The defining characteristic of a great host is the ability to provide memorable experience to their guests. Being a great host has a significant effect on how your guests feel and also impacts the reviews they provide on various online platforms.
Listed below are some factors that contribute towards making a great host:
- An Impressive Listing: The first step towards being a great host is to prepare a listing that stands out from the rest. It should be honest, comprise of beautiful pictures and detailed descriptions of the vacation rental to help your clients have required information about the property.
- Active Hosting: Active hosting refers to being available at all times for the needs and queries of your guests. A good host is responsive to the needs of his guests and ensures they are comfortable & feel at home.
- Welcoming Information: On your guests’ arrival; provide essential information about the vacation rental e.g. housekeeping services, check-in and check-out timings, availability of Wi-Fi and more. You can also provide some personalized recommendations on the basis of things they would like to do while on vacation.
- Impressive First Impression: Strengthen your first impression by providing food and a welcome drink to your guests on their arrival. Offer your guests useful information about local delicacies, attractions, shopping, bars & nightlife, tours, etc.
- Reviews And Referrals: A great host does not shy away from asking for reviews and referrals based on the services & experience provided. This is important because clients tend to trust reviews of close friends and family members.
- Cleanliness: It is important to know the value of conducting a thorough cleaning session prior to the arrival of guests. Do ensure that the vacation rental is gleaming and smells fresh.
- Emergency Handling: Create an emergency plan for your guests; just in case one arises. The plan should consist of steps to be followed in case of an emergency. Provide your guest with a list of important phone numbers for handling unforeseen events.
- Stock-Up: Stock the kitchen, bedrooms and bathrooms with quality essentials. Offer good quality mattresses and sheets in the bedroom. Stock the bathroom with clean towels, toothpaste, soap, provide warm water and more. The kitchen should be provided with appliances like a stove & microwave, dinnerware, glasses and a few grocery items like milk & eggs in the refrigerator.
- Online And Offline Connections: Good hosts know the value of establishing connections with other local hosts. Such interactions expose vacation rental hosts to new opportunities and also help them in learning new things for improving their services.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental property owners in managing their properties and ensuring quality services to guests for higher ROI. To know more about being a great vacation rental host in North Padre Island, call at (361) 949 – 9050 or visit The Rental Management Company, 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418.