Vacation homes have become highly popular in the recent years. The idea of a relaxing vacation has grown from booking hotels to finding the perfect vacation home in the preferred location. These homes provide the guests with an exotic and intimate experience of the local life. As a vacation rental owner, you can follow a number of tactics to make your property more inviting to the travelers:
List Your Property On A Number Of Sites
- Upload Good Quality Photos: You may hire a professional real estate photographer to click photos of your property. The photos should highlight the features of the house. Good quality pictures will help to attract maximum prospective tenants.
- Create A Detailed And Engaging Description: Make sure you add a detailed description of your property in the online listings. It should highlight all the important aspects of your property such as the price, location, number of rooms in the house, occupancy and local attractions in the neighborhood.
- Create Social Media Accounts: This is the modern way of reaching out to prospective renters. Create accounts on websites like Facebook and Instagram to widen your reach. The profile page should contain all necessary details about your vacation home such as the address, photos of your property, contact number and email. Post daily updates regarding seasonal offers, availability and discounts. Make it a point to reply all messages and comments. If your guests permit, you can upload their photos on your social media accounts and share their experience of staying at your vacation home. Make sure you answer every email and attend all calls from interested renters.
Focus On Landscaping
A well maintained home is easier to rent and is more likely to catch the attention of the potential tenants. Thus, investing in the landscaping can help to make your property more inviting and beautiful. A professional landscaping service may be hired.
- Mow the lawn and trim the trees regularly.
- Repaint the fence and front door.
- Level the driveway and walkway.
- Replace mail box and add new lawn furniture to enhance the curb appeal
Choose The Right Furniture
To make your vacation home more inviting and comfortable, choose bold but useful furniture.
- Place big sofas and use throw blankets as well as pillows to add a cozy touch.
- Provide extra chairs in the dining as well as living room to provide sufficient seating options for the guests.
- Hang artwork on the walls, place elegant vases and plants in the living room.
- Place good quality rugs and carpets
- To keep the house organized, provide servers and cabinets.
- Place an antique coat hanger, shoe rack and a key bowl in the hallway.
Prepare The House Well
There are a number of things that need to be checked before putting your vacation home up for rent:
- Keep the house neat and tidy
- Check the batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Schedule seasonal tune-ups for the fireplace, HVAC system and the kitchen hood
- Vacuum the carpets, rugs and blinds, replace if worn out or old
- Clean the fridge and get rid of leftover food as well as cans
- Leave some board games and playing cards in the living room
Stock The House With Basic Supplies
- Kitchen: Most guests renting a vacation home prefer to cook their own food. You can consider including the kitchen essentials like pans, coffee mugs, pots, spoons, dishes, knives etc. Additional utilities like bottle openers, oven and dishwasher may also be provided.
- Bathroom And Toilet: Keep a fresh Stock of toilet rolls, soaps, shampoos and clean towels. Make sure the taps and shower work properly.
- Closet: You can store extra linens and sheets, first-aid kit, torch, extra batteries as well as other useful items.
Implementing the above mentioned tips can help your guests feel at home, enjoy better privacy, more space and a memorable vacation.
If you want to rent out your vacation rental home in Corpus Christi, TX, contact The Rental Management Company. We can help you to find quality tenants for your property. For more information, call us at (361) 949 – 9050.