As a vacation rental owner, it is important to follow cleaning protocols and develop new practices to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitization. The importance of ensuring cleanliness has grown during the COVID-19 pandemic as guest expectations towards cleanliness and sanitation have changed significantly. While choosing a vacation rental, guests will consider the hygiene practices as an utmost priority.
Here are some cleaning guidelines to be followed by vacation rental owners during COVID-19:
- Cleaning, Disinfection & Sanitization: A standard protocol to be followed by vacation rental owners should include the process of cleaning, disinfection, and sanitization. Cleaning removes dirt, germs, and impurities from surfaces but may not kill the germs 100 percent. So after cleaning, the surfaces should be disinfected using chemicals to reduce the risk of infection. Sanitization further reduces the number of germs to a safe level. The guests should be appropriately informed that the property has gone through the disinfection process.
- State Requirements For Cleaning: Professional standards of cleaning have been advised to the vacation rental owners which each of them must abide by. They are required to take a note of which items need to be cleaned and disinfected and how to communicate clearly with the guests. States have provided instructions on the protective gear to be used by housekeeping staff, how to disinfect high-touch surfaces, how much time is needed between bookings to avoid back-to-back stays. The rules also outline what antibacterial hand washes, cleaners, and hand sanitizers should be kept for guests. It is recommended for vacation rental owners to have a look at these guidelines and follow the steps necessary to keep the vacation rentals clean and safe.
- Communicating Standard Procedures With The Guests: For the vacation rentals to stand out, owners should show off their efforts in cleaning and disinfecting to the potential guests. They can use terms such as ‘Disinfected’ and ‘Deep Cleaned’ in the property name. Highlight the efforts that have been taken to clean and disinfect the properties in the descriptions. It is great to mention the cleaning guidelines or policies followed to reassure the guests. Show the photos of the cleaning staff and the cleaning process to earn trust. Include things provided such as masks, gloves, cleaning detergent, etc. in the amenities list.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure that the vacation rentals are sanitized and disinfected as per the cleaning protocols. For more details on cleaning protocols for vacation rentals during COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949-9050.
Millions of travelers and potential guests excessively use social media every day. Social media is extremely important for the vacation rental industry. Marketing your vacation rental over social media can greatly impact the bookings.
For this reason, it is important to tailor the use of each social media platform according to its specific function for advertizing your vacation rental. Understanding the most appropriate way to use each platform will allow for the maximum return on your investment (time, money, and energy).
A clear and effective social media strategy will help to grow your vacation rental business by promoting your rental property in the right way. It will result into more visibility and attract more guests.
Define The Social Media Strategy
To develop a comprehensive social media strategy, consider the following things:
- Your Goals: Before working on social media plans, clearly define your goals and objectives. Vacation rental owners may want to develop brand awareness, boost traffic on the website, or increase the number of bookings, etc. Setting up goals will help you to analyze results at the end of each month and allow you to know if your strategy is working or it needs to change.
- Social Media Platforms: Select social media channels based on the time you can spend on them, your knowledge and skills, and the preferences of your guests.
- Professional Account: Create a professional account on the social media you are using. This account is required to be all about your vacation rental business and not your personal life.
Promote The Vacation Rental
Social media is a great tool to advertize your vacation rental so you need to focus on the content you want to post.
- Visual Identity: Establish a visual identity for your vacation rental by using a logo and specific colors. This will help people identify you when they see your posts among many others on their Facebook or LinkedIn walls.
- Location & Hashtags: Frequently use location and hashtags to help potential guests find you on social media.
- Promote The Experience: Show how great it is to stay at your vacation rental, mention the activities and the extras you are offering to your guests. These are your unique selling points.
Stay Informed About Vacation Rental Industry
Social media channels are also an excellent way to keep up to date with the latest news about the industry and the new regulations. Follow niche magazines or websites about vacation rental business on your social media platforms for the latest information.
The Rental Management Company provides a variety of services to the vacation rental owners. The company promotes all the vacation rentals through its online listings. For more details on the use of social media for promoting your vacation rental, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.