As a vacation rental owner, it is important to follow cleaning protocols and develop new practices to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitization. The importance of ensuring cleanliness has grown during the COVID-19 pandemic as guest expectations towards cleanliness and sanitation have changed significantly. While choosing a vacation rental, guests will consider the hygiene practices as an utmost priority.
Here are some cleaning guidelines to be followed by vacation rental owners during COVID-19:
- Cleaning, Disinfection & Sanitization: A standard protocol to be followed by vacation rental owners should include the process of cleaning, disinfection, and sanitization. Cleaning removes dirt, germs, and impurities from surfaces but may not kill the germs 100 percent. So after cleaning, the surfaces should be disinfected using chemicals to reduce the risk of infection. Sanitization further reduces the number of germs to a safe level. The guests should be appropriately informed that the property has gone through the disinfection process.
- State Requirements For Cleaning: Professional standards of cleaning have been advised to the vacation rental owners which each of them must abide by. They are required to take a note of which items need to be cleaned and disinfected and how to communicate clearly with the guests. States have provided instructions on the protective gear to be used by housekeeping staff, how to disinfect high-touch surfaces, how much time is needed between bookings to avoid back-to-back stays. The rules also outline what antibacterial hand washes, cleaners, and hand sanitizers should be kept for guests. It is recommended for vacation rental owners to have a look at these guidelines and follow the steps necessary to keep the vacation rentals clean and safe.
- Communicating Standard Procedures With The Guests: For the vacation rentals to stand out, owners should show off their efforts in cleaning and disinfecting to the potential guests. They can use terms such as ‘Disinfected’ and ‘Deep Cleaned’ in the property name. Highlight the efforts that have been taken to clean and disinfect the properties in the descriptions. It is great to mention the cleaning guidelines or policies followed to reassure the guests. Show the photos of the cleaning staff and the cleaning process to earn trust. Include things provided such as masks, gloves, cleaning detergent, etc. in the amenities list.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation rentals. The agents ensure that the vacation rentals are sanitized and disinfected as per the cleaning protocols. For more details on cleaning protocols for vacation rentals during COVID-19, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949-9050.
Vacation rental houses are a great option for families and groups of friends looking for a place that feels just like home. To get the most out of a vacation home, there are certain things to keep in mind before renting it such as costs, payment methods, terms and conditions in the rental agreement, etc.
If you are renting a vacation rental home for the first time, following are some tips to help you make the right decision:
- Research: The first step is to conduct thorough research for finding a vacation rental that suits your liking in terms of features, amenities, budget, etc. It is recommended to do so around six months before you plan to travel as vacation rentals book up fast. You can avail the assistance of a rental agent for recommendations based on your destination and trip timing.
- Read The Contract Thoroughly: Go through the contract thoroughly before signing it so that you are clear about what to expect on moving in. Check policies regarding refunds in case of poor services, extra fees, cancellation, insurance, reservation, utility bills, phone service, pets, sub-leasing, and other features.
- Check Amenities: Usually, those looking for a vacation rental do so only for a few days due to which it is good to have amenities such as a washer, dryer, dishwasher, bedding, towels, free Wi-Fi, outdoor spaces, parking, etc. When researching vacation rentals, make it a point to ask whether the amenities you would like to have will be provided.
- Secure Payment: If you are to make payments online, ensure that the website has secure payment options that protect information about your credit card and bank details. It is advisable to read online reviews to know about the experiences of previous renters as far as modes of payment are concerned.
- Documentation: In case you spot existing damage on day one, be sure to document it in the form of a photograph and bring it to the property owner’s notice. Do the same on the last day as proof in case a misunderstanding comes up.
The Rental Management Company offers a variety of vacation houses on rent. Customers can consult the agents to find an ideal vacation rental based on the amenities offered and budget. For more details on tips for renting a vacation house, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
The right price for a vacation rental is one that attracts quality tenants and offers good returns to the property owner. When setting the price, the trick is to target guests who will be responsible enough to take care of the property while inhabiting it. Also, you should focus on minimizing the vacancy rate. To determine the ideal price for your rental, you will have to estimate the expenses of managing it and optimize your costs accordingly.
Tips that will help you in determining what the right price for a vacation rental are:
- Cost Of Running The Rental: Start with calculating the costs incurred on running your rental. Segregate the expenses into fixed and variable costs. The fixed costs are taxes, mortgage payments, homeowners insurance, TV, internet, etc. whereas, variable costs include utility costs like electricity, AC and heat, property repairs, etc. Knowledge about expenses is necessary for determining what the minimal rental rate should be.
- Research: Study establishments similar to your rental property to get an idea of what your price should be as per the amenities you are offering. Explore vacation rental listings on the internet, check out local newspapers, compare features, etc. to get a picture of what your neighborhood’s rental market looks like and make the necessary adjustments in your pricing.
- Work On Your Selling Point: Once you have done your research and explored what others have to offer, the next step is to determine factors that make your property stand out from the rest. Highlight these factors to fetch more rent. Examples of unique features in a vacation rental are a bigger bedroom, high-quality furniture, modern appliances, excellent Wi-Fi connectivity, etc.
- Use Dynamic Pricing Tools: Dynamic pricing is a great way to set the right price and adjust the same intelligently. These tools may help in determining the right price as per the number of guests, length of stay, day of the week, etc.
- Deals And Perks: Guests will be willing to pay more in exchange for interesting perks. Include attractive deals and promotions in your packages to attract more bookings and raise the price a bit.
- Reward Repeat Guests: To enjoy a good rental price without the need to reduce it for returning guests, offer special incentives to repeat guests. This can be in the form of exclusive discounts or rewards.
The Rental Management Company offers management services for vacation rentals. The property managers ensure that the vacation rental properties are marketed well to minimize the vacancy period. For further details on ways to set the right vacation rental price, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at (361) 949 – 9050.
With Christmas around the corner, it is time for family and friends to have fun, travel and relax which gives you a reason to attract extra bookings for your vacation rental. As a vacation rental owner, it is an opportunity for you to fascinate potential tenants by preparing your property for the holiday season. There is a lot that you can do to make your vacation rental stand out from the rest such as Christmas decorations, welcome gifts, etc.
Some interesting ideas to create a spectacular appeal for your vacation rental are:
- Offer Christmas Packages: Offer holiday packages to your guests including goodies like coupons for a special meal, breakfast delivery, a Champaign basket, cider mixes, hot chocolate, freshly baked cookies, etc. Your guests will feel welcomed and they will surely appreciate the extra effort you took to make their stay a memorable one.
- Decorate: Decorate entryways and hallways with decorations specific to Christmas so that your guests enjoy Christmas traditions even when they are away from home. For this, you can use candles, a Christmas tree, lights, a snowman, holiday scents, wreaths, etc.
- Send A Newsletter: Spread the word about your vacation rental this Christmas by sending a holiday-special newsletter to previous guests and newsletter subscribers. The newsletter can include a Christmas greeting, festive photography and a mention about special deals, gift packages and discounts being offered by you.
- Provide In-Home Entertainment: Offer your guests some entertainment in the form of special events, board games, magazines, books, movies and more for the time they spend inside the vacation rental. This way your guests can enjoy quality time with their family.
- Stage Your Rental: Showcase your vacation rental by staging it for the festive season with festive decor. Click photographs of the decorated rental and include them in your newsletter or online listing to show potential guests the glimpses of what to expect.
The Rental Management Company offers property management services to vacation rental owners. Our team ensures proper maintenance of the properties and works towards reducing vacancy period. For more details on tips to make your vacation rental Christmas ready, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at: (361) 949 – 9050.
A vacation rental is a great investment that helps in generating good cash flow, provided it is well-maintained. The dynamics of managing a vacation rental have improved over the years due to the advent of technology and advanced ways of managing property.
Tips for vacation rental owners on how to manage their rentals effectively and efficiently are:
Be Quick To Respond: A major aspect of managing a vacation rental is responding to the requests or issues of guests at the earliest. A vacation rental owner should be prompt at managing prospective bookings, maintenance issues, repairs, etc.
- Update Property Listings: Online property listings should be updated on a regular basis with current photos of the property, availability status, change in rent and other details. Also, respond to customer reviews or queries on online forums to increase your visibility and show your level of involvement.
- Use Technology: Improve your communication with guests by making use of the latest technology. Use smart locks with different codes for guests, housekeeping, etc. for an extra layer of security. It is also recommended to use web management portals for assistance with maintenance requests.
- Hire A Property Manager: In order to ensure upmost condition of your vacation rental, consider hiring an experienced property management company. The property manager will collect funds, gauge potential guests before referring them directly to you, outsource services and handle other tasks to improve ROI from your investment property.
- Buy Insurance: Protect your vacation rental and guests by purchasing a suitable insurance plan. This will also protect you from being held personally liable for any claims and any financial loss resulting from such claims.
- Dynamic Pricing: For a higher booking rate, price your vacation rental as per its demand based on the current season, local events, holidays and so on.
- Manage Finances: Increase your revenue by managing your income and expenses. An experienced property management company can assist you in finance management by providing monthly financial reports. Property managers make it a point to reduce your expenses and improve income.
The Rental Management Company offers services for vacation rental management. Our property managers take care of rental bookings, maintenance of the rental, rent collection, etc. For more details on vacation rental management tips, visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive, Corpus Christi, TX – 78418. You can also call at: (361) 949 – 9050.
Preparing vacation rentals in advance helps to ensure that everything a guest requires for a comfortable and memorable stay is available as & when needed.
Following are some tips on what can be done to prepare your vacation rental for guests:
- Prepare A Master List: Prepare a master list to help your guests get accustomed to their new surroundings. The list should comprise of information such as emergency contact numbers, nearby stores, eating joints, property rules, garbage pick-up days and so on.
- Thorough Cleaning: Hire professional cleaners to clean the vacation rental thoroughly. This will give a sparkling new feel to the property that is sure to be appreciated by guests.
- Do Some Touch-Ups: In preparation for your guests, consider doing some minor repairs and touch ups. Also, minor repairs will help you in combating a problem before it exaggerates and save money.
- Upgrade The Bedrooms: Consider replacing torn, faded or worn out bed sheets and pillow cases with new ones. Opt for bed sheets that have a thread count of 400 or higher as these tend to last longer and are much softer. Get rid of flat pillows and replace them with fluffy ones instead. Invest in memory foam toppers for mattresses to lend a plush look to the bedding and add to its comfort.
- Stock The Kitchen: Stock the kitchen with inexpensive dinnerware (preferably matching set) and some cooking tools. You may also place some wine glasses and unbreakable plates in the kitchen.
- Offer Some Cleaning Supplies: Your guests will appreciate some cleaning supplies such as paper towels, cleaning spray, a vacuum cleaner, dust pan, broom, air freshener, etc.
- Offer Some Special Extras: Gestures such as buying your guests a welcome gift make a lot of difference in how they feel. Apart from this, surprise them with exciting knick-knacks when they step into the vacation rental like board games, toys, movies, books, magazines and so on.
- Take Care Of Health And Safety Issues: The preparation phase is a good time to clear the rental of fungus & mold, see that carbon monoxide & smoke detectors are working, check security features, eradicate pests, inspect heating & air conditioning systems and so on.
- Tame The Outdoors: Get rid of dead plants in the lawn and replace them with new ones, pull out the weed, cut the grass, prune trees and so on. Remember that the outdoors will be the first thing that your guests will see on arriving at the vacation rental, so keep it groomed and well-maintained.
The Rental Management Company helps vacation rental owners in maintaining and renting out their property in North Padre Island. To know more about preparing your vacation rental for guests, call at 361-949-9050 or visit The Rental Management Company 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX-78418.
Vacation rentals are a popular choice amongst tourists as they are cost effective. Choosing and booking the right vacation rental from the myriad of choices can be a little confusing for first-timers. Following are some useful hacks for booking vacation rentals and having a great experience with your family and friends:
- Take Your Time When Reading Descriptions: Property description is one of the most important thing to consider when looking for a vacation rental. Instead of quickly skimming through descriptions, take time to go through them carefully as you may find valuable information about the rental.
- Go Through As Many Reviews As Possible: Reading the reviews can be helpful as they are a source of real life experiences of previous visitors. This could help you can have a fair idea of what the actual experience would be like.
- Check For Basic Amenities: Before booking a vacation rental, make sure that you ask about the amenities that shall be provided to you. Most vacation rentals provide basic amenities like clean towels, detergent, clean sheets and linens, etc.
- Ask For References: Contacting references is a smart way of assessing the vacation rental experience. Also, it helps in gaining information about the property owner.
- Contact Them Before Booking: To ensure a smooth check-in contacting the rental agent prior to moving in. This will give you the opportunity to clarify any doubts.
- Look Up The Vacation Rental On A Map Or Real-Estate Site: Ask for the address of the rental and try to map its location for a realistic view. Alternatively, you can look for the property on the real estate site and explore it in satellite view to get an aerial glance of the property and the area around it.
- Pack Smart: Lastly, when you are ready to move to your vacation rental, pack items of personal importance like charger, an extension cord, an air mattress, toilet paper, shampoo, conditioner, soap, baby safety gates, etc.
Inquire About Internet Access: Most people assume that internet access will be provided in vacation rentals. However, always confirm this before booking the rental.
The Rental Management Company provides convenient online booking for vacation rentals in Corpus Christi. The team ensures that the properties are well-maintained and equipped with facilities required for a comfortable stay. To book a vacation rental, call at (361) 949-9050. You can also visit 14613 South Padre Island Drive Corpus Christi, TX-78418.