Vacation rentals are a great choice for solo travelers on business or leisure trips. Such travelers prefer vacation rentals for comfort and affordability. Travelling solo is a trend that is catching up in many parts of the world and these travelers are a guest demographic that vacation rental owners need to prepare for.
If you own a vacation rental and are interested in providing accommodation to solo travelers, here are some things you can do to prepare your rental:
- Cater To The Solo-Traveler’s Needs: To start with, understand the needs of the solo traveler in order to provide what he needs for a comfortable stay. If the guest is travelling for business purposes, you should provide amenities and comforts to suit the same e.g. a reliable and fast internet connection, comfortable office furniture and so on. If the traveler is interested in checking out the local culture, provide maps to the area, guidebooks, etc.
- Stock The Kitchen: Solo travelers will appreciate a well-stocked kitchen for the convenience it offers and the amount of money it will help to save. Provide modern cooking amenities and stock the fridge with essentials like butter, jam, some fresh veggies, etc. Include amenities such as a microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster, smoke detectors, trash can liner, dishwashing liquid and more.
- Offer Entertainment Options: Provide entertainment options for your solo traveler for the moments spent indoors. The best options for solo travelers are books, magazines, television, a music system, etc. You can also provide additional services like a cycle for moving around and exploring the place, a pool, etc.
- Provide Essential Services: Help your solo-guest to save on the costs of essential services by providing the same at the vacation rental. Solo-travelers appreciate basics like toilet roll, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, sunscreen, moisturizer, clean towels, fresh bed linen and more.
- Provide Detailed Instructions: Communication is essential when it comes to travelling solo, so provide a clear mode of communication for your guest in case of an emergency. Also provide detailed information about the local area, important telephone numbers, check-in/out conditions, house help, garbage disposal and more. You can also provide written instructions on operating remote controls for electronics, how to access the internet connection, operating the security system, dishwasher, local rules on parking, a list of gas stations, local grocery stores and recommended restaurants.
- House Rules: Establish and communicate clearly the rules to be followed by solo travelers for a smooth experience. Leave a well-explained list of “house rules” pertaining to smoking rules, guests and parties, pets, loud music at night and more. Also provide a contact number or email in case your guest has any query about the rules.
The Rental Management Company offers complete property management services to vacation rental owners. To know more about preparing vacation rental for solo travelers, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418, or call at (361) 949 – 9050.