Preparing vacation rentals in advance helps to ensure that everything a guest requires for a comfortable and memorable stay is available as & when needed.
Following are some tips on what can be done to prepare your vacation rental for guests:
- Prepare A Master List: Prepare a master list to help your guests get accustomed to their new surroundings. The list should comprise of information such as emergency contact numbers, nearby stores, eating joints, property rules, garbage pick-up days and so on.
- Thorough Cleaning: Hire professional cleaners to clean the vacation rental thoroughly. This will give a sparkling new feel to the property that is sure to be appreciated by guests.
- Do Some Touch-Ups: In preparation for your guests, consider doing some minor repairs and touch ups. Also, minor repairs will help you in combating a problem before it exaggerates and save money.
- Upgrade The Bedrooms: Consider replacing torn, faded or worn out bed sheets and pillow cases with new ones. Opt for bed sheets that have a thread count of 400 or higher as these tend to last longer and are much softer. Get rid of flat pillows and replace them with fluffy ones instead. Invest in memory foam toppers for mattresses to lend a plush look to the bedding and add to its comfort.
- Stock The Kitchen: Stock the kitchen with inexpensive dinnerware (preferably matching set) and some cooking tools. You may also place some wine glasses and unbreakable plates in the kitchen.
- Offer Some Cleaning Supplies: Your guests will appreciate some cleaning supplies such as paper towels, cleaning spray, a vacuum cleaner, dust pan, broom, air freshener, etc.
- Offer Some Special Extras: Gestures such as buying your guests a welcome gift make a lot of difference in how they feel. Apart from this, surprise them with exciting knick-knacks when they step into the vacation rental like board games, toys, movies, books, magazines and so on.
- Take Care Of Health And Safety Issues: The preparation phase is a good time to clear the rental of fungus & mold, see that carbon monoxide & smoke detectors are working, check security features, eradicate pests, inspect heating & air conditioning systems and so on.
- Tame The Outdoors: Get rid of dead plants in the lawn and replace them with new ones, pull out the weed, cut the grass, prune trees and so on. Remember that the outdoors will be the first thing that your guests will see on arriving at the vacation rental, so keep it groomed and well-maintained.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental owners in maintaining and renting out their property in North Padre Island. To know more about preparing your vacation rental for guests, call at 361-949-9050 or visit The Rental Management Company 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX-78418.