Choose Furniture Wisely: While choosing furniture for your vacation rental home, you should go for the ones that maximize space while providing sufficient seating area. You can also buy multi-functional furniture that serves more than one purpose, such as a sofa bed. Furniture with minimal detailing and light colored finish are a good option for a small home.
- Allow Sufficient Lighting: Make sure your vacation rental home is adequately lit. Having a large window or bay area will brighten the room and draw the eye out to the landscape. Dim lighting will give a dull look and make your home appear even smaller.
We, at The Rental Management Company, can help to stage your vacation home in order to increase bookings. For more information, you can call us at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit our office at 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas 78418.