As a landlord, it is essential to keep the renters happy who are coming to stay in your vacation rental. The renters will return to your place again and again if they feel as comfortable and relaxed as they feel in their homes. For this, you need to combine the luxuries of a hotel with the comforts of a home.
Following are some simple steps that can be followed to make your vacation rental feel like home:
- Pay special attention to cleanliness: Paying attention to minute details can spruce up the complete look of your rental home. Get your home thoroughly cleaned by professional cleaners to keep it spick and span. Cleaning is necessary after every tenant moves out of your vacation rental. Change the bed sheets and towels for showcasing a completely professional attitude. Also, get the carpets and curtains dry cleaned to make sure there is no dust around.
- Create a welcoming décor: Make your home feel welcoming to entice the visitors and ensure that they return to your place during the next holiday season. Keep all the elements balanced with elegant and simple furniture pieces. Do not put up personal photographs or any memoirs related to your family. Stack away all the unnecessary clutter as this will make the rooms look more spacious.
- Have a well-stocked kitchen: Most of the families that prefer to live in vacation rentals, often like to cook during the holidays. They will love if you give them a fully stocked kitchen with all the items required to prepare meals. Ensure that the kitchen has a dishwasher, a microwave oven, multiple pans and pots, ample spoons, baking sheets, dishwashing detergents etc. You can also keep spices and condiments along with plastic wraps and aluminum foil.
- Make the bedroom comfortable: It is good to offer the guests ample storage space in the bedroom to make them feel at home. For this purpose, make sure there are a good amount of hangers in the closets along with empty drawers in all the bedrooms. Although televisions are not mandatory in all the rooms, but you need to have one in the master bedroom. Apart from fresh bedding, always keep extra pillows and blankets handy. Check all the lamps and fans to see if they are working properly.
- Make the vacation rental smell nice: Make sure your rental home smells fresh but do not use strong room fresheners as these may cause allergies or overwhelm the visitors. Instead, keep the scents subtle and try to co-ordinate them with the interiors of your place. For instance, natural scents of rosemary, lemongrass or vanilla can be used as they are very pleasing to the senses.
For more tips to make your vacation rental feel like home, contact The Rental Management Company at (361) 949 – 9050.