Preparing a vacation rental for your guests goes a long way in ensuring that the condition of your rental is immune to accidental damages. However, a few things can be done to ensure your property is better prepared for guests and reduce the chances of things getting misplaced, broken or spilled.
Following is a list of things that can be done to guest-proof a vacation rental:
- A Welcome Book: Offer your guests a hardcopy or a digital pamphlet containing information like Wi-Fi password, house rules, emergency exits and numbers, instructions for equipment offered such as bicycles, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Protect The Floors: Increase life of the floors of your vacation rental by spreading rugs and floor mats. Floors made out of carpet, hardwood and tile benefit the most from this. It’s easier to clean a floor mat or rug on which something has been spilled upon than to rectify the damage caused to expensive flooring. You can also ask your guests to take-off their shoes while they are inside the rental. Place a shoe rack or basket at the entry to encourage this habit.
- Emergency Lighting And Night Lights: You can avoid accidents and mishaps by providing your guests with emergency lighting options such as torches, battery powered candles and touch lights for moving through hallways, or going to the washroom at night.
- Label Kitchen Cabinets: Labelling kitchen cabinets makes it convenient for guests to find things easily.
Curtains: Use curtains instead of expensive blinds and other window treatments for vacation rentals targeting families with small children and pets. Even if damaged in any way, it does not cost much to get them replaced.
- Decorations: Keep your vacation rental minimalistic and avoid expensive items of décor. Avoid glass objects and other breakable items when decorating.
- Keep Cleaning Products And Cables Away: Electronic cables on low lying cabinets should be neatly tucked away to avoid accidental entanglement and consequent falls & injuries. The same goes for cleaning products. Keeping them away in closed cabinets prevents accidental spillage or consumption by small children and pets.
- Use Minimal Wood: There is no doubt that wood looks classy and beautiful in homes but using them in vacation rentals on chairs, bedposts and other pieces of furniture makes it vulnerable to damage. Wood requires a lot of care and maintenance which your guests are not bound to do.
The Rental Management Company offers a number of vacation rental homes in Corpus Christi. For more information, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX 78418.